Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
marijuana question
    #551872 - 02/14/02 09:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

for those who have moved on from purchasing from dealers (which i really hate) scene of weed, and have started growing their own - ive got a question for ya

how is the quality? is it comparable to what you used to buy (better, worse)?

and is it difficult to grow decent buds? by decent i dont mean high quality, colourful buds, but buds comparable to the ones u used to grab from dealers

any input would be great

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: foghorn]
    #551903 - 02/14/02 09:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: marijuana question [Re: foghorn]
    #551909 - 02/14/02 09:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Good question, I am eager to see answers to this too, because some people I know were talking about starting an outdoor crop this summer.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonora
Re: marijuana question [Re: ]
    #552165 - 02/15/02 02:53 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

yea, even growing out some schwagg seeds, you can end up with something much much better than the weed the seeds ccame from.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #552411 - 02/15/02 10:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It really depends A LOT on your setup. My friend claims that with a half decent setup that you will do no worse than most of what you can find on the street. For a good product you MUST have a good light. If you spend money on nothing else, make sure you get a good light source. Another important factor is genetics. Find some descent seeds or good clones. You will probably screw up the first couple tries, so don't bother with expensive seeds to start out.

In answer to your questions, the quality of the first batch of what my friend used to grow was better in most ways to what you find on the street. She started out using cheap lighting which resulted in loosely packed (called stretching) buds. The buds gave a good high, but it didn't last long (picked too soon, poor drying, first time learning curve type of problems).

The taste of the buds she grew were MUCH better than anything ever found on the street. The only place I have found better tasting smoke is in amsterdam.

Because she pulled all the males the first time, and cloned from then on, there were never any seeds in the bud.

My friend would say it is about the same difficulty growing bud as shrooms, but the challenges are very different. With bud you only really worry about one contamination, spider mites and other insects, though it is a bitch to get rid of them if they ever move in.

You are a lot more likely (at least in the US) to be spotted growing bud than shrooms. Those lights give off a lot of heat which has to be vented and can be noticed. They use more electricity than normal, which can be noticed. You will be buying a lot of nutrients, which can be noticed. When the females flower, the smell is almost overpowering, which can be noticed. When you are done, you have to ditch all the plants and rootballs somewhere, which can be noticed.

Of course, buying from a dealer... can be noticed... :-)

Be sure you do a lot of reading before you start. My friend recommends using the "scrog" method for indoors cultivation where space is limited for getting the best yields. (Scrog stands for Screen of Green, a modification of the Sea of Green grow teks). If you live in an apartment, or with your parents, I wouldn't bother... the smell will probably give you away.

Also, no matter how much you like them, no matter how much you trust them, unless you are married to them, TELL NOBODY!!! If you tell just one or two people that you are growing, and each of them only tells one or two people, and each of them... pretty soon you will get a visit from a LEO asking questions.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #552536 - 02/15/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I grow and I love it I get WAY better bud now cause it's fresh and full of crystals! I use high quality seed(shitty seed no matter how good the farmer , you will always get shitty weed it may be a little better than the sack it came from but, not worth the time and effort) and grow out under the sun w/ strore bought dirt and I use miracle grow rose fertilizer and switch too bloom fertilizer when my plants show their true colors (female) I have never had any beginner problems except for rabbits and deer but that can be eaisly cured, I always here people say that it's hard to grow pot but I find it easy, of course I come from a family of pecan and soybean farmers and my dad grew bud so mabey it's in my blood you should buy one of ed rosenthals grow guidesand read it a few times and use it like a bible it will cover everthing you need to know. I could always try new and different fertilizers and soils to get a bigger harvest but I have never had problems with going this route so I try to keep it simple and this method has proven it self time and time again!!

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Edited by joe666 (02/15/02 12:32 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: marijuana question [Re: joe666]
    #552593 - 02/15/02 01:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I second that. Rosenthal is "the anno" of cannabis...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #552600 - 02/15/02 01:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have grown my own and it is so much better that its hard to believe - growing is fun anyway !

If you havent already - go to overgrow.com or cannabisworld.com .
You will learn alot if you hang aroung one of these forums .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck