Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleslushie9090
NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! *DELETED*
    #551216 - 02/14/02 12:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Rin

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: slushie9090]
    #551254 - 02/14/02 12:39 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

don't move too much, just lay down for a while

Invisibleslushie9090
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: PsyFlux]
    #551316 - 02/14/02 01:30 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Rin

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineDopefiend
    #551631 - 02/14/02 05:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ummmmm....no.

I've had many an otherwise beautiful trip ruined by gut-wrenching nausea....the best way I've found to combat this annoying little problem is to take 1 Dramamine pill about an hour or so before you plan on ingesting the shrooms. Works wonders.

Hope this helps....

And yeah in addition its best to avoid any sort of physical activity (ie MOVING AT ALL haha), because your stomach tends to become rather sensitive

Offlinetoo_many_weirdos
it's a jungle inhere
Loc: Ithaca, NY
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: Dopefiend]
    #551760 - 02/14/02 07:36 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Better yet:

take 3/4 of a DRAMAMINE II pill (meclizine hcl. does not make you tired) half an hour to an hour before ingestion. If nausea still occurs, swollow two gelcaps packed with dried ginger.
magic bullet

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #551954 - 02/14/02 10:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

SMOKE a joint!!!

or you could make mushroom tea, Do you eat anything before or during mushroom ingestion?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#552243 - 02/15/02 06:35 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I agree on the Dramamine & Ginger infos. (ginger: 1 stuffed capsule or 0.5gr will likely do the trick, taken about an hour before imbiding)
I never had nausea on shrooms (at least: ONLY shrooms) but know several people who do. I'd like to add the following:

If the Dramamine & Ginger strategies don't work, your nausea is very likely Psychosomatic in origin. (ie: the stress of changing realities may trigger all sorts of physical feelings, nausea being the most common) This means it likely can vanish after any future Session. A way to test this is to take a small dose of Benzodiazepine shortly before imbiding. (see my "Psychedelics & Benzo's" info that's in "Trip Tips" too.) If it's completely gone then, it's 100% sure to be a Psychosomatic one, since these things do nothing to prevent "chemical" nausea.
Hope to have helped!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: cxz]
    #552965 - 02/15/02 07:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Don't eat for about 6 hours before you dose, that haelps out my friends nausea a little bit. I would not recommend smoking a joint either, I have noticed that joints sometimes aggrevate my friends nausea. He finds that smoking out of a water bong, or a bowl if you do not have a bong, seems to help the most.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #553663 - 02/16/02 02:32 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i would say don't eat for like 3 hours, 6 is a long time, considering you won't want to eat for the 5 that yer trippin. smoking helps me, but i don't smoke a lot, cuz that does the opposite and plus that gets a little to much being high into tripping.
_ry_

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinetoo_many_weirdos
it's a jungle inhere
Loc: Ithaca, NY
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: Blastrid]
    #553858 - 02/16/02 07:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i forgot to mention: i always take 2 or 3 hits of high quality bud immediatly before ingestion. too much weed can cause nausea tho...

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: too_many_weirdos]
    #554703 - 02/17/02 06:40 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

put them in a blender with a favorite juice...... much easier on the stomach and bowels and might take care of that nausea

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflinePsillyKat
Loc: Southern IL
    #554758 - 02/17/02 08:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

sit down stay down dont move you'll be fine least thats how it worked for me last night

--------------------
"I could do without the snot"
"IN YOUR FACE SPACE COYOTE!"
"Mabey the dingo ate your baby"

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: PsillyKat]
    #555017 - 02/18/02 02:15 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

For those with nausea problems:

This morning I tripped on 2 grams with 1 pill of dimenhydrinate (dramamine) a half hour beforehand and it felt WONDERFUL! Probably one of the best trips of my life. As for those of you who say laying still helps, I'm the exact opposite, I need to get moving around, open windows, clean up just dance around..sitting around is boring, even while on shrooms. To me anyways. So yeah, if you're have difficulties with nausea and other stomach problems, dramamine works wonderfully.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #555019 - 02/18/02 02:18 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

T.H.C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chemo patients can often get THC perscibed for there nausea. It's been known to work for years.

Just smoke a little. (leaves work fine here)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: Jammer]
    #555021 - 02/18/02 02:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, but in alternate cases some people GET nausea from marijuana. Also, a lot of the time the nausea you receive from a heavy mushroom trip is more mental than physical, so if you get even MORE intoxicated, it hardly helps the situation.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: NAUSEA...help me avoid it!!!!! [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #555023 - 02/18/02 02:24 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Good point, I agree.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies