Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineduduklu_tencere
starnger
Male

Loc: istanbul
full moon effects on fungi?
    #5518190 - 04/15/06 09:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

few days ago i was looking at moon phases calendar and realised that i inoculated on full moon at night,and prepared the substrate at full moon again,and i will case them again in full moon...whenever they colonise i don't care :smile:)

do you know any scientific stories about moon phases and mushrooms?well...it's 90% water :smile:)))

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: full moon effects on fungi? [Re: duduklu_tencere]
    #5518199 - 04/15/06 09:41 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

>well...it's 90% water

And? My glass of water is 100% water, and I yet have to see that the water jumps out of the glass at full moon....

Seriously though, I don't think so.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #5518201 - 04/15/06 09:42 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

mushrooms have been consumed on a full moon since the dawn of man :tongue:

i'm pretty sure there ain't much sense behind what you're trying to say but a full moon is always nice :wink:
(excelent raves on a full moon too)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblebartak59
KOWALSKI

Loc: Bomba Shack
Re: full moon effects on fungi? [Re: Simisu]
    #5518627 - 04/15/06 01:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

dont know about the scientific part, but there's a bar in Tortola (Beef Island) in the british virgin islands called the Bomba Shack. (Notice my "location"). every full moon they have a "Full moon party" and prepare a big vat of mushroom tea for the patrons to drink. Not sure how that came to be though, and why they do it for full moons.

The mushrooms for the tea are actually found locally on the island, usually after very heavy rains.

Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5518886 - 04/15/06 02:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The moon phase and sign actually do contribute markedly to environmental growing conditions. This refers mostly to gardening when starting vegetable/herb seeds in soil, but the moons positions does regulate available moisture and density within a medium. When the moon is waxing soil is expansive, and more moisture is available, also the moon cycles through fruitful signs (Cancer, Libra) good for growth, and reductive barren signs (gemini,Leo) good for pruning and weeding. I have tried a few experiments with starting seeds on a fruitful sign and expansive phase and they definitely seemed to have more momentum than usual. Not sure how all this exactly relates to fungal growth, but in an energetic sense all living things are affected by the moons cycles, most of us humans are just tuned out of the natural rhythms of the earth. Just another level of grower awareness if you have the time! Check out a book called Gardening with the moon for more info.....not sure of the authors, sure its on amazon or some bookseller-

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
Re: full moon effects on fungi? [Re: deva1]
    #5519486 - 04/15/06 11:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i wonce read a study about ER's at full moon. something like 4 times more busy on those nights over teh period of a year. id say its fairly hard to argue those numbers. ive noticed people drive like idiots on full moon nights aswell. mayeb thats just beucase i read the study though. anyhoo way more people get stabbled shot and in major car accidents drinking driving and fights whatever. so im not going to discount the moon. however i have no idea about how this transfers to myc. and mushrooms? should i not be doing multispores during teh full moon will they fightm more haha?

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5519525 - 04/16/06 12:01 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, even in the Mushroom Cultivator, it is stated that them mushrooms fruiting cycle follows the phases of the moon. Don't let ANYONE tell you that your thinking nonsense. Don't let ANYONE limit the bounds of your thoughts. Narrow-minded thinking really pisses me off. I remember a good quote I once read, "don't be so tolerant that you become tolerant of intolerance."

The power of the moon is blatantly obvious, most western humans are just so self absorbed that they have become blind to their environment.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains