Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeoQ
Stranger
Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL
    #5561260 - 04/27/06 12:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I am sure most of you have used Tryptamine HCL to increase potency up to 3 times. Here is a link for those that don't know:

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/7953

Where do you usually buy this chemical?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: NeoQ]
    #5561354 - 04/27/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Check out the harmala alkaloids and this post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum1&Number=4714757&page=0&fpart=all

as well if you're interested in potentiating psychadelics.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineShroomInduced
I read too manymycology books
Male

Loc: A giant mushroom in my he...
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: wiggles]
    #5561441 - 04/27/06 01:32 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I too would like to know where one can obtain Tryptamine. Ive ben wanting to experiment with this for some time now, a link would be excellent!

--------------------
That's a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know, the French, they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

Computer Fan Tek
Vote for you favorite strain of cubes 97 choices!

InvisibleWIZOLZ
Poor with Needs
Male User Gallery

Loc: Monte Carlo
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: ShroomInduced]
    #5561558 - 04/27/06 02:34 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thats one awsome discovery, the results are very very very facinating, if not entirely exciting. Thanks alot for the suggestion. I can only wonder what these experts are discovering today...about everything.

Now, I have a bottle of 5-HTP, hydroxytryptophan..hmmmm, sounds similar...but would it work also? It's spose to be brain medicine, not a mycilium additive. Meh, I could never test it...Though, It most probably increases the shroom effect...because its a seratonin supplement, similar compounds. Godda love all that biochemical mumbo jumbo.

Do you know where your kids are ??? "Yes, out eating super potent pyhcedelic mushrooms that I grew" (Best parent ever !!! )

--------------------
---------o----o----o-------o------------------------o--o-o-
----------------------------------------------------------------
Requim for a Dream - Paul Oakenfold
---------------------------------------------------------------
"The mis/abuse of any form of power, is the worst form of ignorance"
-------------------------------------------------------------
WIZOLZ - Lover with a Killer's Smile

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: WIZOLZ] * 1
    #5562143 - 04/27/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the name sounds similar but they're nothing alike.  5HTP is a precursor to seratonin, its just one little chemical conversion away from seratonin... i guess your body couldn't absorb a straight seratonin suppliment, so instead taking this "almost-seratonin" chemical your body easily converts it instead.  its usefulness is questionable since you aren't going to produce "extra" seratonin just because the building blocks are there, but if you're deficient it helps.  taking it regularly ensures healthy seratonin levels though and thats  :thumbup: for trips.  :mushroom2:

JLF catalog used to sell tryptamine back in the day... but after their legal run-ins a few years ago they cut a lot of the good stuff outa their catalog. :frown:

tryptamine's CAS number is 61-54-1 - google that number up (in quotes) and you'll probably find some suppliers.  sciencelab.com for example.

OfflineNeoQ
Stranger
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: creamcorn]
    #5562651 - 04/27/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I found a link that sells it. It seems kinda expensive, but I did not see any other sellers.

http://sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/SLT3859

10 g $41.00
50 g $133.83
25 kg $13278.38

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: NeoQ]
    #5562682 - 04/27/06 12:31 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

considering the tek suggests about 100mg per brf jar, that adds a whopping 41 cents per jar in cost and the ability to spike 100 jars, even for the higher priced 10g amount. seems worth it IMO if it works as well as they say.

do yourself a favor and get a miligram accurate scale though... you can't "eyeball" 100mg and you wont have much luck trying to weigh on a regular digi gram scale... i got a single-beam balance little plastic jewelry/gemstone dealy that's surprisingly accurate (once compared something weighed in it to results from a very very expensive lab scale and found it almost spot on) for about 15 bucks at a head shop a maybe 5-6 years back. would ebay such a thing these days.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5562690 - 04/27/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

in fact,  here she is - its even more accurate than stated if you're very careful with it.  i lost the little weights long ago so mine only does 1g max, maybe will have to pick up another one for only $8.50  :laugh:

Offlinemthorogo
Child Star
Male

Loc: Amish Country
    #5565446 - 04/28/06 12:25 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the tek doesn't explain how exactly you add the triptamine HCL to the BRF cakes. Do you just sprinkle 100mg on them or what?

Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: mthorogo]
    #5566556 - 04/28/06 10:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

just mix it in with you verm and BRF

--------------------
Anything I say is fictional. Duh.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: mthorogo]
    #5566622 - 04/28/06 11:06 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

mix 100mg per 1/4cup of water that would go in the recipe... dissolve it in the water first so its spread evenly... use the spiked water as normal then

Offlinefungus_among_us
PhriendlyMycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #5566875 - 04/28/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That is awesome, I am moving so I'll be taking a hiatus from this hobby. However, I going to purchase some so I have it for when I pick the hobby back up in the fall. Any idea as to the best method for storing Tryptamine HCL? Should it be refrigerated?

NeoQ: What you found was Tryptamine. I believe what you are looking for is Tryptamine Hydrochloride. It's slightly more expensive. But I believe you need the hydrochloride.

I found it for a little cheaper.

--------------------

Edited by fungus_among_us (04/28/06 12:47 PM)

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: fungus_among_us]
    #5566893 - 04/28/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

no direct experience or knowledge of trypamine, but experience in ordering legitimate chems from chemical suppliers tells me it will come in an appropriate container (eg, glass, plastic, metal depending on if its reactive, opaque if light sensitive) and it will almost definitely be labelled with storage instructions if its anything but room temperature - as well as come with an MSDS (material safety data sheet) for handling instructions and precautions. if not you can certainly request an MSDS from the supplier, as i believe they're supposed to have them available by law.

Offlinevintage_gonzo
Stranger

#5567026 - 04/28/06 01:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

woah woah woah woah! all you have to do is buy some of that stuff, sprinkle 100 mg in a pint jar and you get 3 times the potency? thats it?

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: vintage_gonzo]
    #5567060 - 04/28/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

almost.  100mg per half pint is the supposed mixture.

about the comment up above about the hydrochloride version... good point.  i had the wrong cas number.  the hcl version is a salt that's gonna be water/acid soluble and thus more easily uptaked by the mycelium network.  i don't know crap about the non-hcl version to say for sure if the myc will "absorb" it, but i do know that's the reason they hcl things in the first place.  with a minimal amount of chemistry equipment, skills, and some hydrochloric acid (very common and easily obtainable) you can probably react the tryptamine into tryptamine hcl to save money.  as to an exact "recipe" or method to use, somebody with more than my chem 101 skills here is gonna have to pitch in.

and by the way to follow up on that other question, when i searched for the now correct CAS number (343-94-2) i came upon the MSDS: http://web2.cas.usf.edu/garey/BIO%20Department%20MSDS/T/Tryptamine%20Hydrochloride.pdf

- light sensitive, keep out of light.  should ship in an opaque container.
- storage: store in a cool, dry place.  store in a tightly closed container.

shouldn't be too hard to handle.

a totally lower-tech and cheaper way to go about all this might be to load your substrates up with tryptophan instead.  its an amino acid (protien) that tryptamine comes from in the first place.  easy access to the tryptomine is probably ideal because its a step closer to psilo*, but a healthy supply of tryptophan is probably a real good thing for your substrate as far as potency goes too.  pure L-tryptophan can be found for a tiny fraction of the cost as a dietary suppliment.  experiment time anybody?  :smile:  (or has this been done?)

OfflineSerani
Stranger
    #5567093 - 04/28/06 02:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Can this Tryptamine HCL be added to another strand? Instead of P.Cubensis that has a general max of 1.2 % psilocybin, maybe to a a much loved wood-bearing strain that usually maxes around 2.4 % :-D

Because if so...I am going to get working on some mushrooms to which will knock my ass flat :-D

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#5567094 - 04/28/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

approximatley how many times would this add to potency? demographics?

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5567097 - 04/28/06 02:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

P.S. again (LOL maybe we should move to advanced under a new thread)... this has my brain churning...

an interesting thought (according to nutritiondata.com):
* tryptophan makes for %0.0127 of the protiens in BRF.  its a mere 0.00091% percent by weight.  there's a grand total of 36.25mg of tryptophan in a quarter cup of BRF, what goes into your half pinter.  im guessing it wouldn't take much to notice a difference if the tryptophan has much to do with alkaloid production... especially considering the nutritional suppliments for human consumption come in 500mg capsules, bottles of 100, for like 12 bucks, this is begging to be experimented with... :smile:

coincidentally, if we say an "average" cake produces 40 grams, and is of an "average" potency containing roughly .6mg alkaloids per gram gram, we come up with a number around 24mg... oddly similar in an expected way to that 36mg of tryptophan that went in in the first place...  a 3-fold gain from adding 100mg of tryptamine... coincidence again?  being that 36*3 comes out around 100? hmmmmm

we might not need tryptamine hcl after all? :smile:  tryptophan might be close enough?  and much easier obtained... and doesn't have to be a hcl salt...

it really seems so simple and too good to be true.  yet there's next to no mention of tryptophan on these forums (including advanced).  am i missing something obvious here?  is there a reason this hasn't even been discussed?

*edit* instead of messing up this thread with my theoretical babble anymore, here's a few more additional pieces of l-tryptophan info:

Solubility:  Soluble in water.  (means the myc can absorb it too!)
pH:  5.5-7.0 (1% aqueous solution)  (means it won't substationally shift the pH of our substrate since we'd be dealing with small amounts... myc can tolerate acidic substrate anyway)
Melting Point:  282C (540F) (Decomposes at 289C)  (means we can PC the crap out of it all day long and we're not even close to harming it)

Edited by creamcorn (04/28/06 02:27 PM)

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Make shrooms 3 times more potent with Tryptamine HCL [Re: Serani]
    #5567111 - 04/28/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i dont see why not... its not the mushroom that has anything to do with anything, its the chemical similarity between typtamine and psilo* alkaloids.

a different species may convert the tryptamine more or less, but my intuitive guess would be more since its already capable of producing a higher psilo to overall weight ratio as it is... (of course the opposite could be true, it might already be so "efficient" at it that its already at a maximum, and giving it more of the building-blocks it needs might not accomplish anything. like taking a 100% RDA vitamin versus a 10000% one, you just piss out most of it because you don't need it!)

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
    #5567151 - 04/28/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

somehow i see you folks living in the good ol US of A getting watched if you are buying alot of tryptamine HCL from lab supply warehouses. isnt it a precursor to alot of illegal drugs? maybe im way off.

what i do for potency boost is add keenwa to my jars. its a small grain that has the most trytophan of any grain in the world.

cheers

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate