Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x.
    #5570916 - 04/29/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

so last night was my second experience with salvia, i did 20x with a friend.

we both took massive hits, i laughed like i was clinically insane, he actually saw the "tunnel rollercoaster" that i had seen the first time i tried the 10x but just like me, he wasnt able to "board" and blast off.

when he first took the hit, he said "this is weird, i dont like it, it seems as if an evil door is trying to be opened"

now just for the record, i have done psychedelics about 50 times, mushrooms and lsd, so i know the deal.

he has probably tripped hundreds of times on shrooms, lsd, mescaline, cocaine, herion, crack... basically hes done it all at a very high excess.

he felt that maybe the "hippies were just trying to reach for any kind of high and that saliva was junk"

i told him to give it time.

we continued to smoke it through out the night, smoked probably 3/4 of a gram between the two of us... and we got really wasted and it was very weird... but no "breakthrough".

him and i are the same when it comes to drugs... it takes ALOT to bring us to the level that we really drool for.

this 20x didnt seem much stronger to me than the 10x... i think im going to buy the 80x next time.

whats weird is that my gf's friend smoked this particular batch and happened to see two girls sitting on her couch.

at no time did me or my friend think we could have gotten to this level.

we smoked it out of a pipe first with a regular lighter, and then moved to a water bong later in the night.

like i said i got completely retarded, and we both felt very weird... but no break through on 20x.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: agoutihead]
    #5570960 - 04/29/06 04:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

My advice is change your surroundings. Lay down in your room with all the lights off and by yourself, take some deep hits of the salvia holding it for as long as possible and get ready for a crazy ride..

Offlineezkiel
IV:XX
Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: KingSpade]
    #5572100 - 04/29/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Standardized 20x? I've seen 40x salvia available that would def do you in. But dont take hits like weed. WIth ur bong or waterpipe use a butane torch lighter. In a dark room on your bed or something do what KingSpade said.

Fill the chamber cover it and deeply exhale then keep the torch on the salvia and finish the hit slowly+plus whatever else you can pull. Hold it till your lungs are dying then if possible exhale as slowly and consistantly as you can. Rinse and repeat until blast off.

note: make surey ou have somewhere to rest your bong down/ dont want any damage done to the glassware.

--------------------

I've made  few spore choices in my life. :mushroom2:
Chop... Drop... and Roll

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: ezkiel]
    #5572479 - 04/29/06 11:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think you need to buy your 20x from iamshaman. Seriously.  :biggrin:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5573305 - 04/30/06 05:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i can't say what makes one person more or less succeptible.
I would guarantee that i could not consume more than a tiny fraction of what you had without getting very embarrassed.

switching to a higher extract is not going to change the scenario on this.

you guys are very resistant to the effect. or
you are getting the effect and just not noticing.

notice any missing time slots?

well anyway, the salvia thing is short, fast and can't really be compared to lsd/shrooms except for intensity, the whole nature of a 3 monute effect is radically different from a 3 hour trip.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5573326 - 04/30/06 06:30 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

In all honesty, it probably won't work all that great no matter how high up the extract spectrum you go. If you go 40x or higher it either still won't work or you will wish it hadn't, one of the two.

Sounds to me like it was working on your friend. That "evil door" thing, I get that like 75% of the times I've done it. It is far from pleasant. I guess I would have to be there to know for sure.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: supersapien]
    #5573334 - 04/30/06 06:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"my second experience with salvia"

dont mistake your own inexperience with low potency.  salvia is not like a narcotic where once you have X amount, you are promised a certain feeling (or an OD...)

salvia requires YOU to know how to use it, not the other way around.

in all honesty, it sounds like you are doing this recreationally, so your expectations are hindering you more than anything else.

edit: all that being said, i didnt have a "breakthrough" until at least my 10th time using salvia, when i finally did it in darkness, silence, torch lighter, etc.

now i can break-on-through  :rolleyes: in 1 (or rather.. 3) hits on whatever, with a bic.  in the daylight with music, lol.  it really all disappears when its time.

try this technique, which NEVER fails for me:  setup 3-4 reasonable hits for yourself.  take a few good breaths, then inhale the first one, all in one large breath and hold it in.  Then, as you are holding it in pack the second hit.  As you exhale, light the lighter, and inhale the next hit (no breath in between) (and repeat the process).

Now ill just say that this technique could be very dangerous if not done in moderation, for obvious reasons, but I can usually get about 3-4 hits into it before i either realize its enough, or i just cant manage to get another in, as far as coordination is concerned).

you do that, and see if you dont have a better experience.  :crazy2:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Edited by kotik (04/30/06 06:50 AM)

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: kotik]
    #5575513 - 04/30/06 09:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

sorry guys the board was down last night when i tried to repost.

trust me though im not doing it recreationally and just to get fucked up.

i am a hallucinogenic archaeologist, minoring in organic technology!

i will say that my friend might have been leaning more towards getting fucked up on this than i was taking it as... but he still has explored many realities and fields of thought through out his years.

this was the second batch from shamanspalace.com i got.. it was the freebie 20x they sent me when i complained about the 10x batch.

like i said it definitally did something to us both.

but i wasnt transported to another dimension like on shrooms or heavy lsd.

its clearly still early in my salvia days, and im not giving up by any means, just posting my experiences for feed back as i go.

as far as any missing time slots.... i forgot to look at the clock when we started... i do remember asking my buddy how long it had been.

but it did have a slight/minor feeling of timelessness like on lsd or shrooms.

i am going to try and find another vendor with 20x or more and the next time i am going to do it bymyself, as i feel having another present took away from my effects.

the first time my set and setting was better than the second. i will try to revamp it for the next time around.

i dont know if its me or the drug, but i dont get the intense mind racing thoughts/ideas like on shrooms or lsd... is this normal? or does more of that come along with the breakthrough?

also... elgr told me for the 20x i do not need the torch lighter... i think i may try to switch that up the next time and definitally use one.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
    #5575775 - 04/30/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the "good" chemical in salvia burns at higher temperature so a torch lighter is recommended.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #5576701 - 05/01/06 09:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

How did you smoke it? Did you do it the right way?
If you did smoke it the right way then your supplier must be crap or you are both nearly immune to the effects.

There is no mindset or setting you have to be in. If you smoke Salvia the right way you will blast of. Mindset and setting only help to make the trip more pleasant and interesting.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5576738 - 05/01/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Just sounds like you aren't ready for what salvia does. I only need a good 5X unstandarized extract to go way to far and wish i hadn't smoked it. If i smoked as much 20X as you both did... well i could never smoke that much, cause i would go so far beyond anything and everything that i probably wouldn't come back.

Just do what everyone hear is saying, dark room, torch lighter and bong, and try and be as prepared as you can. If you still aren't getting much then stop doing salvia, cause it's obviously not your drug.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: Hrethic]
    #5577211 - 05/01/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

so we start to talk about burning and higher temperatures and other chemical physical issues that can affect the impact of the experience.

the torch lighter is reccommended for large bowls, bongs and waterpipes, because these are lossy combustion vehicles as salvinorin has a high boiling point (not burning temp), and it will recondense on the cooled surfaces - IMO all the extra tech makes it harder to smoke it effectively and you have to add more material to start with.
bongs and big bowled pipes end up being useful for plain leaf mostly.

with a small pipe, however, you can use a regular lighter and a smaller amount of 10x or 20x or whatever - taking care to inhale strongly which lowers the local area pressure and so lowers the boiling point so that when the bowl of a small pipe is cleared, all the salvinorin goes into the salvianaut, not condensing onto cold metal, or glass or into cool water.

for the inhaled salvinorin to be absorbed, the salvianaut has to hold the inhallation in the lungs - try 20 seconds.

it is a different style of smoking, though it is the very first way I smoked grass too, and the way I still do, explaining it's extreme potency to my small frame.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5577525 - 05/01/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

we took massive hits, held them in for 30 seconds and no blast off.... close... but no cigar.

we probably shouldnt have continued to smoke the rest of the 20x throughout the night and just waited till another day.

im not going to give up, ive only smoked it twice, and it was from the same vendor. im going to try iamshaman's 20x or so bymyself in a dark room and a torch lighter next time.

we shall see.

--------------------

OfflineHippyInASuit
Weed Farmer

#5578189 - 05/01/06 05:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm always amazed at how many people online say that extracts give them little effect. When I smoke salvia I pack .3-.5g of 6X into a bubbler waterpipe and smoke it all in a hit or two. No special lighter needed, just a Bick, and I blast off from those doses every time.

Does you extract say "standardized" anythere on the labeling? If it is not standardized extract then there is no guarantee how much extract is on each section of leaf, so you may just be smoking leaf insted of extract, but that is unlikely unless it is just total crap.

I don't think there are many people who would be totally immune to the effects, but nobody knows. Just make sure you hold each hit for at least 20 seconds after inhailing fully.

OfflineHippyInASuit
Weed Farmer

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: HippyInASuit]
    #5578216 - 05/01/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Well you posted right as I was typing and it sounds like you inhaled and held the hit just fine.

Like RedGreenVines, I use a smaller pipe. A bong would be too big, but this bubbler is fairly small and I like the water since you do have to really torch the extract to a high temp.

So I recommend using a smaller pipe, water-pipe if you have one, and a standardized extract next time. Also, if you take one hit and it doesn't work, take another and hold it just as long. Pack two hits worth if need be.

You said you smoked it all night long, were you holding each hit for 20-30 seconds?

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: HippyInASuit]
    #5579085 - 05/01/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i held every hit in for over 30 seconds.

the one time it felt like i was having a seizure and i fell over, but my buddy said i was sitting totally upright.

like i said it was very weird for both of us, and it did have effects, but no full breakthrough on almost 3/4 of a gram of standardized 20x.

im positive it was standardized... well thats what the package from shamanspalace said.

im going to try iamshaman next time to see how theirs is.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5579391 - 05/01/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

20X from iamshaman is :omg: :bowdown:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5579849 - 05/02/06 12:03 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Your getting some shit...iamshamans shit is bomb when I ordered it..10x is all you need..you can take a big enough rip of that to put you on your ass like whoa, if you do it right (nice bong rip and HOLD that shit)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia 20x was so so, i honestly need the 80x. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #5580071 - 05/02/06 01:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i am going to chcek out iamshaman.com .... i sent them a message the other night on myspace.

just to recoop the night for tonight... i did 1 gram of shrooms with cranberryjuice at 11 pm, and it was very very intense for 1 gram. its 4 hours later and i still feel it heavily.

great visuals, body buzz and oh the mind thoughts!

--------------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #5581449 - 05/02/06 01:14 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If you try Salvia again, update us.
I always wonder if all the people who say that 20X doesn't do much for them get the breakthrough in the end when they get good stuff or get sensitized to the Salvia.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals