Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: tryptonite]
    #5501612 - 04/10/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well went on a big mission today - came back with probably 10 smallish subs. None in the pine forest, we found all of them in bark gardens, and we looked in quite a few places.
They're annoying that they love to grow under the grass ect, so you have you rip away at the foliage to find 'em.
Got some awesome looking amanitas too - if anyone wants amanitas now is the time - thousands of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: Feelers]
    #5502102 - 04/11/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I went on a quick hunt around some mallaleuca shrubs and had no luck, a fair bit of mycellia, but I've no idea what sub mycellia looks like.
I didn't really search very hard, so I kind of just gave up after not seeing anything where I usually used to find them...
fingers crossed

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: indica]
    #5502338 - 04/11/06 03:16 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Still about a month off in Melbourne i reckon. Was 27 here today so it defenitely needs to get alot colder and there needs to be alot more rain before i can see there being any significant finds.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5502370 - 04/11/06 04:18 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

the rain... dammit I forgot about the rain lol.
It's been cold, but little rain...

Offlinesaintpedro
nom nom nom

Loc: heliosphere
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: indica]
    #5504130 - 04/11/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

They were growing out of and around cowpats, in groups of about 6-7.  Pretty spread out over the paddocks though, I found around 5 patches of them (30-40 mushrooms), but only kept a few for ID purposes.  Another trip may be in order :smile:.  There was no sign of blue bruising, although I hear they sometimes blue slightly around the base of the stem.

Edited by saintpedro (04/11/06 03:37 PM)

Invisiblewinelover
crimson jedi
 User Gallery
Re: Pan subbs? no pan foenisecii . [Re: saintpedro]
    #5506516 - 04/12/06 03:27 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

somtimes contains small traces of psilocybin , well thats my guess . Happy hunting.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5506639 - 04/12/06 05:43 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Still about a month off in Melbourne i reckon. Was 27 here today so it defenitely needs to get alot colder and there needs to be alot more rain before i can see there being any significant finds.

Same here in adelaide, think we have had only 1 frost, but bugger all rain, hills are still not exactly green yet with winter growth. About a week of rainy weather will kick it off once this indian summer clears off.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: trixxy]
    #5508798 - 04/12/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"marge! marge! the rains 'r ere!"

oooooh goody.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: saintpedro]
    #5511088 - 04/13/06 04:01 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yeah look like pan subbalt - they are a big mushroom in terms of history - there is evidence of usage of this mushroom in pagan/teutonic/celtic rights in the distant past.
its low in terms of potency but its vibe is more like cubies than most wild shrooms.
I know for sure that modern wiccan/neo-pagan groups tend to hold this mushroom exclusively as having some sort of religious/spiritual significance.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5519948 - 04/16/06 12:04 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hmmm this is frustating. I've spent the easter weekend hunting everywhere, but there is nothing. There are plenty of amanitas though... not quite what I'm looking for.
Any idea on how long till subs start pinning, anyone?

Offlinetripsitar
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: indica]
    #5520490 - 04/16/06 09:17 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hi everybody. my first post :smile:! very cool website i must say, and great that it has such an active forum!

anyway, my friends and i have been eager to try psychoactive mushrooms for some time now, and have been out looking a few times, without much luck; either we've found nothing, or what we have found we haven't been confident enough in identification to actually eat them. to back this up, everything i've been reading at this site seems to say that you should /always/ get mushrooms identified by someone experienced if you're still new to the game.

so, i've a favour to ask :smile:. would somebody in melbourne be willing to take me out hunting when the season begins, if it hasn't already (and people seem to be saying it hasn't)? we can take my car if you'd like, so it's my petrol etc. i'd just like to gain some experience so i don't kill myself or my friends in our experimentation.

thanks everybody,
-duncan

EDIT/PS: oh, and if you are interested in helping me out, a reply here or as a pm or on msn or whatever is good. thanks again :smile:

Edited by tripsitar (04/16/06 09:18 AM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: tripsitar]
    #5522529 - 04/16/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hey tripsitar! Welcome to the shroomery!
I just want to warn you that most people here might be very hesitant to take you hunting with them, as they may be wary of giving away their personal hunting grounds (although, they may be sharing them with other hunters...)
I used to live up your way and was fortunate enough to get in contact with someone who was willing to take me with him one night, he took me to a local park and showed me what I was looking for... although I'd like to point out a couple of things he did/said:

- He took us with him, but he DID NOT touch/pick any of the mushrooms! He simply showed us what to look for so we didn't pick poisonous ones. Whether this was legal/health/safety reasons, I'm not sure... but it seemed wise enough

- He stressed again and again that we should always take sporeprints... and never just trust the blueing of a mushroom as a sign of psilocin.

- Kept saying he 'doesn't do mushrooms any more' and 'I'm not some paranoid guy who's smoked too much weed' he just wanted to know that some kids who wanted to pick mushrooms were going to be safe about it and know what they are looking for.

- Suggested some cool books (although I haven't had the chance to read these yet... I've got them on hold at the library)

- Warned us that psiloc(yb)in content varies IMMENSELEY from mushroom to mushroom, (ie - big shrooms could have little psilocin, tiny shrooms could have HUGE amounts etc) and that we powder them up and do them in cap form.

Thanks, Jon! If you're around here, I'd like to say that your help has benefited us greatly, although we didn't find any after you helped us out, we are now very stocked up on knowledge since your little introduction to amateur mycology! (we're the amateurs, not you!)

Anyway, so on wit hthe topic.
I'd like to suggest trying the eastern suburbs/dandenong ranges... PM me for more specifics... I'd like to help you out from this huge distance between us... I feel I may have enough knowledge to help you (assuming that others on here are less inclined to help out an amateur!)

peace everyone.... good luck in the season as well!!!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5523301 - 04/17/06 01:35 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

success

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 03:20 AM)

Offlinetripsitar
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5523345 - 04/17/06 01:54 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

thanks mr indica, and also thankyou bluemeanie! being able to post here to make sure what i have makes me a lot more confident, and that the season's still a little while away also makes me feel better about our lack of luck over the past week or so.

i'll go read up on sporeprints - is there anything in particular about the sporeprint of a psiolocybe mushroom, or is the deal just that you just compare the sporeprint to see if it matches a psilocybe?

-duncan

PS: i live in the outer eastern suburbs, only a few kms from cow-filled paddocks etc, and an easy drive to the dandenongs, so that's fortunate.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: tripsitar]
    #5525844 - 04/17/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well it rained pretty hard last night (one heck of a storm) and today it's absolutely freezing cold. I'm going to go out for a look up the road in the pines...

I'll let you know how it goes.

Offlinechromokano
Stranger
    #5528272 - 04/18/06 03:37 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hello hello fellow explorers. new guy here.

anyone from Adelaide might have realised its been pissing down like theres no end recently. i havent been hunting before so whats the usual time it starts around here??

btw im about 10min from mt lofty if that.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: chromokano]
    #5528333 - 04/18/06 05:43 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chromokano said:
hello hello fellow explorers. new guy here.

anyone from Adelaide might have realised its been pissing down like theres no end recently. i havent been hunting before so whats the usual time it starts around here??

btw im about 10min from mt lofty if that.

nice, i'm near there too, bout 15.  But I think subs needs a good chill after the wet, and it was dry as on sunday.  From the weather forcast though it looks to be gearing up nicely for anzac day. :crazy2:.

Usual start is around mid May I presume, season pretty well is decent from june to august.

Offlinechromokano
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: trixxy]
    #5528338 - 04/18/06 05:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hooray for no work anzac day!

so might be worth waiting another fortnight or such? still fun to go check out spots but. im gonna haveta keep an eye on this thread

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: chromokano]
    #5531412 - 04/18/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

it's been raining for 3 days solid down here in tassie. It's absolutely pissing down now and doesn't show any sign of giving up... it's pretty darn cold out as well.
I went for a quick look in the pines the other day and this is all I could manage to find :wink:

Offlinechromokano
Stranger
    #5532426 - 04/19/06 05:06 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

^^^ nice finds...what are they?? amanitas? (prob spelled that wrong)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale