Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefozi
PhD inMicrobiology &MolecularGenetics
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Crab Nebula (over Phi...
My MARTHA Turorial with- Automated UPDATED GROW PICS!!
    #5522398 - 04/16/06 08:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Fozi Presents...

UPDATE 8.3.06
From the author of this post.

PLEASE disregard all references to any part here that gives info on use of added OXYGEN. My lab study did show its worthless and can even cause problems in your environment. Not to mention Oxygen is very dangerous. So you know the Oxygen we breathe in our air is ONLY 21% Oxygen. Prolonged use of levels any higher will eventually if not immediately lead to death. So Please do not use the O part.. Also, do not use the auto mister unless you have misting issues. And don’t use the auto humidifier I don’t have the full directions and if you try it without them you will trash your humidifiers
Thanks,
Fozi

Tutorial for My advanced martha wardrobe terrarium, with fully automated computer controlled
delivery systems, oxygen enriched air,  auto watering, auto misting controlled, mushroom
system and so much more!! Full Detail photos below!!

This system is by FAR the best creation to date I have ever advanced upon. I am NOT the
original creator of the Martha, however, I have made MAJOR improvements and innovations to make this terrarium 100% FULLY AUTOMATED and worth using.

I would like to give the original BASIC design credit to Magash. Im not sure if it was his original design but it could be. If it wasnt for his post I wouldnt of thought to make it
better :wink: Thanks Magash !!

Disclaimer: The website used to host these images is not in any way involved in any activities described in this reading or this website. This web space was donated by an online acquaintance and cannot be held reliable for anything being hosted on the site.
They in no way have any knowledge of the content or my where about. As I do not know
theirs. Please be safe!!
Please click on the photos to see the larger versions. Since The Shroomery needs to limit
the amount of image uploads I have uploaded them to a private site. You will see much more
detail if you click them.. Thanks

Let tell you a bit about this terrarium. I say it is computer controlled because for the most part it is. I tried to find a way for my actual computer to control everything and realized that this just wouldn't be possible to achieve and still have the great features
my current setup posses.

My setup has has a huge amount of air exchange. Picture a trash bag filled with air by a
strong fan constantly blowing, then while the fan is still blowing cut a 3 inch hole into
the bottom of it. When you do this you will have a trash bag filled up like a balloon and
blowing out huge amounts of air. The whole time the trash bag never deflates. This is the
same idea here but way better. The wardrobe closet is all plastic, the cool mist
humidifier is blowing 24/7 and the ultrasonic humidifier turns on for me every 45 mins for
15 mins. So you are constantly allowing fresh air in and bad air out. To make the
nvironment even more oxygen enriched I have two 125 pound Oxygen Tank cylinders that are
SLOWLY flowing 99% pure oxygen into the terrarium 24/7 and I have a total of three large
tropical plants growing, releasing oxygen on the bottom shelf. This is still experimental
with all this oxygen and can be VERY VERY VERY dangerous to use if you are not properly
educated on oxygen use indoors and pressurized oxygen cylinders (20000 PSI!!! I did take a
class that involved this subject

To go even a step further to make this setup better than any setup ive ever seen I have a
total of six fluorescent grow bulbs surrounding the terrarium that cost $50.00 each bulb.

To go even a few steps more I have added an automatic, battery controlled automatic
watering system that will auto mist all the mushrooms, every 5 hours, for 2 minutes total
with an ULTRA FINE PURIFIED water mist! :wink:
I have taken out ALL reasons for HUMAN ERROR!! You could actually leave this setup alone
for 2 months without ANY maintenance.. I have the humidifiers kept full by turning on my
auto watering service's second controller for one minute a day which fills both
containers!!
I am going to include all detailed photos below to show you EXACTLY how to make this. I
ask only that you NEVER take credit for anything you did not create yourself and remember
to tell people that FOZI hooked you UP!!>.

Since I added this setup I have had 5 casings I thought were trashed pin. After 2 months I
was frustrated and this setup was my last chance at success. (This is only my second time
fruiting ever ) All other setups failed me. I read EVERY POST on this site for help. It
took me 3 weeks of reading. This saved me!! You and everyone else having fruiting issues
r not should take the time and money to complete this fine, fully automated terrarium. I will warn you, this was not cheap. I suggest saving some money up because I invested over $700.00 in this setup and will do it all over again if I could. Luckily you can learn from my mistakes as I have made many in this setup and had to start over. If you want exact detailed part numbers for everything I have I can give that to you . You can use the part numbers at ANY Home Depot. If im not lazy I will add all that info later. Im pretty beat up, bruised, cut up, tired, and broke after all of this so bare with me. I hope you all enjoy this and appreciate the time I put into this. Please feel free to PM me any time or reply to this post. Also, Please Comment on what you think about my setup (not the cost).
Thank You,
fozi
I now present to you.. My Tutorial for My advanced martha wardrobe terrarium, with fully automated computer controlled, oxygen enriched air,  auto watering, auto misting controlled, mushroom system. (4.16.06 8pm EST)

This is what you get as your end product. Isnt it pretty?? I added a Vinyl Fish Aquarium Shower Curtin to cover up all the wires & tubing

This is what you are going to start out with. You can get any sort of wardrobe closet you want. You want to make sure it has a few things. You want it to be fully enclosed, meaning you need to have a bottom. Some come with cardboard bottoms. Mine was fabric. It makes it easier in the next few steps to have this option but if you cant find one with a bottom its ok we are going to add our own anyway later.

Here is a close up of the size you will want in regards to width and height. We will need to get this exact size or larger because we need to fit a shelf into it later. You want the 36 inch. They are sold in sizes 36 and 60 inch. DONT get the 60 inch. .its just too big for what we are trying to achieve. Make sure it has a zipper and be careful opening it (my first one broke and I had to start ALL OVER AGAIN!! @$$** ) I got my wardrobe closet at Bed Bath and Beyond. But I think K-Mart sells one by martha stewart for around 25-30 bucks (hence the name in the title martha)

Exact wardrobe closet size below

You will want to get a large STRONG trash bag to use for a liner on the bottom. This will be where we install our drain/air exchange hole. I didnt cut mine to fit. All I did was fold it to fit and used clear weather tape to secure it to be air tight. Tape extra in the corners as we will be placing our shelf legs here and need the support. (I used a tough contractor trash bag from home depot that was 3mil thick. I would suggest doing the same since we DONT want holes and we will be adding a heavy shelf holding our precious mushrooms.)

Here are a few pics of me cutting the small 3-4 inch hole in the center of the trash bag to fit my kitchen sink drain I purchased. Any standard kitchen sink drain will due. As long as it has a giant screw on lug on the bottom to secure it. I wouldn't worry all of them have it. I added clear bathroom tile caulk all over the thing and glue on top of that to melt the trash bag into the top of the drain edge. Any strong, clear, quick drying glue should do this. Let it dry for a good 6 hours before it sees water or your fuxored!

Make sure you clean any excess glue from the drain rim so water flows nicely out. We don't want stagnant water in there do we?
The finished product (Stick a kitty litter pan under it to catch the water and make sure the drain doesn't lay flat so air cant escape)

I am getting sorta impatient here so I am going to explain a bit less and put more pics in if I think I need to explain something I will. if you cant figure it out ask me. I will however explain to you now a few photos below and parts I used that aren't listed

You will see photos of clear tubes I used to put the air from the humidifiers into the setup. These are 1 inch clear tubs about 3-4 ft long. I suggest you install them on the top of the setup so any mist will fall down, I also used lids from coffee cans at first to secure the holes I made for the tubes. Make sure you do this. Glue them on good or your plastic will tear. On my second setup I used glad ziplock lids from those containers that you can buy from the grocery store. You will see photos of both. I suggest the Glad. When you go to home depot make sure you have ALREADY purchased your humidifiers. You will need to go to the plumbing section and size up some PVC parts so you can attach your clear tubing also found at home depot. Anything will work just use your head. I used Quick Set Epoxy and Clear weather tape to secure mine. I also bought a plastic 5 tier utility shelf from home depot and only used about 3 of the shelves. This will fit exactly into your setup! Don't put metal in it will rust.. eww... rust.. bad bad bad.. shame of you damn rust.. Ok this is getting so damn long.. Glad I didn't take any mushrooms or this may not of made any sense to you. Put an electronic temp/humd reader and an old fashioned non-electrical one in yuor setup. I used flukers and would NOT recommend them. You choose pal.. As for lights I used 6 Repta-Sun 5.0 Fluorescent bulbs on for 16 hours while pinning and 12 while fully fruiting. I have the ultrasonic humidifier on for 15 minutes every hour, the cool mist on 24/7... You can get an every 15 minute timer from home depot or PETSMART. PETSMART also carries the bulbs I use but they are $50.00 Each. (Ouch)
The watering system is sold at SEARS HARDWARE for 40.00. I ran the hose into my house from a window on my third floor LOL I wonder what the neighbors are thinking!!! I have it go off every 5 hours for 2 minutes. I bought the mister nozzle at PetSmart and tore it off of a pet mister bottle, and glued it onto a sidewalk power sprayer nozzle. You will want a Y-valve for your auto watering system. You will want one size open a little and the other to your setup on full. The reason is that if you don't have a way to relieve the pressure in the hose after the 2 minutes it will still go for another 10 minutes.. This fixes that (I am a thinker aren't I? heh)
As for the Oxygen tanks. You need a script for medical oxygen and you don't need it. Just go to any welding gas supply place and get yourself a 125 pound tank of oxygen. This cost me around 10 bucks but I think I got a deal. It shouldnt cost more than 20 bucks and there shouldn't be ANY bottle deposit. DONT LET THEM RIP YOU WITH A DEPOSIT!! ( I got jacked at first that way). I suggest reading up on the safe use of this as it is VERY FLAMMABLE. We breathe in only 21% oxygen. This contains 99% pure oxygen and will KILL YOU if used incorrectly and can BLOW YOU UP if used incorrectly so beware!!!!!!!!

You will see photos of gauges on my tanks. This is called a regulator. This lowers the pressure of 20000PSI to a useable pressure of 1-900PSI. You DONT need this but I had one and they cost 100 bucks. It is easier to rig up the air tubes to use it but hey. its expensive. Use fishing air tubes and rig up some oxygen to flow into your setup 24/7. One tank should last you a week. If its gone any sooner that's WAY TOO MUCH oxygen your using. You shouldn't even hear it coming out. I used a cup of water to see it bubble every second.. THAT PLENTY!!! FAILURE TO DO THAT WILL KILL YOU!! NO JOKE!!! Also I added some tropical plants. Well that's all I can think of for now.. Here are some pics.. Good Luck!!! I hope this made sense and you took the time to get to this part of the Tutorial.. Heh.. Yea.. 3 hrs later.. Im done.. you better read it.. By the way.. This has produced mushrooms way faster, bigger, and stronger than I have ever could of imagined!! TRY IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT ALL OF THIS!
Honeywell Cool mist Humidifier and Epoxy

PVC Plumbing part to catch air from humidifier to send to setup

Plastic Delivery Tubes and Plumbing attachments to connecting to humidifiers

Elbow PVC for connecting to inside of setup

Coffee Lid Support for hoses

Glad Ziplock Support which I use and recommend

Side walk sprayer nozzle with spray mister hose glued on it. Notice how the nozzle is only on slightly. Behind that are check valves for the oxygen tubes.

The Auto Misting Sprayer in action!!

The Computer Controlled Watering Misting System Manufactured by NELSON

The Plastic Shelving unit from home dept. Remember we are not adding two shelve so dont worry about height

THE MACHINES LOL

The two 125 Pound 20000PSI Oxygen Tanks

The Oxygen Delivery Tubes

More Delivery Tubes

The Plants at the bottom of the setup for more oxygen (make sure you get tropical plants)

The Finished Product!! TA DA!!

I give this a THUMBS UP!!

I have about 50 more photos that get more detailed as far as oxygen and part installation. If you want me to post just ask.
ENJOY :wink:
Love,
fozi

Edited by fozi (08/03/06 04:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: fozi]
    #5522464 - 04/16/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

awesome dude. but wouldnt it be better to use plain ol' fluors insted of them bright ass suckers(suck up power?)

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: mushboy]
    #5522485 - 04/16/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

the fish are a nice touch btw********

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: mushboy]
    #5522488 - 04/16/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
awesome dude. but wouldnt it be better to use plain ol' fluors insted of them bright ass suckers(suck up power?)

They are only 15 watts each. So not too bad. I haven't had my best luck with plain. I like these. My atmosphere is so so close to real im not sure I can tell the difference heh

Minus the watts issue, do you find plain fluorescent to work better and why? how?
thanks..

thanks for the compliment

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: fozi]
    #5522493 - 04/16/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Nice :thumbup:

I think you'll find  this  quite intersting as well :smirk:

Tc man

Nice tutorial btw

-Gnostic

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #5522534 - 04/16/06 08:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i see.tell you the truth ive never used fluors anyway. you would use natural light???? i dunno imma wierdo like that.

mine with sunlight

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #5522845 - 04/16/06 10:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

nice tutorial, but besides the oxygen tank, i really dont see any major improvements.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #5522901 - 04/16/06 10:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Looks good. The six $50 lights are overkill. One $20 floro would give you enough light.

--------------------

Offlinekoontar
Stranger
Male

#5523018 - 04/16/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Finally everything you need to grow mushrooms in space :p

seriously though nice shit man, gota tell us the difference you get using that oxygen and all that FAE

and tokey666.. your shit gives me bad juju.. gore and mushrooms, nasty business..

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: koontar]
    #5523081 - 04/16/06 11:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'll have to agree with Tokey. Awesome post and great job and explaining the setup. I'd love to see some fruiting pictures.

Edit: Oh, and that auto sprayer looks like its making hella water droplets on the top of your setup. Surely this isn't good?

Edited by Edgekrusher (04/16/06 11:31 PM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5523248 - 04/17/06 01:06 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I like the idea. I'm interested to see the difference with the tank. I have to be honest though I'd ditch the water sprayer if it  is spraying on the shrooms. (or lower it to casing level  :wink: )

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineNuclear_Shroom
Fueled byNITROUS!
 User Gallery

Loc: Saudi Arabia
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: Magash]
    #5523587 - 04/17/06 06:45 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yo man that tutorial is sooooo awesome! Im definetly interested in that honeywell coolmist humidifier! I just might get one!

--------------------
Living the simple life! "Eat, Sleep, Grow, Shroom, and Repeat!"

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: coda]
    #5523771 - 04/17/06 08:34 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
nice tutorial, but besides the oxygen tank, i really dont see any major improvements.

Umm you must not of read the whole thing.. a skim thru will miss a few things..  Major improvements from the original hmm.. well how abouts the automatic misting? automatic refill  of all humidifiers? plastic shelves instead of painted metal, the bulbs instead of regular florescent, the sink drain metal instead of a hole? thats about it..  :thumbup:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #5524139 - 04/17/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

automatic misting can be acheived by running an ultrasonic, thats a feature thats been included in the original martha. Plastic or metal shelves dont matter, using one over the other is not a major improvment. The sink drain thing isn't a major improvement either, its not needed, you can catch all the water with a pan thats bigger then the bottom of the martha.

I saw one line on your autorefill but saw no directions in the tutorial about how to set it up? Oh and not to burst your bubble, but you dont need anything stronger then a 50 watt regular lightbulb for your musrhooms. Mushrooms require very little light to grow, they are phototropic, they dont use light for any other reason except a direction to grow in. Buying 50-60 dollar lights for your mushroom grow is akin to buying 2000 dollar rims for a 1976 ford pinto.

Like i said, its a great write up on how to build a martha, but there's really been no major improvements. Just some cosmetic differences plus the added danger of two (almost pointless) oxygen tanks.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Edited by coda (04/17/06 10:27 AM)

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: coda]
    #5524383 - 04/17/06 11:16 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

well i agree with you on some parts and not on others. As for the oxygen you cant really make that statement unless you have dont the research. I am currently conducting research and have found out some pretty interesting things in regards to mushrooms and oxygen tanks. I have access to a multi meter (detects levels of many types of gas) and other scientific experimentation tools. Your statement kinda reminded me of when they told Einstein that he would never amount to anything with his kind of thinking. Did you know he dropped out of school at a young age? Im glad he didnt listen to people that told him his ideas were pointless :smile:

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5524601 - 04/17/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

No offense fozi, but Coda has done more research than you. you mentioned you have only seen fruits twice in your whole growing experience? What makes you think dropping an ass load of cash and time on something like this is going to make you a better cultivator? Maybe you should consider putting all that time and effort into more research, trial and error as far as actually growing mushrooms, instead of building extravagant set-ups for growing mushrooms.

I have a $12 "table top" greenhouse and a $6 coolmist I got from value village.

Works perfect for everything I need to have excellent results. Less is more in my opinion as far as this hobby goes.

PS. I'm sorry for Flaming here, my apologies

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Edited by diablovt1125 (04/17/06 12:11 PM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #5524771 - 04/17/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fozi said:
Quote:

coda said:
nice tutorial, but besides the oxygen tank, i really don't see any major improvements.

Umm you must not of read the whole thing.. a skim thrwe will miss a few things..  Major improvements from the original hmm.. well how abouts the automatic misting? automatic refill  of all humidifiers? plastic shelves instead of painted metal, the bulbs instead of regular florescent, the sink drain metal instead of a hole? thats about it..  :thumbup:

Ok, I like that people are doing stuff to try and make things better. We need people like this but don't get pissed when people slam your ideas a little. Now lets pick em apart a little.

Automatic misting. With the mister over the shrooms this is a bad idea. Esp during pin formation. For the chamber humidity it is also a drawback there. Water is spryed and then has to evaporate with the ultrasonic it's much faster and generally the air is gonna be much more saturated. Now if you look at the first martha I had the exact same shelves as you do. The thin metal shelves with the rubber coating are thinner and allow more airflow between them and less moisture buildup which drips down on the shelves below .

Now the bulbs    What light and how much of it do those bulbs give off. it's not how bright they are but what spectrum. I tell people to use sun agro floro's cause they are very close in spectrum to natural sunlight.

Now tests with oxygen have been done as far back as 1984 by Stamets when it comes to oxygen and has only been found to help certain species of mushroom cubes not being one of them. But you may come across something and I'm interested to see what happens there.

Now here is one big issue for most people will this version out perform the old one that it justifies the cost. From what you told me it costs as much to make this as to make 13 regular Martha's

Now if ya wanna make one that is way better make some kind of automated temprature control for the chamber.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehambone
nein vollständignude
Male

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: Magash]
    #5524943 - 04/17/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

^ like an old waterbed heat pad-thermostat-thingy.

if you want to continue with the oxygen tank experimentation go for it, but i'd ditch them, sell a few of your lights and buy a nice humidistat to hook up to the ultrasonic. move the mister down to mist the plants at the bottom so you don't have to water them. just suggestions.

also a question - you said you had a meter for measuring gases. what is your oxygen level(%) in the martha as oppose to outside?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #5524966 - 04/17/06 01:19 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fozi said:
well i agree with you on some parts and not on others. As for the oxygen you cant really make that statement unless you have dont the research. I am currently conducting research and have found out some pretty interesting things in regards to mushrooms and oxygen tanks. I have access to a multi meter (detects levels of many types of gas) and other scientific experimentation tools. Your statement kinda reminded me of when they told Einstein that he would never amount to anything with his kind of thinking. Did you know he dropped out of school at a young age? Im glad he didnt listen to people that told him his ideas were pointless :smile:

Look man, im sorry if all you see is the negative in what i post, but i gave you credit for a nice writeup.  One thing we're lacking, now at least, is a solid pictorial of a martha setup.  Posts like these take time and effort to put together and i applaud (and thank) your efforts.  Im sure the rest of the OMC says thanks too, its a bitch to upload pics and structure your post into a readable format on a messageboard.

Now, im sorry if you disagree with me, but i have done my research into this.  I read, and read, and read some more for four years before even purchasing my first spore syringe.  Ive spent more hours on this messageboard then even on the one i admin.  Tacking on items like oxygen tanks, automatic misting systems, and expensive fluro's dont contribute to the grow any more then if you had not used them.  Commercial mushroom growers dont use these things, why should a home hobbyist?

You've made mention of this already, but, oxygen and ANY compressed gas canisters are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.  They offer no real benefits and only add an element of danger to your grow, why risk your life for something that's not going to do anything? 

Keep experimenting man, there's nothing wrong with trying new ideas, but dont get your panties in a bunch when people point out the problems you may have, or the usefullness of your new additions.

thanks again for the writeup man, dont kill yourself with those tanks! :smile:

--------------------

-JG

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

#5525686 - 04/17/06 04:28 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i just wanted to say this isnt a TEK.. thougt it was.. its more of a tutorial.. dont know why i said TEK>. im gonna change it in the title but i am in extreme pain and am contimplating calling 911.. I hurniated a disc in my spine carring a 280pd cyclider of Oxygen up 3 flights of stairs.. not recommended.. excuse the no spell checks in pain.. cant breathe.. not sure why im writing this..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck