Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHitman203
Stranger
Mexico Border why not put up a fence?
    #5547059 - 04/23/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Seriously why not? put a pretty high fence or wall there. And then hire like 200 people to drive along it and make sure theres no ladders or holes or nothing. its better then nothing imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: Hitman203]
    #5547152 - 04/23/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Some Mexicans seem to think it's a good idea too
http://www.artcamp.com.mx/venga/

As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the reasons to stop this is that Mexico will never fix itself if it can keep outsourcing its problems.

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/006819.php#comments

"While conservatives argue for closing the southern border and enforcing the law to deport illegal immigrants, our opposition argues for a supposedly more humane approach of either completely open borders or the granting of amnesty to the twelve million who have already come to the US. That argument wins on the basis of understandable sympathy for poor people who want to escape crushing poverty in their native land, primarily Mexico; it makes the conservative argument sound heartless and cruel.

But is it really? An e-mail I received this evening from Eusebia Flores at Artcamp Artesanas Campesinas in Guerrero, Mexico argues the exact opposite -- that the lure of American dollars literally subsidizes the abandonment of Mexico and families by the men who could otherwise have helped transform the destitute Mexican economy"

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #5547495 - 04/23/06 01:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

anything thats advertized as "keeping them out" is always meant to keep us in...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #5547511 - 04/23/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
anything thats advertized as "keeping them out" is always meant to keep us in...

More of the usual. We love you Anna. Thanks for your brilliant analysis.

Are you fearful that Mexico and Canada will suddenly start enforcing their immigration laws in retaliation and thus entomb you in your American hell?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5547696 - 04/23/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with you 100% here, zappa

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #5547766 - 04/23/06 03:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Even Hillary thinks that a fence is a good idea.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/411104p-347791c.html

Quote:

Apart from a well-chosen warning about criminalizing Jesus, Sen. Hillary Clinton hasn't waded too deeply into the details of the immigration mess. Until now.

In an interview Friday, she cited specific goals that could, and hopefully will, become the heart of bipartisan legislation that might actually fix this national crisis.

A fence or a wall? She's for it.

A two-step process, where our borders are secured before the 11 million illegal immigrants already here begin to get legalized? She's for that, too.

The sudden crackdown by Washington on employers who hire illegal immigrants? She welcomes it.

The work and school boycott advocacy groups are planning for May 1? She's against it.

And she said she favors a "carrot-and-stick" approach with Mexico to provide that government and its "oligarchs" the incentives to give Mexicans more and better jobs in their own country.

"A country that cannot control its borders is failing at one of its fundamental obligations," she said of America's "broken system." She also said that "we do need an earned path to citizenship" for illegal immigrants here.

Because she is effectively embracing both conservative and liberal goals, and because she attaches a caveat to each, she will be accused of Clintonesque parsing and wanting it both ways. She may well be guilty, but, on the basis of two conversations with her, I'm persuaded she believes in both border security and firm, practical measures to deal with those already here.

Most important, her support for a time lag between the two steps, with border security coming first by as much as two years, could be the right mix that breaks the congressional deadlock and solves much of the immigration problem.

"I would not support it if the legislation was just for border security and we had to come back to Congress for everything else," she said. "We need to structure it as one piece of comprehensive legislation, with a staged implementation." For example, she said, the legalization process could begin "12 to 24 months" after border control measures take effect.

As for how to stem the tide of illegal immigrants, "A physical structure is obviously important," she said. "A wall in certain areas would be appropriate," as long as it was not a "dumb wall" that could be scaled or tunneled. Advocating "smart fencing," she added, "There is technology that would be in the fence that could spot people coming from 250 or 300 yards away and signal patrol agents who could respond."

She also talked of using drones and infrared cameras and, when asked, agreed that Israel's anti-terror wall, which she has seen, might help guide the U.S.

When Congress returns tomorrow from its two-week spring break, immigration will be front and center. Clinton, correctly, is suspicious of the timing of the crackdown announced by Homeland Security on Thursday. Seven managers of a Houston-based pallet supply company were arrested and more than 1,100 illegal immigrants were detained in what officials said was a start to aggressive enforcement of employer sanctions.

"It's obviously a political decision, but I welcome it," Clinton said. "We need to send a clear message to employers and anyone else who would exploit immigrants, including smugglers." Lest anyone think she's soft on President Bush, she faulted his administration for being "incompetent and all over the place" on enforcement.

Yet neither is she behind advocates who want an immigrant boycott of school, work and shopping for May 1. "To me, it's not necessary," she said.

Although she attended a New York rally where she had only praise for marchers, who included illegal immigrants, she seemed exasperated at being categorized. "I'm frustrated and I'm in an uncomfortable position," she said. "People often want to put you in an either-or category in American politics. It can be difficult to stay where you are."

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5547906 - 04/23/06 03:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Annapurna1 said:

More of the usual. We love you Anna. Thanks for your brilliant analysis.

Are you fearful that Mexico and Canada will suddenly start enforcing their immigration laws in retaliation and thus entomb you in your American hell?

canada and mexico already enforce such immigration laws...but if you really have found a one-way fence..then im a bit curious...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #5547985 - 04/23/06 04:05 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't realize that so many Americans are clamering to cross the border over to Mexico illegaly.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5547997 - 04/23/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Is a "one-way fence" even possible?

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5548041 - 04/23/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ZIG seems to think so...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5548054 - 04/23/06 04:28 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

See Berlin Wall.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: gregorio]
    #5548062 - 04/23/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gregorio said:
I didn't realize that so many Americans are clamering to cross the border over to Mexico illegaly.

maybe not at the moment..but its no great stretch of imagination to forsee a near future when many ppl will want to leave the country but cant...thats a different thread...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5548066 - 04/23/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:

Anna is once again channeling. She is the new Shirley Mclaine. Yep, the fence will be built to prevent Anna from escaping her own personal American hell. Bwahahahaha. All that you are is ours. Pwned, teh Suxor.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5548077 - 04/23/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
Quote:

gregorio said:

maybe not at the moment..but its no great stretch of imagination to forsee a near future when many ppl will want to leave the country but cant...thats a different thread...

You are the best. Never change. If we didn't have you, we'd have to invent you.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5548089 - 04/23/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Annapurna1 said:

Anna is once again channeling. She is the new Shirley Mclaine. Yep, the fence will be built to prevent Anna from escaping her own personal American hell. Bwahahahaha. All that you are is ours. Pwned, teh Suxor.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

See Berlin Wall.

and puh-leeze dont say that the berlin wall wasnt meant to keep those ppl in...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5548521 - 04/23/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

No, I'm saying it was purely meant to keep people in. Thus it qualifies as a one-way fence, to answer Redstorm's question.

Your assertion that a fence to keep illegal immigrants out somehow is intended to keep you in is absurd. You are free to leave at any time. I personally will miss you, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Bye. It's been swell.

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5549228 - 04/23/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Good fences make good neighbors...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5550185 - 04/24/06 04:27 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously why not? put a pretty high fence or wall there. And then hire like 200 people to drive along it and make sure theres no ladders or holes or nothing. its better then nothing imo.

Because the border is a little itty-bit longer than your back yard. If we put, like 200 whole people along the fence, then we would have one person watching ten miles of fence. Most of this would be in the middle of the desert with no roads, buildings, cell towers, or phones. A fence would also do very little to stop people from climbing it, cutting through it, it or digging under it, and would be very expensive. Finally, a fence on the border is "anti-American" in principle.

Much more effective is tossing the people that hire illegals into jail for a few months. Cheap labor is not worth jail time.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#5550470 - 04/24/06 08:54 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Your assertion that a fence to keep illegal immigrants out somehow is intended to keep you in is absurd.  You are free to leave at any time.  I personally will miss you, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Bye.  It's been swell.

Au contraire, I think she should leave the US and see the world
:lol:

So you been to school
For a year or two
And you know you?ve seen it all
In daddy?s car
Thinkin? you?ll go far
Back east your type don?t crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin? that you know
How the niggers feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

It?s time to taste what you most fear
Right guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear...?

It?s a holiday in cambodia
It?s tough, kid, but it?s life
It?s a holiday in cambodia
Don?t forget to pack a wife

You?re a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well you?ll work harder
With a gun in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
Till you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son?...

Is a holiday in cambodia
Where people dress in black
A holiday in cambodia
Where you?ll kiss ass or crack

- Dead Kennedys

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5550684 - 04/24/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
No, I'm saying it [the berlin wall] was purely meant to keep people in. Thus it qualifies as a one-way fence, to answer Redstorm's question.

Your assertion that a fence to keep illegal immigrants out somehow is intended to keep you in is absurd.

if the latter is true..then the berlin wall really was meant to keep ppl out too...in this case..you simply cant have it both ways...and if you were in east berlin when the wall went up..you would no doubt be promoting the soviets' claim that its to keep out spies...

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #5551168 - 04/24/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I dont think it would work... Ive trespassed over walls and fences to schools and such. One time the fence was to big so I used some tools to cut the fence open; and I was doing it for fun, not to help feed my family.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflineHitman203
Stranger
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #5554607 - 04/25/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
I dont think it would work... Ive trespassed over walls and fences to schools and such. One time the fence was to big so I used some tools to cut the fence open; and I was doing it for fun, not to help feed my family.

well a heavy duty fence I mean. make that pretty damn tall and strong metal.

And allrite then hire like 1000 people and give them radios to call each other. Radios would work for a large amount in the desert. And make like an outpost building every 50 miles or something with water and stuff. And these guys could ride in off road vehicles

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5554755 - 04/25/06 12:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

One of the problems is.... The people building the fence will be illegals  :grin:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5554915 - 04/25/06 01:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
One of the problems is.... The people building the fence will be illegals  :grin:

I think Bill Maher made the same observation. Its true.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #5555441 - 04/25/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Halliburton!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!

--------------------

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

#5555633 - 04/25/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Is everyone forgetting all the drugs that come into this country via mexico, you think any of our politicians want to forget about that 100 billion dollar a year enterprise. Or do you people don't think that drug money every dirties the pockets of politicians. Miami didn't get that way from oranges.

OfflineBatCountry
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #5557951 - 04/26/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

first of wall we shouldnt build a wall or fence because then we might as well name ourselves communist and hate on the mexicans and yes lose many of our cheap drugs that we all love so much(excluding the shwag which is an unfortunate yet necessary part of the drug community) and then once we bring down the wall/fence shakira can do a benefit concert and we can add the mexicans to the list of races that we as americans have oppressed or allowed to be oppressed. the list includes Blacks, native americans, japanese (during ww2), the arabs ( though a small percentage deserve it), actually now that i think about the mexicans have already been oppressed. Jesus the cindition of our government is disgusting.

--------------------
Why Should I take Your Bad Trip? -Ken Kesey

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: BatCountry]
    #5558014 - 04/26/06 10:06 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If we are 'oppressing' Mexicans by not letting them into our country, then does that mean Europeans are 'oppressing' Americans with their strict immigration laws?  For example, do you know how hard it is for an American citizen to obtain Swiss citizenship?  Do you think that the Swiss will provide government services in the English language? 

those damn Swiss.  They're oppressing us Americans.  :rolleyes:

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5558028 - 04/26/06 10:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BatCountry said:
first of wall we shouldnt build a wall or fence because then we might as well name ourselves communist and hate on the mexicans and yes lose many of our cheap drugs that we all love so much(excluding the shwag which is an unfortunate yet necessary part of the drug community) and then once we bring down the wall/fence shakira can do a benefit concert and we can add the mexicans to the list of races that we as americans have oppressed or allowed to be oppressed. the list includes Blacks, native americans, japanese (during ww2), the arabs ( though a small percentage deserve it), actually now that i think about the mexicans have already been oppressed. Jesus the cindition of our government is disgusting.

I don't see what any of that has to do with communism.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineBatCountry
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5558128 - 04/26/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

my apologies for being vague I was making a reference to the berlin wall being akin to the wall around mexico which is drastically different but you understand the comparison. It was more of a joke,though i dont supprt the idea of a wall, though stricter border patrol may be in order. I actually lived in switzerland as a student for 6 months and was easily granted a temporary citizenship. Actually as far as I could tell the swiss were doing a pretty good job with their country. My main point wasnt that we oppress mexicans by asking them not to come in our country but essentially the social discrimination that they often face.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#5558153 - 04/26/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

just out of curiosity...

did your temporary Swiss citizenship allow you to obtain a Swiss bank account? 

because if so, I might be applying for a temporary citizenship myself... :evil:

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #5558163 - 04/26/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Batcountry Stated: my apologies for being vague I was making a reference to the berlin wall being akin to the wall around mexico

^^^^^^^^^^^
The Berlin wall was to keep people IN, not OUT

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineBatCountry
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5558233 - 04/26/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I wish i could get a swiss bank account thats one thing that they are very strict about which is probably what has kept them a stable country for this long. no one wants to fuck with them cuz they got everyones cash

I did state that the berlin wall thing wasnt supposed to be taken seriously, hence the joke about the shakira benefit concert which i would like to avoid.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#5558283 - 04/26/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

no shit, man

They got Hitler's dough, Osama's dough, Escobar's dough, and Sadam's dough. 

fucking Swiss gnomes pwnt the planet Earth...

"All your cash are belong to us" :lol:

If I had a small army, I'd very quietly take over Switzerland and assume control of the world... :evil:

Edited by DoctorJ (04/26/06 11:35 AM)

OfflineBatCountry
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5558341 - 04/26/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Speaking of Hitler, when i was there me and my friends tripped on some nice mushrooms we bought in a store in Zurich and found an old abandoned building to trip in which turned out to have been a hospital for TB and an outpost for the nazis during their european tour. great trip though slightly freaky when my friend mentioned the possibility of Nazi ghosts, got over it fairly quickly tho, me and my friends would go back often to smoke drink trip whatever the case. good time. If you ever march on the swiss with an army in tow tell me i'd love to help. Ha

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#5558349 - 04/26/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

who knows how many bloodless coup de tats have quietly happened in Switzerland since WWII... I seriously wonder who owns that place, who's at the top of the pyramid...

OfflineBatCountry
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

#5558462 - 04/26/06 12:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i had two friends of mine that attended the lsd symposiumin basel and actually were able to meet albert hoffman every acid heads dream. but as far as I cant tell switzerland just sits around quietly profiting and being vey discreet about their massive amount of international loot.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #5560427 - 04/26/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If we built a fence on the mexican border, yes it would slow importation of drugs through the border. What it would also do is make people grow more pot in america.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Mexico Border why not put up a fence? [Re: 1stimer]
    #5560470 - 04/26/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

meh. 

only teenagers smoke schwag anyway. 

and as far as cocaine is concerned, I say good riddance to bad rubbish :thumbup:

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

#5561254 - 04/27/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck the coke, the onle fuel I need is Diesel, and it ain't comming from the middle east.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies