Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSplat
Deviant
Loc: Santa Cruz CA
Slow colonizing in grow bags........
    #552030 - 02/14/02 11:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so I did PF tek on half pint jars... they colonized quick.... then I sterilized bags of ryegrass with millet and ploped the jars into the bags... broke up the cakes and let sit... they seem to be colonizing... but VERY SLOWLY.. is this noramal... its my first time with bags... any tips?

Oh jah... they are teh filterpatch bags... dont seem to moist or anything.. how long does that shite take? thanks...

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSplat
Deviant
Re: Slow colonizing in grow bags........ [Re: Splat]
    #556000 - 02/19/02 05:14 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm no one replied hu??

Was it the typo's? I thouroughly appologize if so. Doesnt anyone kno about colonizing speeds in growth bags? Someones got to know about the moisture and shaking amounts etc. Gimme some spawn info!!!!

--------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

OfflineSplat
Deviant
Ye hawwwwwwww [Re: Splat]
    #556001 - 02/19/02 05:15 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Gimme gimme your minds...

--------------------

Edited by Splat (02/19/02 05:15 AM)

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #556023 - 02/19/02 06:18 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What the hell? Don't paste a message asking if anyone heard you
You waited 3 days from your initial post. Do you realize people may not read this board every 3 days?

I tried 3 bulk bags, and they took roughly twice as long to colonize 6cups rye:6 cups water, than it did to colonize just over 1 cup rye in a quart jar

Mind you, these were both from agar.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #556097 - 02/19/02 09:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It might take a bit for the mycelium to "learn" how to eat millet and ryegrass if they are used to something else. Also, make sure there is nothing blocking the way for gases to get to the filter patch. My friend folded the bags over her first time, not thinking, and they all stalled. Because you have more bulk in the bags the temperature will be higher (more mycelium to produce heat in a confined space). Make sure you aren't over heating as excess heat can really slow down the growth rate. You can also gently shake the bags up to spread the mycelium that you do have around to the areas that aren't growing.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSplat
Deviant
Re: Slow colonizing in grow bags........ [Re: Seuss]
    #556731 - 02/19/02 08:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm.. ya good advise...

Hopefully they will just take off soon... sorry about being anal... I wasnt sure how long it would take for replys....

thanks again.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies