Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineallen70
Stranger
Male
Newbie questions about oven-bag tek
    #5512221 - 04/13/06 12:37 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

What's up everyone? So i'm a newbie and have been reading everything for the past week or so. I wanted to start with the PF tek, but i want to do like 40 jars or more so i decided jars would be a lil difficult. I also don't have a pressure cooker.
I'm trying to find an easy tek for semi-bulk growing. I can't think of any ways with the .5 pint jars, but if you know any please tell.
I was also reading about Hip's ovenbag tek where you put the brf and vermiculite in the bag, cook it, then inoculate and let grow. Is it as simple as it sounds? Will anyone with experience doing this tek just leave some pointers. How much extra water should i put? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinehIgHdRoLoVeR
delete this user
Male
Re: Newbie questions about oven-bag tek [Re: allen70]
    #5512238 - 04/13/06 12:43 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

you could use 1qt or larger microwaveable containers with lids and make really huge cakes...just poke some holes in the lid where you would inoculate and cover the holes with micropore tape (search for microwave sterilize since i dont know much about this tek)...and inoculate them. i did something similar except i used a glass bowl with an aluminum foil top...did brf/verm substrate and inoculated...took a couple months for it to fruit but i got some rather large shrooms off of it...probably 2oz dry out of 3 flushes....had to keep knockin it up with water...
now that im done ramblin...i suggest you invest the $80 in a pc...itll pay for itself after a use or 2
walmart pc

--------------------
hIgHdRoLoVeR
Loving all things hydro since 1989.
http://www.gardenscure.com/420/index.php
the place to go for (medical) marijuana cultivation advice
World of Warcrack...My anti-job!

Edited by hIgHdRoLoVeR (04/13/06 12:45 PM)

Offlineallen70
Stranger
Male
Re: Newbie questions about oven-bag tek [Re: hIgHdRoLoVeR]
    #5512275 - 04/13/06 01:03 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks a lot for reminding me of that. Iwas thinking of that one too, but I'm thinking of so many things I forget what i was thinking about a second ago. I'm real excited about starting. The main problem is sterilization of the substrate, since there will be so much of it. I think ill look more into the microwave sterilizations and do what you said. I just need to find a size that will colonize fairly quickly. Im thinking of just making a lot of medium sizes instead of a few bigs ones. Thanks Any of help is appreciated.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate