Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehybridphil
Student

Loc: Milky Way....they'll neve...
Harmala Alkaloids
    #5572659 - 04/30/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Just recently, I have extracted some Harmala Alkaloids from some Syrian Rue seeds. From 30 g. of dry material, I have obtained about 20 grams of brown liquid. To extract, I boiled the seeds with lemon juice and filtered the pulp material through a coffee filter, repeating three times until there was unsubstantial material left over. What sort of yields should I expect? I'm thinking...assuming 67% extraction, that would mean that (30 grams dry material x .67% = 20 grams liquid.) So technically, If I wanted to administer 2 grams of seeds, I would take 2 grams of the liquid. Correct me if I'm wrong..Also, I know that DMT will not have any effects orally without the presence of a maoi in the body. But does a MAOI have an effect on the body by itself? Say If I was to drink 5 grams of the liquid mixed in with some juice (equivalent to 5 grams of seeds) what sort of effect would I expect, if any? 10 grams? ALL the liquid I have...?

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePithlit
Stranger in astrange Land
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: Harmala Alkaloids [Re: hybridphil]
    #5573002 - 04/30/06 02:09 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

MAOIs have a distinct effect on the body, mostly in higher doses.
I did the same extraction you did for myself and i can only say: taste the stuff before you mix it! for me it was the most horrible taste i have ever had. Only way to get that stuff in was to completly evaporate and the sort out the crystals/sludge (it turns into some sort of semi solid tar, shat sticks absolutly everywhere and doesn?t want to get off, into capsules and ingest it that way.
I think it was a harmala extraction did, but i?m not sure, its a few years in the back, now.

As for the effects: You can trip of an MAOI alone, but i wouldn?t reccomed it at all, tried it once and i have to say its no way worth it, but for the experiment :/
I didn?t know how much i took that time, but i think it was an equivalent to 8-10gr seed material.
Took an hour to hit, no efects until then, but suddelns the whole world turned, i felt fuzzy all over had major problems with balance.
Half a hour later my stomach did finally give up on that vile stuff and i threw out all of that brown sludge, that sill remained there.
My nausea didn?t get any better at all and i ended up for the next 3 hours to throw up dry in intervals of like 15 minutes.
It was these "long" intervals because i laid down when i was not busy, standing up i would imideatly nauseated.
For visuals i have to say they were quite nice, but not very focused.
images would pop up for a split second and after that imediatly replaced by something else.
Quite some amazing stuff, but not really worth the chore.

Be sure to keep the maoi guidelines with all the foodstuffs etc. its really important.

OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
Re: Harmala Alkaloids [Re: Pithlit]
    #5573037 - 04/30/06 02:27 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

They are hallucinogenic in themselves but only in amounts which can closely approach the toxic dose. I wouldn't recommend dosing on them for an experience...hard on the body and again, close to the toxic dose.

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Harmala Alkaloids [Re: Pithlit]
    #5573046 - 04/30/06 02:31 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You fucked around with you rue thus far. Have a fun time knowing how much you want to take.

You have made the whole thing harder to understand just by making a shitty extract.

When you take ayahuasca its best to not be a sissy and just eat or boil some rue.

"Will maois have an effect on the body by its self"? Hell yes they will at the right dose. You can trip VERY hard on maois by themselves.

If you eat 30 grams of rue or the equivalent to it, god help you.

Edited by stemmer (04/30/06 02:31 AM)

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Harmala Alkaloids [Re: stemmer]
    #5573418 - 04/30/06 08:00 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

don't worry, B. Caapi
don't eat rue. I ignored the rest of the post so dunno what it's about but rue.. ick

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Harmala Alkaloids [Re: el_duderino]
    #5578270 - 05/01/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hasenfratz/manske:
soak crushed seeds in vinegar 3x, boil down the combined filtered vinegars, add NaCl, chill, filter out solids:
harmine & harmaklne HCl

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale