Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Suggestions... for a hand vacuum pump.... [Re: Tamadragon]
    #5562660 - 04/27/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tamadragon said:
how about from Mac Nan biologicals? they sell a set up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Filtration-Set-Up-25...5QQcmdZViewItem

that's the one

--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Suggestions... for a hand vacuum pump.... [Re: shirley knott]
    #5562707 - 04/27/06 12:40 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

nice!!!

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Suggestions... for a hand vacuum pump.... [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5574743 - 04/30/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

All the following information has been Edited, The copyed and pasted
Geko DID NOT make this cotraption :tongue:
But its still around on the web.
Geko aslo has another desgine like this one ,But there is a few pic's with it and it wont load, So its going to have to be the post with links to the pic's.
But have a read of this for now.

Sorry about not puting in a pic, But hear ya all go to get the general idea before and after reading this post.
Check this link out GOAT and then you will see :wink:
THE CHEAP LITTLE SUCKER

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g218/Geko127/VacP6090007.jpg

Disclaimer: The original instructions are given here , but since the web pages have tendency to disappear sooner or later I have made an edited copy (without the permission of the original authors - I apologize James and Tim...) of it. I haven't any practical experiences with the precipice - so you are on your own !

This is the vacuum pump that swip designed and build for less than $20, we call it the "Cheap Little Sucker". It was so effective that EAI now supplys the plans with the Berkut kit. As you can see it is a very simple design. The big round black thing is a freon compressor off of a beer keg cooler. It was just junked, but a closer inspection revielded that the thermostat was the only thing that was wrong with the cooler. You can also use a automobile A/C compressor and an electric motor.

Remember: on the opposite side of a compressor IS a vacuum. Therefore, we put a compression fitting, a couple of 'T' fittings, a bleeder valve, and a automotive vacuum guage on the vacuum side of the compressor. Wired in a switch and away we went! It worked great! Very little noise, heat and capable of pulling 25  inches of vacuum - what more could you ask for?

A vacuum pump for less than $25 - why not?

After looking around for different vacuum bagging kits selling for as much as $300, this 24 year-old Berkut builder decided to use a little Texan Jerry-rigging. The resulting contraption is something swip calls "The Cheap Little Sucker."

Start by locating one of the following:

Refrigerator Freon Compressor (Sealed Unit)
Automobile Air-Conditioning Compressor and Electric Motor
In my opinion, the Refrigerator Freon Compressor (RFC) is the best overall choice. The refrigerator unit is quiet, compact and produces little heat. The auto compressor is piston based, produces large amounts of heat and requires an external electric motor. Again, whatever is easiest for you to acquire. My compressor came from a keg cooler that had been scraped because the thermostat was fbsed and it froze the beer. Look for junk yards, garage sales, and yes - the side of the road. "One man's junk is another man's treasure." You might be amazed where you can find a dead 'fridge. (Remember - the compressor must be operational, but the case, coils, and other parts will be discarded).

Remove the compressor from the fridge and careflilly cut the coils free. The Freon in the compressor will take some time to escape. Examine the wiring and make sure that it is safe. My unit had a termistor (thermal flise) still attached and operational. Moment of truth - plug it in and determine which is the exhaust and suction sides. While it is running, I suggest squirting some WD-40 into the pump to help replace the lost oil.

The diagram shows the configuration I am using and contains several optional extras. As a minimum, use a compression fitting to clamp the 3/8 inch diameter brass pipe to the suction side of the compressor. Attach two T-fittings to the pipe and the compressor hose on the end. On the first T- fitting I used a simple brass valve for the pressure relief The vacuum gauge I used is an automobile Vacuum/Fuel pressure gauge ($15 part at the local auto parts store) attached to a nipple on the outboard T-fitting. I had some air-compressor hoses so I incorporated a quick connect fitting to the end of the 2nd T-fitting. This made it possible to use, disconnect, and interchange the existing hoses with the air-compressor.

"The Cheap Little Sucker" got its first workout on the two winglets and performed flawlessly. It is very quiet and produces only a small amount of heat. It moves a good volume of air and seems to take a pufly winglet bag down to 13" in 3-4 minutes. Be careflil though, these compressors have no problem pulling 30  inches (enough to damage the foam).

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Edited by geko127 (05/02/06 05:03 AM)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Suggestions... for a hand vacuum pump.... [Re: geko127]
    #5576385 - 05/01/06 05:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

er... thanks geko

:rolleyes:

--------------------
buh

OfflineHippyInASuit
Weed Farmer

Re: Suggestions... for a hand vacuum pump.... [Re: shirley knott]
    #5578595 - 05/01/06 07:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I ordered this aspirator pump and this bottletop filter unit.

I'll let you all know how the aspirator pump works out in a week or two. I'm hoping it will have enough suction and just may take a little longer. We'll see...

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Suggestions... for a hand vacuum pump.... [Re: HippyInASuit]
    #5582530 - 05/02/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

There is now a link to the picture in the post above

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies