Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Would this be possible?
    #5545937 - 04/22/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I was reading a post by RR (This One) and had a strange thought. Would it be possible to inject half Ps. Cube. spores and half Ps. Azure. spores in a grain jar and possibly create a dung loving Azure. or a wood loving Cube.? Possibly creating a higher temp fruiting Azure.? If not oh well it was just a pipe dream. Thanks, SKB

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemogur
regnartS

Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Would this be possible? [Re: ShroomKillabrew]
    #5546079 - 04/23/06 12:34 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

As usual, RR really nailed strain relationships in that thread you linked. I love the photos he shared that illustrated the resistance of two incompatible isolates, and then the emerging hybrid from two others.

But, unfortunately, by definition, your idea of hybridizing cubes and azures will not produce viable offspring. They are different species, not just different strains of the same species. Different species, for example horses and donkeys, may occasionally produce offspring (mules), but these hybrids cannot reproduce. This is how a species is defined.

The taxonomy of mushrooms is, in fact, still in a state of flux, with species and strain identification and naming conventions still shifting. Lab work that identifies the incompatibility of two strains, aids in identifying them as separate species.

Offlinetime2
Stranger
Re: Would this be possible? [Re: mogur]
    #5546110 - 04/23/06 12:44 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

:foshizzle:

OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Would this be possible? [Re: time2]
    #5546134 - 04/23/06 12:52 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Oh well, it was just a thought I had. Thanks for the info. Laterz, SKB

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
Re: Would this be possible? [Re: ShroomKillabrew]
    #5547281 - 04/23/06 12:28 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

also those two specicies have different temps. cubies tripical azures arn't.

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract