Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hot water pasturization
    #5554882 - 04/25/06 01:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

K so my FOAF wants to pasturize a mixture of straw/manure/verm via hot water bath as laid out in stamets TMC, he wants to use the verm as it will make his manure/straw go that much further he figures and he wanted to pastuize them all together in small feed bags (the 55lbs bags that rye comes in, sort of a weaved plastic but the smaller i think 20lbs size) but he was warned against it as it wouldnt drain properly with that mix? SO i guess a couple of questions
1. Should he just forget the verm in the mix?
2. Should he keep the verm and pasturise each bag seperatly?
3. Once the pasturization is over can he leave to hang dry outside in his backyard without covering it or worrying of contams?

After its drained and pasturised he is going to try and go with the Pasturized sub in grow bags spawned with colonised rye grain, any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

GregHimself

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevintage_gonzo
Stranger

Re: Hot water pasturization [Re: GregHimself]
    #5554982 - 04/25/06 01:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i think it would be easier if you have draining concerns to just buy a pillow case. that way after you take it out of the water you can just drain it by squeezing it. I myself am a little confused as to whether his will affect the sterility of the poo? im sure other people in this forum know the answer.

OfflineGregHimself
Male User Gallery

Re: Hot water pasturization [Re: vintage_gonzo]
    #5558890 - 04/26/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

*bumping*

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
    #5558957 - 04/26/06 02:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Why not just reverse the process?? :bongload: Using a sheet(like you would a bag or pillow case) mix the ingredients, then add water to the mix,:bongload: squeeze  to complicity, them put the mix into the grow bags, seal, pasteurize, cool,:bongload: and Spawn. then :bongload:

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

OfflineGregHimself
Male User Gallery

Re: Hot water pasturization [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #5558993 - 04/26/06 02:59 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

how would i pastuise the bags after they are sealed? i cant submerge them into water cause if the filters.

--------------------
Paul Stamets

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #5559061 - 04/26/06 03:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

do as i told you in irc, skip the verm, spateurize the straw/shitmix in a pillowcase submerged in hot water,
hang up to drain, then squeeze and spawn when cool.

:P

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate