Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: Dhaze]
    #5537760 - 04/20/06 01:21 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It's cool they use things from all the previous albums, all the way back to Opiate . But they still manage to make it something completely different! :laugh:

--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: Wysefool]
    #5539749 - 04/21/06 12:19 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

listening to the cd for the first time right now. so far i thought vicious was kind of basic, 2nd track was kind of rocking, i'm really liking wings for marie.

i'm same as the other person, takes me a while for new tool to grow on me.

i don't smoke or do DXM anymore but i think it may be time to bust them out to fully explore this tool cd.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: ajna]
    #5541430 - 04/21/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I am unsure about this album. Tool is about my "favorite band", if I have one, but I expected a lot more. I am not sure what I expected, but I know it was more after waiting years. I will give it more time.

Jambi  :thumbup:
Right In Two  :thumbup:

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: bukkake]
    #5541868 - 04/21/06 06:15 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I heard vicarious a few days ago and didn't think it was that great. I was scared the rest of the album was like that and, that would have been pretty disappointing. I've listened to the whole thing now and it is amazing, truly brilliant. Totaly worth the wait.

--------------------

Offlinetriple_
Mushroom!Mushroom!
Male
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: Cloud9]
    #5542099 - 04/21/06 07:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I got the album yesterday and I think it's pretty damn good so far. I'm yet to really sit back and listen to it yet though. Once I get some more mushrooms, I'll have to chill out for a night with this CD. Can't wait :smile:

OfflineDhaze
Stranger
    #5547298 - 04/23/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Finally got to hear it...WOW. A 60's/psychadelic version of TOOL.

Not the direction I was expecting,especially after hearing vicarious, but damn, Im impressed. I can see how some people might not like it, but come on, give it some more listens, theres a lot there, definately more than you can here in one listen. You can hear a little bit of every Tool album in there, but Aenima probably is the closest comparison.

Jambi-Great track, great sound.

10,000 Days-Damn...it really is disposition/reflection/triad rolled into one track. Defnately up there with pushit and lateralus. I dont see how anyone can overlook this track.

Right in Two-Another great track.

The only complaint I really have is the ordering of the tracks, seems like it shouldve been different, not a huge deal though.

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #5547350 - 04/23/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

All the wait for this shitty album... its very upsetting.. A few songs are okay...

--------------------
:sporedrop:

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#5547727 - 04/23/06 03:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

All I need to say is I listened to the whole cd for the first time with my mouth open. Very different emotions. I think Tool has evolved yet again.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineOverSoul
Stranger
Male

Loc: Maine
    #5547743 - 04/23/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I am a VERY hardcore Tool fan since the Undertow days. My opinion is that Maynard carried the emotion of his side projects into the new album way too much. Don't get me wrong, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer kick ass, but not on a Tool album. Plus, the lyrics on 1/2 of the songs are a joke.

Lateralus definitely wins over 10,000 Days, as does Aenima. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole album is an elaborate hoax. Think about Vicarious, the first single. Vicarious means one thing in place of something else (basically), and all the lyrics pretty much tell us that it is all bullshit.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: OverSoul]
    #5551953 - 04/24/06 06:36 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole album is an elaborate hoax.

LOL, a guy in another post thought it was a hoax because "tool would never name the cd 10,000 days"

I don't think you guys should listen with such firm expectations. I was a actually a little disappointed on my first listen because, deep down, I wanted another aenima. The reality is tool has been playing more ambient, emotional stuff since at least the lateralus tour..and its still good shit.

I took another listen under "different" circumstances, loud, with quality headphones and...wow. Both Adam and Justin are using improved tones compared to lateralus. I think Adam has been playing with a new combination of amps and it sounds great. They are really capturing that massive "auditorium feel". Maynard is experimenting a lot more with his singing and moving forward with the chanting, monotone-style vocals that he really developed mostly during lateralus and the following tour. Jones is experimenting more with single string loud riffs, probably because he has more amp power now.

Here is the real problem. We have to rely on just a single band or a few bands for our tripped-out, psychedelic godliness that when they want to come out with a chill cd, there is nothing else to turn to for psychedelic shit that rocks as good as tool. That is a bit disappointing.

They are evolving and they are still amazing. Give it a few more full spins.

Edited by Catalysis (04/24/06 07:14 PM)

OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: Catalysis]
    #5553206 - 04/24/06 10:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Catalysis said:
Here is the real problem. We have to rely on just a single band or a few bands for our tripped-out, psychedelic godliness that when they want to come out with a chill cd, there is nothing else to turn to for psychedelic shit that rocks as good as tool. That is a bit disappointing.

Tool rocks, no doubt, but to say that there is nothing else to turn to is a bit extreme. I definitely recommend King Crimson for some good trip-rock, especially The Power to Believe album. In fact, 10,000 Days was produced by a member of King Crimson, go figure.

------------------------------

At first, I was disappointed by 10,000 Days, I found it somewhat boring. However, I just kept listening to it, and it is something great. The theme of the album seems to be "death", and the songs seems to come in pairs in relation to this theme, with each pair approaching it differently. Its dark, its uplifting, its rocking, its mellow, its all-around great. And being a fan of Pink Floyd and King Crimson, 10,000 Days is definitely a great contribution to the genre that some like to call progressive rock. Take it for what it is.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: Darcho]
    #5553990 - 04/25/06 04:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Carries his emotions too much? Have you been paying attention to the last few albums? It's fair enough that you don't like the new album, but this seems like a stupid reason to dislike it.
I've heard the new album quite a few times, even had a smoking session with some buddies and cranked it up. I have to say, I LOVE IT. I have pre ordered it, but it's good to hear it earlier. If this is the leaked album, I'd still keep it as well. But the whole hoax thing sounds far fetched. I personally don't think they'd just record a decoy on purpose (we will see on May 2nd). But after the last album release, I can't say I blame people for thinking this. The difference though is that last time only fake titles were released, and the mp3s floating around were just some guy playing boring guitar instrumentals.

Edited by Sheepish (04/26/06 03:03 AM)

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: Sheepish]
    #5556129 - 04/25/06 07:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

it's good, but i did expect more. some of the songs do live up to it in some parts but i realy did expect more. but the last few days i've been thinking there realy might be another album in the near future ( a few years maybe ). i remember reading about them talking about the album a year ago or more and saying it was the greatest piece of music they had ever made, and this CD is definetly not that. salival came between aenema and lateralus and i think this is the same thing, a between album. not all of them can be unbelievable and mindblowing.

--------------------

Offlineqwertyytrewq
Stranger

Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: OverSoul]
    #5561108 - 04/26/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OverSoul said:
I am a VERY hardcore Tool fan since the Undertow days. My opinion is that Maynard carried the emotion of his side projects into the new album way too much. Don't get me wrong, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer kick ass, but not on a Tool album. Plus, the lyrics on 1/2 of the songs are a joke.

Lateralus definitely wins over 10,000 Days, as does Aenima. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole album is an elaborate hoax. Think about Vicarious, the first single. Vicarious means one thing in place of something else (basically), and all the lyrics pretty much tell us that it is all bullshit.

The definition of vicarious is obviously relative to the song. I doubt it has anything to do with some representation of it being a "hoax".

vi?car?i?ous Audio pronunciation of "vicarious" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-k?r-s, -kr-, v-)
adj.

1. Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another: read about mountain climbing and experienced vicarious thrills.
2. Endured or done by one person substituting for another: vicarious punishment.

Vicarious - Tool

Eye on the the TV
'Cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor it happens to be, like...
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used a poison
in his tea...kissed him goodbye"
THAT'S my kind of story
It's no fun 'til someone dies

Don't look at me like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie

While the mother holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky crying,
"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
YOU ALL NEED IT TOO, DON'T LIE

Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
Neither the brave nor bold
ARE RIGHT as the story's told
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing

I need to watch things die... from a good safe distance
You all feel the same, so...

Blood like rain falling down
DRUM ON brave and proud

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and Voyuer
Stare at the TRANSMITTAL
Sing to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la-la-lie (x4)

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men
But pull your head on out
YOUR HEAD PLEASE, and give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile, so impersonal
Devour to survive... so it is, so it's always been

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Much better you than I

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: qwertyytrewq]
    #5561155 - 04/26/06 11:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If you've been listening to the leaked album and heard the track "Intension", playing it backwards results in Maynard saying "Work hard, stay in school, listen to your mother. Your father is right." This happens about 6 minutes into the track if you're playing it backwards.

The proof is here -> http://www.myspace.com/zeitgeistfm

Just a tidbit of info I found interesting

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: New Tool Single Leaked [Re: SuperD]
    #5563481 - 04/27/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
If you've been listening to the leaked album and heard the track "Intension", playing it backwards results in Maynard saying "Work hard, stay in school, listen to your mother. Your father is right." This happens about 6 minutes into the track if you're playing it backwards.

The proof is here -> http://www.myspace.com/zeitgeistfm

Just a tidbit of info I found interesting

strange

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#5564201 - 04/27/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think Im starting to get the concept of this album.

Its back to darker stuff but totally different from the older tool. The old tool was about anger directed towards other people and society for the shit they do. This album is all about apathy and anger at the self for being a part of it. There are at least three tracks about the darker side of drugs while "Right in two" and "vicarious" are both about apathy to human nature. There is an overtone to the whole album about giving in to insurmountable odds.

I am starting to really dig this album, lyrically and musically, and I think it sets them up for limitless possible directions in the future.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder