Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCanisdormit
journeyman
FINALLY!?
    #550696 - 02/13/02 11:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it took frickin long enough!

An elephant on Mars noticed that his casing is FINALLY starting to do something.
He has Mexicana (cased 9 days ago) that's starting to show some growth.  The mycileum is just starting to peak through in a few spots.  Does it normally take this long?  He sprayed the inside of the terrarium with lotsa Lysol about an hour before putting everything in there.  Could this account for the slowed growth (it still smelled like Lysol a few days afterward, but now is showing no sign of contamination)?

The elephant's casing was placed so that part of it is exposed throughout (like looking at a cross-section of the casing).  He noticed that there's about 1/2 inch of standing water at the very bottom of the casing.  Should he try to remove this excess H2O of just leave it be?

What percentage of the casing, by surface visual estimate, should be covered with mycileum before inducing pining?

If using a 35 gallon terrarium, would airing it out 3 times a day work ok?

Also, the elephant has noticed that the plexi-glass lid has been warping very badly.  It's 1/8 inch thick.  Would a piece that's 1/2" thick work better or would it warp too?

Stuff the elephant has noticed that others may find helpfull:
Plummers putty works great on any spot where air is leaking in/out.  It's waterproof and it doesn't ever dry. 
If you wanna get blasted, do it AFTER you mix your casing stuff :frown:

Thanks for input.

--------------------
If humans are what they eat, I'm just a huuuuuuge mushroom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FINALLY!? [Re: Canisdormit]
    #551125 - 02/14/02 10:31 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm... Leads me to believe that spraying the lysol and having a lot of water in your casing was for sure the problem in to why you werent seeing any growth.

First off you have to remember that the casing layer should not be wet, but damp. Squeeze off any water until it is just dripping a few drops when you squeeze your hand together, w/o extreme pressure. Its important to remember during your first casings that drier is better, because you can always rehydrate your layers.

Try coco coir, its really easy to see if its dry or not! Verm is hard, I couldnt ever figure that out.

As for the water in the bottom...Id personally just dump it out, It just is sitting there waiting for some contamination!!! :frown:

OfflineCanisdormit
journeyman
Re: FINALLY!? [Re: angryshroom]
    #551132 - 02/14/02 10:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I think that the water in the bottom is definately the bigger problem. I have no idea how to get it out though, since it's at the bottom of the casing. I guess I could try to sponge it out, but that'll take forever.

--------------------
If humans are what they eat, I'm just a huuuuuuge mushroom.

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Canisdormit]
    #551136 - 02/14/02 10:48 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: FINALLY!? [Re: vatoloco]
    #551528 - 02/14/02 04:04 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

canis, could you possibly punch a hole in the bottom of your casing for drainage and plug it up later?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix