Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Coprinus...species?
    #5546903 - 04/23/06 09:21 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I found this small patch about an hour ago. I think they might be Coprinus radians, but I'm not positive. Spore print will be soon to come. From the looks though, the gill and spore color looked like similar to cubes. If I remember right, I'm in zone 6b.

And this is the tree they were growing in/next to

I think riding, hunting, working, and reading are the only things that will keep me sane during the summer. Hopefully I will keep finding new species to my area.

Well, they live up to their nickname. My spore print was nothing but a black circular glob with a fairly strong odor of rotting mushrooms.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (04/24/06 11:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Coprinus...species? [Re: demiu5]
    #5547024 - 04/23/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It'd be impossible to confirm or deny anything by the pics, but, you're on the right track; the color is consistent with coprinus radians :shrug:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Coprinus...species? [Re: demiu5]
    #5547073 - 04/23/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If you want to seriously try to identify your Coprinus, try this key. Note that you will need a microscope.

Coprinus overall are tougher to identify to species than most people seem to think. There are a few species (C. micaceus, C. comatus, C. atramentarius) that are relatively easy, but most of them are in a few groups with lots of species that are very similar to each other.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Coprinus...species? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #5547138 - 04/23/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hm, well, I don't have a microscope, and lab is now over with so I don't really have access to any. I remember looking at one coprinus (unlabeled species) mounted on a slide in which the spores looked like purple/green flowers, so I wish I could look at the spores.

I guess, unless once I get the print pic up someone can maybe take a shot at it, I'll leave it as unknown species of Coprinus. That makes for two species of coprinus I've found though. One was a type of shaggy mane, now this.

But thanks for the input from both of you.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck