Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemorphogenetic
Stranger
Anyone have an good bread recipes?
    #5385902 - 03/10/06 04:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm looking for some sort of really tasty bread to make... can anyone help?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Anyone have an good bread recipes? [Re: morphogenetic]
    #5394292 - 03/13/06 05:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I say, get a bread machine and start looking for recipes to make in it.

My mom used to make some mean pepper-cheese bread in a bread machine a few years ago. Lots of good choices. Easy and delicious. =]

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5483270 - 04/05/06 05:17 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

I don't mind sharing my recipes for the most part, but when it comes to baking, and more specifically bread, I have a hard time.  Takes a lot of work to develop a good bread recipe.

Maybe I'll share some eventually though.  Sorry for contributing nothing :grin:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
    #5489417 - 04/07/06 12:16 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

I'll ask my mom about her AMAZING pumpkin bread recipe. I tried the lowcarb diet fad my senior year in highschool, so I'd trade or just give it to my friends. I still get friends asking about it.

It's just so moist, so flavorful...ugh, I could really go for a slice one of these days. She had this way of putting chocolate chips in the later batches. D fucking licious.

I'll try and get it over the weekend. Maybe she'll make some too..... :eek:

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

OfflinefunkyfishX
just being
Male
    #5508212 - 04/12/06 03:42 PM (15 years, 13 days ago)

over the last 6 months or so I've gotten fairly into making bread as a hobby so I'll give you a good starting recipe:

Quick-Mix Honeyed Wheat Bread
+ 5 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
+ 2 cups whole wheat flour
+ 2 packages fast-rising active dry yeast
+ 2 cups milk
+ 1/2 cup water
+ 1/2 cup honey
+ 2 tablespoons oil

Notes:
+ I usually switch the flours (so 5 3/4 cups whole wheat, 2 cups all-purpose)
+ you can get yeast at the grocery store in package, or my local food store sells it in bulk, and if you get it in bulk 1 package = 2 1/4 teaspoons
+ milk can be any kind, just watch out for vanilla (or other flavored) milks especially soy it might change the taste of the bread
+ for the oil, vegetable is just fine

1. mix 4 cups of one flour and 2 cups of the other, add yeast and blend thoroughly

2. combine well the milk, water, honey and oil in a big enough (~2quarts) sauce pan over medium heat until hot to touch (~115 degrees F)

3. Add wet into dry and mix with wooden spoon, stir in about 3/4 cup of remaining flour to make a soft dough

4. flour your hands lightly and a surface (or just do it in the bowl for less cleaning) and work in about 1/2 cup to 1 cup flour just to the point where the dough isn't sticky anymore and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and with small bubble form under the surface, you'll see this if you pull it apart a little (google kneading if you need some techniques)

5. cover dough with cloth or plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes

6. now divide the dough in half with a sharp knife and place each half in a greased 4 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch loaf pan ( or for cool looking bread just shape the dough free form on a greased cookie sheet, even my friends were impressed that it was home made) cover in pan and let rise in a warm place ( on top of the fridge usually is warm) and let it rise until doubled in size, about 40 to 45 minutes

7. preheat the oven to 425 degrees and when the oven is ready put the bread in and immediately turn the oven down to 375 as soon as you close the door, this little trick I learned accounts for a huge lost of heat when you open the oven, it helps stabilize the temp in the beginning saving cooking time, also I cut with a knife or shears a few lines just for looks and to let the bread open up

8. bake until loaves are browned and sound hollow when tapped, just tap with a wooden spoon and listen, you'll know when it's done I usually check it around 20 - 25 minutes and because my oven isn't perfect the outside is already the color I would like but it's not done yet, so I pull out the loaves and just gently wrap a piece of foil over the top BE CAREFUL, I've burned myself by using my hands and not my head in this step, now put them back and check on them loaves in 5 minutes and then 5 minutes again if not done, depends on the oven
Don't be scared by the judgment call in this last step you don't need to be a pro, just know what looks good for a loaf of bread or what you like

Once you take it out knock it out of the pan, should come out easy, if not go around edges with a knife and let cool and then slice yourself a nice reward and if you have and leftover honey spread it on

good luck with bread making
let me know if you need more ideas
peace

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #5514687 - 04/14/06 04:23 AM (15 years, 12 days ago)

Beer bread

It's simple, rich, thick, sweet.

6.5 dl (2.75) flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3.5 dl (1.5 cups) beer

Set oven to 190 C (350 F)
Mix flour and sugar in a bowl
Grease small baking tin
Stir beer to flatten it a bit. Pour beer into flour/sugar mix. It'll be tempting to pour more beer into the dough, but don't because the bread will turn out wrong. Work with hands and or spoon for a few minutes.
Spread dough in baking form.
Bake in oven at 190 C (350 F) for 50-60 minutes.

Optional: spread small amount of water or butter on top of loaf while it cools. To make the bread more of a desert bread put cinnamon in the dough while mixing.

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
    #5528105 - 04/18/06 03:33 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing