Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: ohmatic]
    #5577746 - 05/01/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

what you see is what i ended up with. i evaporated the alcohol a slight bit more to concentrate it a little more.

held up to a light you could see crystals forming after the freezing process.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBirthbytongue
Apprentice
Male
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5582136 - 05/02/06 05:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

so i wonder if it would be possible to overdose with this highly concentrated liquid form.... interesting.

--------------------
--------------------------------------
Proliferation of knowledge is our ONLY weapon!!!!!! WAKE UP the SLEEPING!

Edited by Birthbytongue (05/02/06 05:06 PM)

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Birthbytongue]
    #5582314 - 05/02/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i beleive it is possible. prolly not to a death but to the point where your body would be in a coma like state for quite a few hours.

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5612747 - 05/10/06 01:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thenewguy05 said:
i beleive it is possible. prolly not to a death but to the point where your body would be in a coma like state for quite a few hours.

if you can get a QP into a shotglass like Rogerrabbit did, i think death is easily achievable.  lol
:crazy2:

Offlinehambone
nein vollständignude
Male

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Razman]
    #5631262 - 05/15/06 02:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

as i understand it the problem with extracting into crystal form is that it breaks down when exposed to oxygen?

if this is right has anyone tried doing this in an oxygen free environment then packing the crystals into caps and sealing airtight? one could easily vent the top of a glove box and use co2 to displace the oxygen during the process.

some benefits over just griding and capping would be that one smaller cap would suffice and a filler could be added to make extended/ sustained release caps for varying experiences. otherwise the trip would be too intense for too short a time imo.

InvisibleHyphalTryptamin
Stranger

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: hambone]
    #5636661 - 05/16/06 08:24 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Right. In theory wouldn't it be possible to buy some cheap-ass spirit, like Vladimirs vodka, buy about 3 bottles or so, pour them into a pot, and put them in the freezer?

As alcohol has a much lower freezing point than water, the water would freeze and you could decant drinkable 95.5% alco?

--------------------

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: HyphalTryptamin]
    #5636928 - 05/16/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleHyphalTryptamin
Stranger

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Pinback]
    #5637155 - 05/16/06 11:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ah I see... thanks :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: HyphalTryptamin]
    #5763927 - 06/18/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i'm bumping this topic because i myself want to do a batch today to begin the process(or as soon as i'm clear about what to do). i have a bottle of 375ml everclear(190 proof), the same size snaggletooth posted above.

i read through the extraction techniques in the 1st post here and i'm a bit confused. can anyone sum up the technique here in a simple form?

if i use 1 oz of dried shrooms how much everclear should i use? the whole 375ml bottle or half the bottle? i think rr said about 1 pint per ounce but pf or someone said about half that much liquid per ounce.

this is what im thinking i should do, correct me if im wrong(i dont want the crytal stage like rr suggested):

put 1 ounce of dried ground cubes in about 375 ml's of everclear. store in freezer for a couple of weeks. strain and then equate the remaining liquid to grams for dosage scale.

is that right? or should i not store in freezer? should i just leave it at room temp and shake frequently?

after the shrooms have soaked in the liquid for a couple weeks do i need to boil it and go through that process? (if so i'm wondering how long to boil for?) or can i just strain and use that extraction?

i'ld appreciate if the process could be summed up in one place, like here, if anyone would be kind to do it. theres alot of info in this post and the links offer so many varying techniques. rr seems to have the results im looking for, just not sure how he arrived there. thanks to whomever helps with this, im really looking forward to trying it out.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Shnezbit]
    #5765474 - 06/18/06 07:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ok well i got impatient and decided to go ahead without any clarification on my questions. i have some limited experience in herbal extractions i've made before for occult purposes which used grain alcohol so i'm sort of relying on what ive learned with that to apply to psilicibe extraction.

today i took 10 dried grams of some of my best ground up stash. i put this in a small 1oz brown glass bottle i had. i then pured 1/2 cup of spiritus 192 proof grain alcohol into the bottle. i'm thinking i should maybe have used 1/4 cup but i guess we'll see.

i'm storing it in a draw at room temp unless someone here tells me that storing in the freezer is better. i'm planning on keeping it in there for at least 2 weeks, maybe 3 or 4 depending on how antsy i get to try it. i'll shake it a few times a day as time and memory permit.

hopfully in the mean time some one will post here to offer helpful advic on how to proceed. i'll of coarse continue searching and reading up on this too.

i do hope some of you with experience will chime in. i saved this post a while back 'cause i knew i was gonna try it. maybe i should post something in beginer forum 'cause i know u advanced people usually dont get involved with newb ?'s.

basically i'm wondering:

1. will i need to heat/evaporate any of the alcohol or will i be ok just thoroughly straining and then equating the shroom to liquid ratio for dosage and dose from there? like i said im not going for crystals like rr suggests.

2. should i be keeping my extraction in the fridge or freezer for now or is room temp the way to go.

3. should i have used less alcohol for 10 grams? does anyone have a good recipe of shroom weight to alcohol volume to use?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#5796742 - 06/27/06 06:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well i can see no one wants to chime in but i'll keep you all posted on the experiment.

today i filtered the liquid and got rid of the 'stuff'. now its sitting in a dark bottle. its a little less than .5 cup but i did add a little lemon juice the other day, not much though.

i'm wondering if its really neccessary to boil the liquid? can't i just calculate the amount in 10ths since i used 10 grams and go from there?

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5797841 - 06/27/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would think that would be fine.

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: fastfred] * 1
    #5806248 - 06/30/06 08:12 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Its simple Shnezbit.
Simply crush the dry shrooms up.
Place all the shroompowder into something like a boiling flask or a coffee maker jug.
Cover the shroompowder with enough alchol to cover it all and boil it for 10-15mins.
(Use an electric heating element to avoid flames)

And filtter through 3-4 coffee filters stacked toghether.

Then repeat with half the amount of alchol and filtter that lot aswell.

Then combine the 2 volume's of alchol together and boil/evaproate it all down to a manable amount.(Dont let it get to hot, Have a fan blowing across the top

Then place in the frezzer for atleast an hour and go have a look, And ya shound see crysatls on the bottom of the alchol salution.

Amd there ya have it, Simple as that.

Remember to use an electric element to boil with.

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: geko127]
    #5814278 - 07/03/06 12:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

thx gekko but i am not interested in getting crystals thats why i was asking if heating is necessary.

anyway, i did it the way i described above.

the other day i sampled a little.

the solution was actually in i think a 4 oz. brown glass botlle, i said 1 oz b4 i think but im prety sure its a 4 oz. bottle.

anyway the extract measured 1+3/4 inches by a ruler(lol). i pured out 1 quater inch worth and sampled that. it was equivalent to about a .5 gram experience. i usually like to only take 1 gram every 3 hours so next time i'll take twice as much.

anyway the body high was very euphoric. i was thinking how wonderfully intoxicating it was, much nicer than pot or alcohol.

well when i'm ready i'll sample a larger dose and post back here.

it's good to know it works, even with out going through the heating process.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5814784 - 07/03/06 05:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Jeez... 1.75 inches, 1/4 inch of a 1 ounce or maybe it's a 4 oz. bottle? I'm hesitant to post any advice since people seem to treating this subject WAY to casually.

I mean WTF? You didn't even bother to measure your dose? That's not very smart. It seems strange to me that people who's measurement skills wouldn't even cut it in the kitchen feel the need to concentrate an already potent psychoactive further.

-FF

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: fastfred] * 1
    #5814791 - 07/03/06 05:13 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, I was going to say that I don't think heating the extraction mixture is a good idea. It will probably lead to some or all of the psilocybin being dephosphorylated into psilocin, which oxidizes much more easily. Heating isn't going to speed the extraction that much, the reason to use it would be to increase the solubility, but you can easily just use more solvent. You'd probably get more mileage out of constant stirring rather than using heat.

I would also suggest that doing two extractions with half the solvent each time would give better results than one with a larger volume of solvent IMO.

-FF

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #5815337 - 07/03/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Heating is to boil off the alcohol and reduce the volume. It's far faster than fanning. Just use a double boiler and reduce it down to 1/10 or so the original volume of alcohol and stop there. The crystals you'll see form if you boil it down too much are inactive salts, so don't go there.

You also can't correlate dosages by grams of product used after the extraction. Just sample a small amount and see where you go. Extractions are not for sissies.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5815762 - 07/03/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

seems like ur losing alot.... i mean if you get a whole qp into a shot glass and it takes you 1cc to get a good buzz theres only 10cc in a shot. thats only about 10 trips. and there is about 50 trips in a qp

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #5815793 - 07/03/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

1 shot is 45cc.

-FF

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: fastfred]
    #5815833 - 07/03/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735297 cc
i guess my figures are off. seems like ur still losing though

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder