Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

MJ strains and light cycles
    #5528886 - 04/18/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

SOOOO, as you guys know im growing some supposed alaskan strain. Im about to start the flowering cycle but ive run into a slight problem. When OG was around, and according to the breeder we bought our seeds from, we're not supposed to put the plants into 12/12 right away. Rather, we're supposed to mimic the odd light patterns found in that part of alaska.

IME i say bullshit. Cannabis should be cannabis right, its growth parameters shouldnt change between strains right? I dont see why slowly changing the cycle down to 12/12 could benefit my plants. If anything i see this contributing to producing a hermi plant, or some other stress related problems.

Problem is there is about ZERO info on my strain. I can find SHIT on alaskan(matanuska) thunderfuck. The tundra strain is NOT my strain so that information is invalid.

Any opinons or ideas? Am i right or wrong?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHamstercut
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: MJ strains and light cycles [Re: coda]
    #5528944 - 04/18/06 10:55 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

what you were told is bullshit, flower 12/12.

Type: Indica, indoor and outdoor
Vegetate until: 4 - 7 internodes
Flowering time: 60-70 days
Average height: 0.5 - 0.75 meter
Yield: 350 - 375 grams / m? (dried, indoor)
High: powerfully sedative.
Smell: rich chocolate flavor

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: MJ strains and light cycles [Re: Hamstercut]
    #5529007 - 04/18/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

are you sure that information is for matanuska t.fuck and not some hybrid? If it is can you link me to that?

thanks man, ive asked this question on a cannabis board and they've been helping me out. I contacted someone who's grown MT before, hopefully he'll be able to tell me for sure. Everyone who has responded to my post on the forum agree with me.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

#5529036 - 04/18/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If the plant hasnt been stabilized to indoor growing, and is usually grown in alaska, and the breeder said to slowly induce flowering then maybe you should. I have never heard of such a thing tho.

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MJ strains and light cycles [Re: Taskenti]
    #5530397 - 04/18/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I second the notion of bullshit.

In addition, they probably grew it indoors in Alaska, so the light patterns probably have no bearing what so ever.

just my humble opinion.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: MJ strains and light cycles [Re: mycogirl]
    #5530610 - 04/18/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

turns out i was right, and mycogirl just NAILED the reason why.  I spoke with an old hand who had personal experience with the strain.  He told me that it has the same light cycle all cannabis plants do.  Then he told me that the strain was bred inside so the outdoor enviornment never came into play with it.

Thank god, i really didnt want to have to deal with that shit lol. :smile:

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #5531560 - 04/18/06 10:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If it doesn't flower under 12/12 indoors it's a auto flowering strain.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MJ strains and light cycles [Re: Magash]
    #5531819 - 04/18/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Most breeders (in my slight experience) do breed inside. Also cannabis as we know it is a result of govt. technology, mainly helecopters. People were forced indoors and really started selectively breeding and just perfecting the grow.

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: MJ strains and light cycles [Re: mycogirl]
    #5532003 - 04/19/06 12:16 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Somewhat true. The main reason for indoor breeding was cause of poor weather in the areas of europe where you can grow it. Esp as we know it in Amsterdam where you can grow it but don't have the weather for it. They started with faster flowering strains to beat the onset of winter which from there moved to indoor growing. Also with indoor growing they can breed the seeds they sell all year around.  :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals