Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
my LC stalled
    #5504629 - 04/11/06 07:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i made a an LC and innoc with a spore syringe i made. after about 3 days i had a tiny little puff of myc. its been about a week and theres still only that one puff of myc.

its 150ml of water with 1/2 teaspoon of light karo. is that too little karo? if so can i sterilize some more karo/water mixture and inject it?

if thats not the problem, what could it be?

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
Re: my LC stalled [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5504658 - 04/11/06 08:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well its supposed to be 1 teaspoon for each 100 ml. so yeah you could make a new karo and make it a little rich but it should still colonize. does you jar have air exchange? that could be your problem. check out the airport teks that should fix it

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

Edited by JSshroom (04/11/06 08:06 PM)

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: my LC stalled [Re: JSshroom]
    #5504766 - 04/11/06 08:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm siding on the air exchange factor as well.

You're solution should be fine. Make sure it has air exchange.

If it doesn't. Make a hole(using sterile techniques), cover with micropore tape.

Agitate the mixture to airate(spelling?).

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: my LC stalled [Re: cappa]
    #5504851 - 04/11/06 08:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

mkay. im doing baby bottle tek, so its just the nipple (hehe nipple) which would have little or no air exchange.

ill do the syringe polyfil airport thingy and see if thats enough.

--------------------

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
    #5505132 - 04/11/06 09:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5505153 - 04/11/06 09:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree about the air exchange... you really think that tiny little puff consumed all the available air in there already? Guessing its an 8oz bottle? There's almost 100ml of air in there then. I've seen LC's with less air in the jar and had them completely sealed off and had them grow out pretty well. A week isn't long... I wouldn't screw with it just yet. Give it a good shake and try and break up the little puff into a few pieces, make sure its incubating at correct temps like you would otherwise, and give it some time. Don't forget that water itself contains "dissolved" oxygen and thats where the myc is drawing it from. Gas exchange only really happens when the air at the top is exchanged, and you shake it up to get more oxygen into the water.

Your mix is a little on the light side with 1/2tsp to that much water, but think about it, there's still 1/2tsp of nutes in there, there's no way thats all been consumed either.

What strain is it? I've only seen LCs with 3 different strains but I notice slight differences in the appearances of the myc and rate with which they grow... the point you're at now it might not be stalled but growing slowly to the point where it looks about the same when you check in on it, but hang in there, its probably alright!

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: my LC stalled [Re: creamcorn]
    #5505338 - 04/11/06 10:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

ive made 2 lc of PESA strain and both grew differently, but by one week they had signifigant growth. this one began growing normally, within a few days of innoc, but has stopped growing. naturally i assume its stalled. the other 2 lc i did were baby bottle tek which is easy and fast, and ive never had air exchange probs.

i figured i may have used to little karo, but i just needed confirmation. i made an airport from a syring and some polyfil so well see if that works.

this one is a new strain for me, and the myc growth is already pretty different looking that the other LCs ive made. anyways, ill see if the airport gets it going after a few more days. if not ill put a little more karo in there.

btw the little myc puff is too small to be broken up.

--------------------

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
    #5505755 - 04/11/06 11:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i think just putting in moore kero would cause contamage. unless of course if you make some fairly opten karo water up and PC it for 20 mins or keep it super hot in the nuker for about teh same time. then suck it up into a syringe let cool and then inject into your stalled LC. unless you were talking about more karo next time.
gl

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: my LC stalled *DELETED* [Re: skeletor]
    #5505795 - 04/11/06 11:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by cappa

Reason for deletion: Yes, I was buzzed and didn't do the math correctly.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

OfflineJSshroom

#5507980 - 04/12/06 02:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thats too much time in the wave. what I do is nuke the water till it boils and then add karo. In this case youll want to add a lot to make a thick mix to adjust the amount in the baby bottle. then put in the Lysol sprayed out wave<make sure it has dried and aired out some> jar 1/4 to 1/2 turn and nuke till it boils then turn to defrost. I have nuked it for as little as 15 minutes total wave time and had darkened Karo mix from overcooking. Just experiment to find out what works. It does not take long to do since you just dump it out and start over if its fried. Then do not open the wave and allow to cool inside. Spray air with lysol and reach in and tighten lid. Some people stick it in the freezer but you would have to do it with a plastic container or it would crack. This is a patience game to as sometimes it wants to grow and sometimes Not.

--------------------

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: my LC stalled [Re: JSshroom]
    #5511667 - 04/13/06 11:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

ok i got more air in there by using a syring stuffed with polyfil. its been 3 days and theres no more growth. this leads me to believe there are 2 possibilities:

1) there isnt enough karo (highly probable)
2) perhaps there arent enogh spores?

ive still got one single puff of myc and its tiny. any ideas?

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5511822 - 04/13/06 12:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I still dont think gas exchange is a problem, the air at the top of your bottle has little to do with whats going on inside the liquid anyway, it very slowly diffuses in and out at the surface. You can speed that up by shaking it around if you can. I know you already mentioned it wasn't likely you'd be able to break up the little bit of myc but shaking it is still good to aerate. I do so 3-4 times a day but then again I'm obsessive. :-)

I still don't think not enough karo is the problem either. That could cause stalling later when theres more myc and no nutes left, but there's no way its all been used up yet. It didn't go anywhere, think of how much you put in... its all there either still in its original form, or metabolized and been "turned into" myc. it obviously wasn't so dilute that no myc could process it, since some did. you might want to try holding it at room temp instead of incubating it also. for every few degrees in temp water drops, its ability for gases to permeate rises quite a bit.

Few possibilities left:
- you have a bacteria contam you can't see, is preventing the myc from going further. notice any smells when you were playing around with the syringe?
- theres probably enough spores... even a few drops from a shaken syringe contains hundreds if not thousands. unless they got stuck to the side of the bottle above the LC, but again a good shaking up might help there. if you have spores, don't add them to a doomed bottle, start again (i hope this is obvious)
- perhaps the type of water you used had something to do with it. i've heard success with just about anything wet so its a long shot, but if you used tap water that could be part of a problem.
- maybe you got really unlucky and only a few spores germinated, and they possibly had bad genetics and simply died off on you after going a little bit. think nature, people, animals, plants, what have you all die of natural causes at different times, its usually unlikely if you're dumping thousands of spores in there that some of them wont make it but i guess it can happen.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: my LC stalled [Re: creamcorn]
    #5511896 - 04/13/06 12:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:
I still dont think gas exchange is a problem, the air at the top of your bottle has little to do with whats going on inside the liquid anyway, it very slowly diffuses in and out at the surface. You can speed that up by shaking it around if you can. I know you already mentioned it wasn't likely you'd be able to break up the little bit of myc but shaking it is still good to aerate. I do so 3-4 times a day but then again I'm obsessive. :-)

I still don't think not enough karo is the problem either. That could cause stalling later when theres more myc and no nutes left, but there's no way its all been used up yet. It didn't go anywhere, think of how much you put in... its all there either still in its original form, or metabolized and been "turned into" myc. it obviously wasn't so dilute that no myc could process it, since some did. you might want to try holding it at room temp instead of incubating it also. for every few degrees in temp water drops, its ability for gases to permeate rises quite a bit.

Few possibilities left:
- you have a bacteria contam you can't see, is preventing the myc from going further. notice any smells when you were playing around with the syringe?
- theres probably enough spores... even a few drops from a shaken syringe contains hundreds if not thousands. unless they got stuck to the side of the bottle above the LC, but again a good shaking up might help there. if you have spores, don't add them to a doomed bottle, start again (i hope this is obvious)
- perhaps the type of water you used had something to do with it. i've heard success with just about anything wet so its a long shot, but if you used tap water that could be part of a problem.
- maybe you got really unlucky and only a few spores germinated, and they possibly had bad genetics and simply died off on you after going a little bit. think nature, people, animals, plants, what have you all die of natural causes at different times, its usually unlikely if you're dumping thousands of spores in there that some of them wont make it but i guess it can happen.

what you say makes a lot of sense. the best thing to do i think then, is to make a new LC and give it another shot. ill leave this one for a week more and see what happens. plus making a new on is an excuse to use my new PC : )

--------------------

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5512040 - 04/13/06 01:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It's only been 6 days right? Ya start a new one and leave this one, my money is on it coming back, if it doesn't, then I'd guess contam.

I do 1 tsp karo/1 cup water. Which is like 2.2 percent or something. Has worked fine for me.

--------------------
~Cappa.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
    #5512065 - 04/13/06 01:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

this is my first attempt with karo. my other lc have been with honey, but we ran out so i figured i get karo. this upcoming lc ill do a tsp of karo to the 150ml of water that the baby bottle holds. im using the lc to get a new strain i got going. its from a print that i traded, so i may have screwed up making the syringe or perhaps the print was messed up or something.

--------------------

OfflineJSshroom

#5512157 - 04/13/06 02:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hippiechick recorded un aerated LC's colonizing at 20+ days. some over a month before they were fully ready. Just let that one sit as an experiment. its not taking up much space, then again if it is colonizing that slow it might be interested to knock up a jar and see if it colonizes super slow. that would be a way to see if its undesirable genetics

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder