Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! PICS UPDATE
    #5565347 - 04/27/06 11:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO USE BULK BUT DON'T WANT TO PASTEURIZE THIS IS FOR YOU.(for those who already use straw this might be good or bad for you but w/e each to his own)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5454978

i used this tek and it works perfectly, except for a one very minor thing...

instead of the bag he said to use use a t-shirt(worked perfectly for draining,also didn't just let it run through like a muck).

i also used verm instead of coir(i didn't want to go get coir). about
30%. did not hydrate verm, used accordingly till a little dryer than what i consider field capacity.

i did not try to be sterile, i did it on my unvalued carpet floor, with no Lysol sprayed around, did not wash my hands, did not try to not breath all over it (which i did).

NOTHING!!!
i did my lvl best to not be clean(to test the "heat treatment")

i spawned a very large casing(about 10"x16") with only 1 quart colonized WBS, mixed in very well and then made sure it was an even layer of spawned sub (about 3" deep) then covered with tin foil(lol wasn't even a big enough piece to cover the hole thing and actually protect it or hold in moisture rofl).

waited 2 days at 80f incubated and BAM!!!!! hole thing is covered in mycelium, spots everywhere as if had a perfect casing layer/perfectly cased. i threw it in the FC today along with my first casing ever (wbs).

i put a sample of the finished product(b4 spawning) in to a jar and put it in the incubator, it has not yet shown any signs of any contamination.

i also have a second straw thingie just like the first that i made at the same time and that is doing equally as well that i will be casing tomorrow.

I will be posting results,weight yata yata, at this point i can basically guaranty success. i do not have a digital camera but i will be borrowing one tomorrow hopefully.

THIS IS THE GREATEST STRAW TEK EVER! THE STRAW IS ALL NATURAL,PRE-W/E-ISED, IT IS EASY,AND AS THIS POST WILL OR WILL NOT SHOW IS A GREAT WAY TO GROW USING STRAW.

ty for your time, there WILL be updates unlike the original poster who has yet to be herd form again.

-cult

p.s.
i give all credit to original poster, do not think i am trying to call this mine.

--------------------
as they said in some movie(i don't remember which one);

a belief is a dangerous thing, people will kill over it; instead of believing you need to find your facts and then have an opinionated idea that you are willing to change in light of new evidence

Edited by DaCultivater (05/01/06 07:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: DaCultivater]
    #5565491 - 04/28/06 12:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for this post, I think I'll try to find some of this stuff to add to my horse poo. I hate messing with straw but I like to add a bit..those seem like theyd be a nice additive. The pellet texture too, I dunno, I like it..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinealsnow469
Stranger

#5565522 - 04/28/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Bastard! :wink:

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: alsnow469]
    #5565819 - 04/28/06 02:45 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

why am i a bastard? do you use htis tek?

no your supposed to make it expand by needind it till there is no more pellets, just a pile of wet fine straw fibers.

i wan't to see everyone you uses casings of wbs and rye an w/e to try it
because it is easy and it will make your grain go way further and your mushies will be thicker and heavyer and more potant as they are when you use regular straw(or at least i think thats how it works straw and or poo= more potent than wbs/rye?)

--------------------

a belief is a dangerous thing, people will kill over it; instead of believing you need to find your facts and then have an opinionated idea that you are willing to change in light of new evidence

OfflineMerchantP
Stranger
    #5565983 - 04/28/06 04:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I want to see someone actually fruit out of this and document how long it takes so please be descriptive =)

Offlinealsnow469
Stranger

#5566498 - 04/28/06 10:17 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Please note the smiley face after the "Bastard"

I'm jealous, I get mold on Brushed stainless steel.

Just joking sorry  :heart:

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: alsnow469]
    #5566534 - 04/28/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

would you recomend usign a 50/50+ caseing mix after it is 100% consumed, or how far into the incubation?

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

OfflineFestivus
Resident Lurker
Male

#5566599 - 04/28/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This tek sounds like a great solution to easy semi-bulk growing...

That said, does anyone know how the potency of the mushies will be? Is this a one-flush wonder as some other straw teks are?

OfflineMerchantP
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: Festivus]
    #5567028 - 04/28/06 01:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Only one way to find out, someone has to try it and that cant be me atm.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5567070 - 04/28/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This looks like another good way to grow bulk. :thumbup: I know myself and many others have noticed that properly aged h/poo works fine without any pastuerization at all. I've done it successfully many times now. I'm just throwing that out there for those who haven't tried h/poo because they can't or don't want to pastuerize it.

I would like to see some fruiting pics from this tek.  I still haven't seen any from the original poster of the tek. I'm sure it works as good as you guys are saying, but seeing is believing.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5567085 - 04/28/06 01:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Another way to go is to use coir as substrate. This has been done before by many, including me. For all you guys looking for "easy" ways to do bulk, this is another alternative.

WBS spawned to coir PR strain (no casing):

I'm still not sure why h/poo wouldn't be considered an easy bulk method though.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: FooMan]
    #5567154 - 04/28/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ok guys,

alsnow- i know you were kidding and i took no offence, no worries lol

so far it's been 108 hours since i spawned the 1 quart to the straw, after 60 hours it was 75% colonised on the top of the straw, thats when i put it into the fc.

i hav elet the other straw container(same size,made at same time) colonize for another 24 hours in incubater, today i will be casing with 50/50+, i will be comparing results to the uncased one.

as i said it's been 108 hours since i knocked it up, and i do belive that i see up to 50 knots... however i have never grown successfully b4, and am not sure if they actually are knots... but i think they are, i also have my first casing ever in there at the same time and it also looks to have a few knots.

i will do my best to get a digi camer and put up some pictures soon.

lol foo i know that fing original poster has dropped off the face of the earth, lol i will be posting results and updates mebey up to even 2-3 times a day lol, i am very excited.

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5567688 - 04/28/06 05:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I just cased the second straw thingie. it was about 10% more colonised than the first, it was contam free... of course otherwise i wouldn't have cased it(lol).

should be ready to fruit in a couple days(given that the run is even)

anyone watching this thread should check out the original, someone just posted in it showing results from when he/she tried it and they are good, all except it did get the green durring first flush, however it is questionable as to weather it was the casing layer or the substrate.
in my opinion it was problebly the casing layer,not to insult the poster, but i'd think if the straw could avoid contam for long enough to colonise then it should be perfectly able to prevent/fight off contam while friuting. plus the straw is ment for piss and shit and still is supposed to not mold,w/e,smell bad(which is a sign of bacterial growth)and yurine is supposed to be a very quickly colonising sub for bacteria.

but w/e we'll see

no news on weather i am going to borrow the camera.

-cult

--------------------

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#5568668 - 04/28/06 09:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As soon as i can get to pet-co (40 min away) i am going to get some of thoes pellets. I have a petsmart but i checked today and they don't have it.

Picked up 2 tubs today for a DT and can't wait to try. PCing my WBS for tomorrow, I will make a grow log check in and see :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: FooMan]
    #5570860 - 04/29/06 04:19 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well the hole reson i don't want to do poop is because i have no un-sketch way to get aged h-poo and i would not want to age poop in my apartment nor do i want to have to pasturize it. onec i tried pasturizing and to no avail, bad contam, made my room smell terrible for about 2 weeks, destriod an incubater (the smell never went away),
and the smell caused me to get sick(infection in my throat).

and thats my poo is not an option for me right now(mebey somday when i have a house, or if i order some presterilised ten.stud).

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
Another way to go is to use coir as substrate. This has been done before by many, including me. For all you guys looking for "easy" ways to do bulk, this is another alternative.

I'm still not sure why h/poo wouldn't be considered an easy bulk method though.

*****UPDATE******

no to much but just thought i'd add, in the last 24 hours the first uncased straw thingy in the fc has completed colonising the whole top layer of straw. yesterday i relised that what i was suspecting to be knotting was in fact just some millet(derrrrrr i suck lol). but all seems to be going great. btw my first casing ever is also going very well, some rizo-airial mycelium but not any sign of overlay and pins are expected soon.

-cult

--------------------

OfflineHongKongPhooey
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5571070 - 04/29/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i just don't use hpoo cause its not free for me.  straw is. monotub it up and let it go... if it makes one flush so be it, i'll bury it and wait :smile:

OfflineHongKongPhooey
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: HongKongPhooey]
    #5571092 - 04/29/06 05:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

that and i like cutting up the straw... i have one of those big paper shears and this is the only thing i ever have had reason to use w/ it.

hpoo needs ageing and stuff to be used properly, i've picked up and used straw from an 2 month old haybale from the middle of winter... it was colonized w/ some other mycelium, but i pasteurized it and it was fine :smile:

Edited by HongKongPhooey (04/29/06 05:18 PM)

Offlinesatori85
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5571610 - 04/29/06 07:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

IF you are doing any outside grow, could you use this without breakin them apart. like 50% hpoo, 30% straw pelletes, and 20% normal straw. I have quiet a bit of horse manure but i need to fill a little more space.

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: satori85]
    #5574508 - 04/30/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

WELL don't want this to die, but no real new yet, no overlay, no pins yet, yatta yatta wakka wakka.

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5575592 - 04/30/06 10:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ther are going to be picks today around 7-8pm

--------------------

Edited by DaCultivater (05/01/06 03:09 PM)

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5578608 - 05/01/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ok so i just got the cammera. its not great but i think it'll do.

this is my first casing;

this is the straw;

they don't seem to be doing anything, they have been in the FC for about 4 days was just wondering if they look ok and when i should be expecting pins?

--------------------

Edited by DaCultivater (05/01/06 08:41 PM)

OfflineOneSense
He who has read

#5578802 - 05/01/06 08:40 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Whoa, hold up.

Hmm, you just mentioned that they've been in the incubator for 4 days? If you didn't mean fruiting chamber, then they should definitely be in the fruiting chamber right about now. If these are monotubs (?) then you will want to give them light to develope pins.

However, if that was just a typo(and they are in a FC)... then just give them light and keep waiting for pins, they look good so far :thumbup:

:smile: peace

--------------------
Stash of Myco-Photos

"If I give advise or mention anything on the topic of mushroom cultivation, it was read within the archives of www.shroomery.org. would like to say that I grow active mushrooms however it is illegal to grow such natural fungi.. therefore my participiation in this hobby doesn't go past the reading of articles and viewing of photos within this website." - OneSense

Edited by OneSense (05/01/06 09:53 PM)

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: OneSense]
    #5578810 - 05/01/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

lol ya sorry changed it i did mean FC

their not monotub, there in a martha

--------------------

Edited by DaCultivater (05/01/06 08:45 PM)

Offlinebongtoke
Mushies
 User Gallery

#5578883 - 05/01/06 08:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I can see where he mistaken it for a martha,the sides of the pan look like a tub for some reason..but yea let those suckers pin...

--------------------
GOTTA LOVE POO CAKES!!!

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: bongtoke]
    #5579002 - 05/01/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

they have been in the fc for 4 days with a 12/12 hours light (sort of,i just turn the closet light on and off avery 12/13 hours, shouldn't i at leats see knotting?>

--------------------

OfflineOneSense
He who has read

#5579298 - 05/01/06 09:51 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Patience is a vritue. Don't worry my friend, the pins will come.  :smile:

(and, thumbs up for martha's, my mistake)  :wink:

--------------------
Stash of Myco-Photos

"If I give advise or mention anything on the topic of mushroom cultivation, it was read within the archives of www.shroomery.org. would like to say that I grow active mushrooms however it is illegal to grow such natural fungi.. therefore my participiation in this hobby doesn't go past the reading of articles and viewing of photos within this website." - OneSense

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5581930 - 05/02/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well in light of new evedence,

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum2&Number=5578830&page=0&fpart=1

my fc does not seem to have proficiant rh, so i belive a slight delay in the pinning proces will happen. but i will be fixing this problem within the day.

they look do differint, when they do i will update with picks

--------------------

OfflineBirthbytongue
Apprentice
Male
    #5581997 - 05/02/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

look foward to the pics. saw this thread last week and it caught my attention. hope you get back twice fold the energy you've put into it. peace and good luck.

--------------------
--------------------------------------
Proliferation of knowledge is our ONLY weapon!!!!!! WAKE UP the SLEEPING!

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: Birthbytongue]
    #5582153 - 05/02/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I was going to follow the tek DaCultivater provided but it seems that is is missing more then 1/2...... :frown:

I have followed the tek so far and remember most of it. Is it 50 / 50 straw / coir right? w/ crushed oyster....

Then add 1 pint WBS and cover in dark w/ tinfoil for like 4-5 days. Then add 50/50 peat / verm and fruit?

DaCultivater I like to thank you again for inspireing me to try this wonderful tek.

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
Re: LOL F&$% YA. This is the straw revolution!!! [Re: Babo911]
    #5582439 - 05/02/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

lol hell ya baba i'm glad to see that others are trying this as well, i think it will turn out great, however i do believe that green could be a problem with this tek to to the fact that even though the mold spores are not able to grow on the straw, they will get ahold of the casing layer if it is not fully colonized b4 entering the fc, so make sur that the run is strong b4 you fruit.

UPDATE******

i just attached another coolmist to the fc do to low rh. still working out which setting to put it on to keep at 85%.

i love the plastic that the martha has, you can just cut a little slit and carfully push this king of tubing through and it tightens around it to make almost a perfect seal

on the straw i cased i saw a very little spot of add green mean machine, so i took a very clean knife and cut it out, i think i will be fine, i'll patch tonight prolly, and the put in the fc.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH the wait for pinns is killing me lol.

--------------------

Edited by DaCultivater (05/02/06 07:41 PM)

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#5582503 - 05/02/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

wow thoes pics didn't stay too long?

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5582790 - 05/02/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

y are they gone? i didn't del. them...

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5582799 - 05/02/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

y are all of my pics gone? lol w/e have them saved on the comp

--------------------

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#5582843 - 05/02/06 07:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

every think i want / need here is being gone. The tek we are following, the DT tek an now this :frown:

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5586527 - 05/03/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well i am still making the other humidifyer work right, it s a wick cool mist so it's a little finicky. still no pins...

am hoping that it will be fine but the suspence is killin me

--------------------

OfflineHongKongPhooey
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5586584 - 05/03/06 04:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i have a straw casing starting to pin in a monotub right now, its so much nicer than having to humidify... its like the ronco cooker "set it and forget it" :smile:

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#5600827 - 05/07/06 11:52 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I just spawned to my bottom tub of the double tub, link in my sig, let me know how yours is comming :smile:

--------------------

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#5608323 - 05/09/06 11:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This is my mixyre with WBS spawned to it after about 24 hours :smile:

Looks goo so far, how's your comming?

I am keeping a strick grow log of mine, link in sig

--------------------

OfflineDaCultivater
Stranger
    #5608863 - 05/09/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

UPDATE********

LOL THEY BOTH got the green!!!

NP W/E THEY WERE TEST CASINGS ANYWAY, I THINK IF I HAD LET THEM FINISH COLONISING ALL THE WAY B4 FRUITING IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LESS LIKLEY FOR THEM TO GET THE GREEN.

on a better note. my first casing ever(my first real grow ever) is pinning all over, pics of all 3 of these will be posted today.

BABO911 i sugest you wait till pinning till the hole casing is colonised, almost to overlay so that no green can get ahold.but it looks to me that you have already started pinning so just watch for very small patches of the green and cut them out asap. i would not expect it to make it past a first flush. but it should be ok for 1 flush.

I AM NOT DONE WTH THIS SUBSTRATE. i still firmly think that this straw pellet substrate will work great if sterilised, i will be making some bags of it in the pc and trying again next time.

--------------------

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

#5610371 - 05/09/06 08:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Oh i am going to wait 3-4 more days, figgure that it ack's liek h-poo and since i am going ot do DT tek nothing realy can get in to contam so i think if i made it this far I am in the clear :smile:

I will keep you updated, it is in my TiT right now I take it out once a day for pics

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag