Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
What of those who haven't heard of Christ?
    #5527534 - 04/17/06 11:17 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

This is influenced by the 2005 thread called "Contradictions In The Bible?!" in The Pub. Shroomery member #126019, biO asked ........

Quote:

Why would people be damned to an eternity for not believing in Jesus during a finite life? How just is that? What about all the billions of people who have never heard of (nor ever had the chance to hear of) Jesus? Why are these people born destined to damnation?

I believe most Christians might say that those who never had a chance to hear of Jesus would be saved automatically. If that's true, then wouldn't it be better if no one was ever taught of Jesus? That way, you don't even run the risk of going to hell.

Tell me what you think.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: Learyfan]
    #5527562 - 04/17/06 11:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

u aint gettin out of here alive, and when ur dead u aint goin nowheres.

OfflineDeviate
    #5527596 - 04/17/06 11:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

shouldn't you be asking this on a christian website or something? most of the people on this forum do not hold the belief that one must have heard the story of jesus the person to be saved.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5527692 - 04/17/06 11:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell." -- Marquis de Sade

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #5528232 - 04/18/06 02:47 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone who finds the way to g*d and can accept it/her/him as ultimate reality, what means a purpose of existence beyond our limited human comprehension in regarding the 'all', and act in correspondence with this, will not been rejected from it/her/him, whatever religion he is.
Try to make THIS experience, as it is recognizable in our lifetime, and judge for yourself. Prime premise: Be honest to yourself.

G*d is not dependent on religion, religion is something humans invented to make a community for the perceivers of g*d (and that is, as I repeatedly say, always colored in subjective, cultural and temporal 'representations', which were to look behind. But it is like with every representation...can you grasp the essence inside the package, without 'using' it ?) :lol:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5528256 - 04/18/06 03:17 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What is it that makes you believe that whatever g*d(nice way of stating god as a subjective term :-)) loves you, forgives you and accepts you or even give a dime about what you feel?

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5528298 - 04/18/06 04:35 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think it's bullshit. Sigh, religions. They teach great ways to live but to also have to accept a false history isn't right.

--------------------
:heart:

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: theuser]
    #5528301 - 04/18/06 04:39 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

'xactly

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #5528322 - 04/18/06 05:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"The very thing which is now called the Christian religion existed among the ancients also, nor was it wanting from the inception of the human race until the coming of Christ in the flesh, at which point the true religion, which was already in existence, began to be called Christian."

- St. Augustine, Retractiones (quoted in The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5528327 - 04/18/06 05:35 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, so now the christian religion is the correct one right?

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: Shroomerious]
    #5528438 - 04/18/06 07:11 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by fresh313 (04/18/06 10:13 AM)

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #5528537 - 04/18/06 07:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
This is influenced by the 2005 thread called "Contradictions In The Bible?!" in The Pub. Shroomery member #126019, biO asked ........

Quote:

Why would people be damned to an eternity for not believing in Jesus during a finite life? How just is that? What about all the billions of people who have never heard of (nor ever had the chance to hear of) Jesus? Why are these people born destined to damnation?

I believe most Christians might say that those who never had a chance to hear of Jesus would be saved automatically. If that's true, then wouldn't it be better if no one was ever taught of Jesus? That way, you don't even run the risk of going to hell.

Tell me what you think.

Pink Floyd said it best for me, quote"If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!"

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: castaway]
    #5528586 - 04/18/06 08:25 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"Pink Floyd said it best for me, quote"If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!" "

Nice quote mate!

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5529257 - 04/18/06 12:24 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God."-Cicero

everyone wheather or not they hear the story of Jesus, feels a natural pull to obey the golden rule, "do unto others as you would have done to yourself." This is base for all religions. Monkeys have been tested in labs, by putting two in side by side boxes, and placing a treat in front of one that only the other could pull to his buddy. They nearly always did, and if one didnt the other would refuse to pull the lever for him. It is our Nature to behave goodly to each other, not something we have to learn.

Do you think that without being shown the Word, someone would think it Ok to murder, steal, rape? of course not. People are judged on their works not on their beliefs. If you believe in Jesus its supposobly easier to get in, but I dont buy that at all. Alot of the stuff in teh new testatment I get the feeling that it was added AFTER Jesus died, and that its a whole lot of wishful thinking.

Christianity as an organized religion shouldnt even exist. After Jesus is resurrected they fall down to worship him as a God, and he says "nay, rise worship God even as I do." Jesus wasnt christian he was Jewish guys.

Other quotes from the bible that make it clear Churches go against the word.

"Lift a stone you will find me, Turn a leaf and I am there." Doesnt say look in buildings does it?

"Worship in your closet" doesn't get much clearer.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: blaze2]
    #5529588 - 04/18/06 01:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I live in a heavily religious country, and there have been many times in my life when I heard someone saying the name of christ to help them not lose their patience with something or do something that is considered wr*ng and b*d. I didn't say that people would think it would be ok. Just that religion gives people an extra factor to take into consideration when they are about to do something wr*ng. Many people that I know often think.."hmm, god would sure not approve that" and they avoid doing it. It is kind of a substitude for character strength on all aspects of it.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5529672 - 04/18/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

it is when you use God that way, but someone who actually listens to bible does not. God is not about making us into perfect little humans, he wants us to show love to one another intsead of hate. His rules reflect this unfortunately people refuse to follow rules unless they fear retribution. A goodly man doesnt thinkn about obeying the ten commandments, he would never consider teh paths of hate in teh first place. If you let go of hate(of even teh devil himself as even he plays a part in Gods plan) then nothing can harm you.

Psalm 23
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

probrobly my favorite verse in teh bible.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: blaze2]
    #5529896 - 04/18/06 03:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

havent heard of christ = free pass.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: kotik]
    #5529909 - 04/18/06 03:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

havent heard of christ = free pass.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
and it's true as well!!!(you know what I mean)

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #5529918 - 04/18/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

My momma said they don't get to go to catholic heaven. They go to a watered down version because they're not baptized :smile:

--------------------
Namaste

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What of those who haven't heard of Christ? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #5529954 - 04/18/06 03:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

you know there is lots of truth lurking behind all these jokes loool

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder