Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Philosopher's Stone Growbox
    #5463103 - 03/31/06 09:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I just bought two philosopher's stone growboxes and I have some quetions. First of all, here are the instructions that came along with it:

Put the kit in a place of total darkness. This is very important, because the mycelium can?t stand daylight! Ideal would be a constant temperature between 22 and 24 degrees C. It is possible to grow the truffles in a lower temperature, but this slows down the process of growing. A temperature that is higher than 24 degrees C is not recommended, because they might die and/or suffer from contamination. So never place the kit directly on the heating radiator.
After a minimum of 16 weeks the philosophers stones can be harvested. The longer you wait, the larger the harvest will be. It definitely pays off to wait a bit longer before you harvest! Once the kit has been opened it has to be harvested completely to make sure there is no contamination. Never open the kit before you will actually harvest, no matter how tempting it might be!

So, what O want to know righ now is what happens i:
1. I want to harvet sooner, like in 8 or 12 weeks? Will I get way too few shrooms then waiting 16 weeks?
2. What happens if the temperature will rise above 24 25 degrees? Will it really kill them or what?

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Philosopher's Stone Growbox [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #5463980 - 03/31/06 02:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

1. You don't get shrooms it's called Sclerotia. And you need to wait unless you don't want to have a secessfull harvest.

2. The steadier the temp more productive the growth will be. Death from mycelium is near 106, so don't get it near that. 85ish is great.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineWorkmanV
Psilocybe Microscopist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Philosopher's Stone Growbox [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #5464175 - 03/31/06 02:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience, exposure to light didn't seem to reduced sclerotia production.

Also, if the substrate is fully colonized and you want to harvest a few sclerotia early, just do it quickly and cleanly. Wear freshly laundered clothes, wash hands and arms and use a clean tool (spoon or fork) Fully colonized substrate is suprisingly resistant to contamination. There is some risk in attempting this, so don't blame me if you screw it up.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Philosopher's Stone Growbox [Re: Workman]
    #5528427 - 04/18/06 08:06 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The light/darkness thing seems to be from TMC, Roger said he was at recent Stamets lectures and he now recommends light. Roger was even talking about using HIDs!

My atlantis substrate is remarkably resistant. I have mixed it last night with some straw to see what happens. It was lying for a few months and was subject to open air which was full of contams at the time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation