Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroominDawg
Fellow Shroomer

Loc: GA
First Weilii of the year?
    #2782385 - 06/10/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys. Im trying my best to type with my broken knuckles, so try and cope with me. I went hunting today in Northwest Georgia, and found several specimens. One kinda looks like some sort of Amanita, the other looks like Weilii. The only thing is, the top of the weilii cap looks blue like the one in the Psilocybe Mushrooms of The World by Paul Stamets book, and thats why it doesnt look brown like normal. Perhaps since I found this weilii in the woods in direct sunlight, its possible that the cap could have faded. Ill leave some pics for you guys to look at. Lemme know what you guys think. Im sorry if I didnt give enough information about these shrooms. My hand hurts soo bad so Ill tell you anything else you guys would need to know about
them.

Here is the weilii (i hope):

And heres the amanita lookin thing:

Thanks guys.
XxShroominxX

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: First Weilii of the year? [Re: ShroominDawg]
    #2782526 - 06/10/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, we need more details than that plus Your photos are foggy. The second one definately seems to be one of ~750 species of Russula.

And I really don't think the first one is Psilocybe weilii. I can hardly tell it is a mushroom in that photo though... I'm not very informed about P. weilii but I think it is too early and it (doesn't seem to) look like weilii.
Remember that sporeprint of P. weilii is chocolate to purple-brown.

--------------------

Edited by ivi (06/11/04 07:03 AM)

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
Re: First Weilii of the year? [Re: ShroominDawg]
    #2782604 - 06/10/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Have you found Weilii before? You need a spore print, it just looks like an old mushroom. Does it smell like cheap lipstick, or cucumbers? I do not think that is a Weilii, but they get weird looking usually due to it being cold. (not the case here) and often do not look like the pictures in books. I will tell you what people told me before I found one, Once you find them you will always be able to tell if you have one, they are just so distinctive from anything else. Experience is key.

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: First Weilii of the year? [Re: hawk]
    #5545728 - 04/22/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

first off, ivi... your chosen picture of weilii is a horrible one at that... 99.9% of thw weilii ive found do NOT look like the one in your pic... I think erowid (where you got the pic) might of unwisely tooken a submission by another uninformed hunter.

second.. ShroominDawg... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EAT THAT MUSHROOM! I've seen it alot and it's anything but a weilii. It's blue yes and so are alot of other mushrooms that are POISONOUS. I can guarantee you thats no weilii.

Anyways goodluck this season, remember those hundreds we walked upon shroomindawg? well that spot died, but I know youve got the heart to keep lookin and learning.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: First Weilii of the year? [Re: I2ancid]
    #5545744 - 04/22/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

btw, ivi, the pic you chose is a weili iI was just making a point... weilii are so universal in their appearence... alot like the human race. However that picture fails to outline the most distinctive features of a weilii such as their ridges along the cap. It's just an extremely unique weilii pic and undetailed is all. It should at that reinforce the elusive behavior of both their growing ground and their appearance.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: First Weilii of the year? [Re: I2ancid]
    #5545797 - 04/22/06 10:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

No weilii, keep trying though. Good luck

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: First Weilii of the year? [Re: phishhead]
    #5547137 - 04/23/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

THESE ARE NOT NEW PICS
Psilocybe weilii

These are some ones from last year, but not the best examples. The normal looking specimens are still on my camera.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies