Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
National Debt.....
    #546157 - 02/09/02 10:01 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Ok so our country is BIG TIME in debt...
If you look at the link above youll see the actual number and the surprising fact that each citizens share of the debt is $20,671.20 and that the overall total goes up an average of $843 million per day...

With bushes new budget and all the overspending that comes with it we are getting further into debt and faster then ever before.

So what happens when someone wants to collect? When Im in debt my wages get garnished, people call my home, my work, send me daily reminders and thretten to reposess stuff. So who holds the government accountable to pay back all that money and how will it ever be collected?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: National Debt..... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #550887 - 02/14/02 04:34 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #550893 - 02/14/02 04:43 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

With all of this war talk, and the recent "leaks" from our goverment about sending 500,000 troops to Iroc it's only going to get a lot worse. THANK GOD I ALLREADY HAVE A JOB! (it's gonna get rougher boys)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (02/14/02 04:44 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #551063 - 02/14/02 09:10 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Let me get this strait..it's bush's fault for the national debt? How much did the National debt decrease while Klinton was in office...i think you're beating a dead horse my man!

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: National Debt..... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #551115 - 02/14/02 10:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The national debt hasnt decreased since it started 100 years ago... We have never paid ANY part of the national debt EVER...

The question at hand is, if we as a nation are soo far in debt, who collects? How much trouble are we really in? Why do I get hastled for my debt but the government never gets so much as a letter about theirs/"ours"?

Clinton was a verry good man with money... George Bush may be as well but with the events that have taken place we will never know. He has a verry daunting task ahead of him that incleudes alot of overspending and pissing alot of people off...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#551122 - 02/14/02 10:27 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

****Why do I get hastled for my debt but the government never gets so much as a letter about theirs/"ours"?****

I agree with you..i get hassled when i'm a day late or a dollar short...we all do, and yes it's wrong.

****Clinton was a verry good man with money***

BWAHHHHHHHHH!! ha ha ha ha... What do you base this on?..the economy? Not one policy that Klinton enacted affected the economy...wait a minute it has..hmmmm oh yeah the one we're in now. I want you to name a policy that shows good judgment monatarily, that Klinton enacted.

***George Bush may be as well but with the events that have taken place we will never know****

I have to admit that's fair. However with the Libies stopping every single stimulas package presented to them just to stop a "republican" president we may never know

****pissing alot of people off... ****

That's not always a bad thing...Klinton governed by the polls and made no real decisions

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: National Debt..... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #551879 - 02/14/02 09:30 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

who does the USA owe money to anyway? i know the canadian debt is slowly shrinking, but i dont really get who we're paying off

are they big corporations with special interests, that simply look the other way so long as beneficial bills/laws are passed? cause i dont see us (usa + canada) paying off other countries, esp since we're the richest... or is that why we're rich? cause we dont pay back? heh..

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: National Debt..... [Re: foghorn]
    #552328 - 02/15/02 08:58 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>BWAHHHHHHHHH!! ha ha ha ha... What do you base this on?..the economy? Not one policy that Klinton enacted affected the economy...wait a minute it has..hmmmm oh yeah the one we're in now. I want you to name a policy that shows good judgment monatarily, that Klinton enacted. <

Clinton was a god with our money, he cut spending across the board on LOTS of things, pissed alot of people off but his plan for a ballanced budget which stops deficit planning and spending by 2001 worked and it is the reason we saw a surplus.

So Georgie gets into office and sees their is a surplus so he gets to be the good guy after all clintons hard work and give the surplus to us, the citizens finaly paying some of the money they owe us back. BUT Georgie writes in his new tax plan a clause that the surplus rebate check people get must be claimed on their taxes as non-deductable AND it is 100% taxed its self meaning that it comes out of your return if you get one and if you dont youve got to pay it back... So really it was just a loan.

I could go and list any number of policies under the Clinton administration that worked to reduce government spendin but their are too many... Instead I ask you to show me one year he was in office which we spent more money than we had, more money than was bugeted for....

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#552515 - 02/15/02 12:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

***Clinton was a god with our money, he cut spending across the board ***

On what? What policy did he enact that cut spending?

****So Georgie gets into office and sees their is a surplus so he gets to be the good guy after all clintons hard work and give the surplus to us****

The same can be said for Klinton's 8 years. The Taxcuts of the Reagan term gave us the economy that Klinton got to take credit for.....

***BUT Georgie writes in his new tax plan a clause that the surplus rebate check people get must be claimed on their taxes as non-deductable AND it is 100% taxed its self meaning that it comes out of your return if you get one and if you dont youve got to pay it back... So really it was just a loan.***

WRONG....The rebate check does NOT have to be claimed on your taxes....That statement is 100% FALSE. Ask any accountant and they will tell you. Besides the $600 check that i recieved even says on the letter "DOES NOT HAVE TO BE CLAIMED"

****I could go and list any number of policies under the Clinton administration that worked to reduce government spendin but their are too many... ****

Just name the biggest one....i'm curious

****Instead I ask you to show me one year he was in office which we spent more money than we had, more money than was bugeted for****

There weren't any deficit spending from 1999 till the present day. With this said Reagans economic plan took effect in the early 1990's and carried on until the late 90's. What we are seeing now is from Klinton. It can't be from Bush..he's only been in a year and most economic policies don't take place until at least a couple 2-4 years at least.

I still want you to name one Policy that Klinton made that "spurred" the economy

As a side not a surplus means that the American people were taxed too much and is not the governments money...Bush has been the only one who has seen it this way.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate