Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Big veils and mushies growing quick what now?
    #5533762 - 04/19/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

My mushies are on day 9 and have started to open their caps and stretch the veils. A couple already broke. Most aren open about half or less. They seem to be growing quickly (taller). What do i do now to get them the largest before harvest? I have a bulk poo tub with no casing and wax paper. Right now the FC lid is cracked ope for max air exchange and i keep the walls slightly misted. Shouldi keep the wax paper over the substrate? MIst more or less? Should i keep the lid all the way on the FC?

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOneSense
He who has read

Re: Big veils and mushies growing quick what now? [Re: jtk]
    #5533837 - 04/19/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You should be picking them tonight or tommorow most likely.

As for your FC worries... just be sure to keep the humidity up around 90%. All you have to do now is pick and dry. Nothing to stress over. Maximum size before harvest... It is believed that humidity around 85-90% leads to large fruits... They only have about another day of growth (if that) anyway though.

--------------------
Stash of Myco-Photos

"If I give advise or mention anything on the topic of mushroom cultivation, it was read within the archives of www.shroomery.org. would like to say that I grow active mushrooms however it is illegal to grow such natural fungi.. therefore my participiation in this hobby doesn't go past the reading of articles and viewing of photos within this website." - OneSense

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Big veils and mushies growing quick what now? [Re: OneSense]
    #5533859 - 04/19/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

some are still small, but growing quickly. Can i just pick the larger ones when ready and leave the others to grow another day or two?

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

OfflineOneSense
He who has read

Re: Big veils and mushies growing quick what now? [Re: jtk]
    #5533874 - 04/19/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If you really wish to, yes. I believe, this COULD slightly effect a second flush... It should be just fine though.

--------------------
Stash of Myco-Photos

"If I give advise or mention anything on the topic of mushroom cultivation, it was read within the archives of www.shroomery.org. would like to say that I grow active mushrooms however it is illegal to grow such natural fungi.. therefore my participiation in this hobby doesn't go past the reading of articles and viewing of photos within this website." - OneSense

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck