Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTeonanacatl fan
journeyman
What can we do?
    #550564 - 02/13/02 10:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

In this society, success is measured by economic power. That's bullshit.
Most people in suits and ties don?t care about nature, or the universe, or trascending, and they might think that we are drug adicts that "don't care about anything". For them, a tibetan monk is someone with nothing better to do, and the mayas were a prehistoric and uncivilized culture. Add the abuse of red meat, tv, and drugs like alcohol.

I feel like MJK on the song "Aenema".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTeonanacatl fan
journeyman
Re: What can we do? [Re: Teonanacatl fan]
    #550576 - 02/13/02 10:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Let's unite, there's a lot of work to do. Most people in here have power. At least they make questions. Questions are powerful. Enlighten, create consciousness.

Spiral Out, Keep Going.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #550656 - 02/14/02 12:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The mayans and aztecs did the same thing to themselves that we are doing right now. They became too "civilized" and either destroyed themselves or were destroyed by some outside force because of these actions. These aren't the only civilizations to fall to this, there are many, many more.

I think we should ditch all this technology hornswaggle and live life a bit more simply, albeit without the Simpsons. {ironically I say this behind a computer screen =)}

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibledizZy_bOy
stranger thanyou

Re: What can we do? [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #550809 - 02/14/02 03:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunatly that won't happen anytime soon. It would take mass destruction to rid us of our advanced technology... But it will happen eventually. The whole world will have to start a new. Well, if the human race survives itself.

Then we get to go through the whole thing all over again.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #550851 - 02/14/02 05:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

> Most people in suits and ties don?t care about nature

Except for environmentalists who make money off caring about nature, and of course recycling industries, etc.

Also, I don't think it's fair to project your values upon other people and then make them out to be the bad people because they don't agree with your way of life.

> Add the abuse of red meat, tv, and drugs like alcohol.

I like how you slip in alcohol, the drug which is symbollic of the culture which you despise. Abusing alcohol is not inherent to its legal status and the consumerist culture which operates in North America. Don't rag on alcohol, man...

----------
Johnny
----------
The Mayans still exist, but live in a state of fear in Guatemala. The Spanish and their descendents destroyed them.

Good irony though about using technology to denounce technology.

---------
Dizzy
--------

Sounds like you've been reading some apocalyptic science fiction. Ahh, the moral responsibility of knowledge. Who should have this knowledge? Are there areas we shouldn't be exploring?

Sorry, I would've come up with a more specific response to this one. I usually don't like to do my usual pick apart style in this forum, but the subject is quite ambiguous to me.

InvisibleZylo
journeyman
Re: What can we do? [Re: Kid]
    #550899 - 02/14/02 06:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

=======================
"In this society, success is measured by economic power. That's bullshit.
Most people in suits and ties don?t care about nature, or the universe, or trascending, and they might think that we are drug adicts that "don't care about anything". For them, a tibetan monk is someone with nothing better to do, and the mayas were a prehistoric and uncivilized culture"
=======================

Lets get back to the point on this one...

I totally hear you on this one buddy, I hate corporations more than getting a toenail ripped clean off my foot. Coroporate people are BULLSHIT. Government is BULLSHIT. Government is Corrupt, corporations are corrupt...

Here are just the examples I'm going to use...

Enron?
yea......

The Government of Canada and the USA
yea.....

It's all corrupt....

Enron, stole a bunch of money by making up a fake company, and then getting people to invest in it by telling them what they "Project they will make" in the next 10 years. Then fucking a bunch of people over and keeping most of the money.
They did this illegally as well.....

Democracy? My fucking ass..... No one ever asks me what I think of any new laws... If I want something changed, it will NEVER happen.. You know why? Because corporations PAY the government to pass and not pass certain laws. Politicians across the globe are bribed and paid every single day to vote a certain way for new and old laws..

The Corporate world and the Government are the same fucking thing to me.

BULLSHIT.

Politicians need to be shot dead, just like all the big corporations.

fuck all this shit. I hate technology. I never watch tv. I hate my computer, I hate that I use it. (I like the shroomery). But I would rather computers did NOT exist. We got along fine without them before.. If it ain't broke don't fix it... We're just polluting our world, making fake green (money) and destroying the real green (Forests).

Our world is dying, and no one cares. If a news channel covers a story about an oil spill and how we need to clean it up. They are only doing it for ratings, they dont' really give a shit. They love disasters because people will watch...

I hate our world. It is all bullshit. My life is run by everyone else constantly telling me what to do, how to act, what to say, what to think, how I should look. I don't give a fuck if I drive a corvette or live in a 1 million dollar house. WTF do I need a house that big for! I'd rather be outside anyhow being active.... I care about PERSONAL FREEDOM more than anything else....

Something this world takes more away from us everyday.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology