Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
That powerful word: LOVE
    #550441 - 02/13/02 06:45 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Does anybody else have a really hard time saying the phrase I love to anybody. I Personally find that word so strong, and so scary. I find that word so scary that I do not even say it to my parents. I always say I love to you my dog though

Ps-I do not have a girlfriend nor am I debating saying the phrase I love you to anyone soon. just a general question.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #550462 - 02/13/02 07:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I can honestly say that I am full of love. I have no problem telling people that I love them. I find it easy to love others for some reason. It is a trait that I belive I was born with, and I don't think it will ever go away. I've always felt comfortable enough with myself to be completely vulnerable with people that are comfortable with me. Love is the best thing that I have ever experienced in my life, and I'm not saying that because I am in a brand new relationship or anything. I usually find something to love in most people that I meet as a matter of fact. I hope that this is informative to you, and answered your questions. by the way, what makes you able to say" I love you" to your dog, but no one else?

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #550636 - 02/13/02 10:21 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The only person I can really tell that I love is my girlfriend of 4 years. I've never been able to tell my parents or other family that I loved them without feeling as if it were somewhat forced. I could never tell anyone else that I loved them, 'cuz well I don't, and probably won't. I hold strong contempt for the bulk of mankind. I don't know why, I just do.

In other relationships if it ever came up I'd come up with ways to make it seem like I was saying it or feeling it without ever really.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: MentalHygene]
    #550674 - 02/13/02 11:06 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I also feel that I am able to love easily. I constantly find things and people that I love, but I rarely ever say it to them though. Its kind of hard in this emotion-phobia society. A guy that is constantly telling other guys that he loves them quickly gets a reputation. Most people don't understand that there are more kinds of love than just sexual love.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #550684 - 02/13/02 11:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

fear of rejection is the real clamper on it, sometimes you have to take the risk - the leap of faith. love is contagious, it's spread to others by those who have it, real tribal. finding that special somebody who gets your heart throbbin' is a definately healthy thing for love, it extends it everywhere. peace/cj

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #550897 - 02/14/02 04:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I dont have a problem telling my brothers and sisters or my Mum that I love them, but me and my dad have really big arguments and he is really mean to me so even though deep down I love him I often find it hard to say so .
Saying that I love my male friends is not easy but I try to show them with my actions - shit that sounded gay hahaha .

I have no problem telling my girlfriend I love her .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

InvisibleZylo
journeyman
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: Food]
    #550902 - 02/14/02 04:59 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yea man, you can't really tell your guy friends you love them. If one of my friends walked up to me, and looked me straight in the eye, and seriously told me that he loved me, I'd probably take a swipe at him.

(This is what society has done to us males)

Edited by Zylo (02/14/02 04:59 AM)

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: Zylo]
    #551137 - 02/14/02 10:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i doubt youd take a swipe at him if you were peaking off some mdma... why would you want to hit one of your friends anyways if he said he cared about you that much... if your a homophobic, just cause he loves ya doesnt mean hes a homo.. why let the weakminded pricks that believe in society make you think like that..

Edited by ekomstop (02/14/02 10:54 AM)

Anonymous

#551160 - 02/14/02 11:13 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

One of my ex-girlfriends hated the way I could just throw around the word love. One time I gave a bum some change... he put his hand on my head and said "God loves people like you." So I gave him a hug and told him I loved him too. She actually got pissed at me and ruined the rest of my day...

But anyway, I love everybody... just on a different level.

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: Anonymous]
    #551292 - 02/14/02 01:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I had an ex-girlfriend exactly like that!!!!! bitch! I guess I have no love for her huh? Anyway, Love has all of a sudden become a super sexual phrase. I do love my best friends, but that doesn't mean that I am secretly wanting to get them into bed! We have told each other this, mainly on mdma, and shrooms, but also during rough times. I guess that is also why we have a stronger friendship then most! oh well I'll shut up now. call me gay if you want, I could give the first shit!

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: MentalHygene]
    #551849 - 02/14/02 09:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I had an ex-girlfriend exactly like that!!!!! bitch! I guess I have no love for her huh? Anyway, Love has all of a sudden become a super sexual phrase. I do love my best friends, but that doesn't mean that I am secretly wanting to get them into bed! We have told each other this, mainly on mdma, and shrooms, but also during rough times. I guess that is also why we have a stronger friendship then most! oh well I'll shut up now. call me gay if you want, I could give the first shit!

Well well well.. How Freud-ish. :wink:

About weeman:  Go figure.  I don't understand some of them.  I have the worst timing:

"Oh, I have a bf."
*Doh!

"Oh, I just broke up an 8-year relationship.  Not ready for anything right now"
*Next thing I know, she's jumps into a relationship with a boy 6 years her junior.  Breaks that up, gets into another with an older guy.... And yeah!

"Oh, but you're a guy!"
*The humanity!

"I'll pay you to be my BF!"
*I'm not a GIGGOLO!

"You're just too good for me!"
*Errr...... o.O

Love is grand..
ArCh

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #552201 - 02/15/02 04:05 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Jonnyshaggs420, sounds like we have a very similar mindset on this topic. I especially know what you mean when here-
<

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Re: That powerful word: LOVE [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #552202 - 02/15/02 04:06 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It is not all a fear of regection though, because I do not fear that my parents would not say it back, i just feel uncomfortable saying it to them.

--------------------

Ken Kesey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag