Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefozi
PhD inMicrobiology &MolecularGenetics
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Crab Nebula (over Phi...
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: fozi]
    #5525686 - 04/17/06 06:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i just wanted to say this isnt a TEK.. thougt it was.. its more of a tutorial.. dont know why i said TEK>. im gonna change it in the title but i am in extreme pain and am contimplating calling 911.. I hurniated a disc in my spine carring a 280pd cyclider of Oxygen up 3 flights of stairs.. not recommended.. excuse the no spell checks in pain.. cant breathe.. not sure why im writing this..

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: fozi]
    #5526322 - 04/17/06 08:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

nice setup.
just seems a little overboard for me.

you could have obtained the same results with doing a basic martha, could you not?

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5526399 - 04/17/06 09:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good and very professional bro, but until I see some fruiting pics, I wouldn't call it a success yet.

Hope your back is OK bro. Next time remember, oxygen is plentiful and free. No need to carry it up 3 flights of stairs.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

#5526417 - 04/17/06 09:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

nice work. But I do agree with the above.....it might be a little overboard. Personally I think you could accomplish the same things in your martha for about 1/10th the cost, IMO.

Anyways, good job. Post some pics when those casings fruit!

InvisibleFooManM
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: StainBlue]
    #5526435 - 04/17/06 09:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StainBlue said:
nice work.    But I do agree with the above.....it might be a little overboard. Personally I think you could accomplish the same things in your martha for about 1/10th the cost, IMO.

You could have done a couple mono or double tubs for even less.

I'm not going to criticize anymore though. :smirk:

Nice setup, great writeup and be careful with those oxygen tanks! :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: FooMan]
    #5526976 - 04/17/06 11:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think it looks pretty cool :thumbup: and a nice write up.

I would have put a little more effort into filling it up though,lol

:grin:

A little overkill for me. I'd never use an oxygen tank .

Fill it up and take it for a test drive. That's were the proof will come from. :wink:

Good Luck :thumbup:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineStopGo
NothinShakin.....
Male

Loc: A Long Stange Trip
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: HippieChick]
    #5528628 - 04/18/06 10:46 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

HC, it seems like everytime I see one of your pics theres a little hint of the green! lol

--------------------

Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

#5528674 - 04/18/06 11:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It is nice of you to write up your setup. Don't let negative comments get you down, see them as constructive criticism, which is how they are intended.

What you really need to do now is tell us your results.
I w/b huffing that o2 after hauling it up stairs.

Another possibility is to cut down on contam issues by reducing your FAE by slowly dripping O2 into the chamber. With less air exchange you can reduce the water you add too. make sense?

gl and thanks

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: coda]
    #5536677 - 04/20/06 09:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

fozi said:
well i agree with you on some parts and not on others. As for the oxygen you cant really make that statement unless you have dont the research. I am currently conducting research and have found out some pretty interesting things in regards to mushrooms and oxygen tanks. I have access to a multi meter (detects levels of many types of gas) and other scientific experimentation tools. Your statement kinda reminded me of when they told Einstein that he would never amount to anything with his kind of thinking. Did you know he dropped out of school at a young age? Im glad he didnt listen to people that told him his ideas were pointless :smile:

Look man, im sorry if all you see is the negative in what i post, but i gave you credit for a nice writeup.  One thing we're lacking, now at least, is a solid pictorial of a martha setup.  Posts like these take time and effort to put together and i applaud (and thank) your efforts.  Im sure the rest of the OMC says thanks too, its a bitch to upload pics and structure your post into a readable format on a messageboard.

Now, im sorry if you disagree with me, but i have done my research into this.  I read, and read, and read some more for four years before even purchasing my first spore syringe.  Ive spent more hours on this messageboard then even on the one i admin.  Tacking on items like oxygen tanks, automatic misting systems, and expensive fluro's dont contribute to the grow any more then if you had not used them.  Commercial mushroom growers dont use these things, why should a home hobbyist?

You've made mention of this already, but, oxygen and ANY compressed gas canisters are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.  They offer no real benefits and only add an element of danger to your grow, why risk your life for something that's not going to do anything? 

Keep experimenting man, there's nothing wrong with trying new ideas, but dont get your panties in a bunch when people point out the problems you may have, or the usefullness of your new additions.

thanks again for the writeup man, dont kill yourself with those tanks! :smile:

no I totally agree with you..and thank you for dealing with my stubborness :smile:

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

#5623796 - 05/13/06 05:52 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey dude I hope your back is OK .

--------------------
The ineffable is not always intangible !

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: Mirth]
    #5695770 - 05/31/06 07:08 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

here are some grows from this.. had bettter ones but didnt have camera

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #5695945 - 05/31/06 08:07 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

Hey what's up Fozi

Put the foil on the outside of the container. Should you suspect a casing of having a contam you can lift it out of the foil and look and see it before it gets to the surface of the casing. Once you see green it usually means doom.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: Magash]
    #5696110 - 05/31/06 08:54 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

I love the enthusiasm and mechanical aptitude! FYI O2 was not necessary, to many newbies think oxygen is vital which is not the case at all. Although oxygen is essential for growth more important is nitrogen but what is most essential here is fresh ambient air exchanges nothing elaborate. Also lighting is a bit on the overkill side. The automated misting is a nice touch I have seen misters that produce a very fine mist similar to a heavy fog. All in all this is an example of the opposite of KISS. I love it!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinefozi
Male User Gallery

Re: My ADVANCED MARTHA TEK with Oxygen Tank- Auto Misting- Fully Automated PICS!! [Re: hyphae]
    #5699003 - 06/01/06 12:12 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

yea.. hyphae.. this is an old post.. ive since taken out the oxygen, mister, and only using one light.. just wanted to show the grow pics.. its odd too.. my second flush is fuller than my 1st

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #5699163 - 06/01/06 01:25 PM (15 years, 18 days ago)

That is often the case and not uncommon at all. TC bro

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation