Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Care to understand more?
    #5496880 - 04/09/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

This quote was posted by PhantomCat in another post. It serves as the inspiration for this post as. I'm posting this with the intent for anyone minimally open to understanding what the mystic hub bub is all about.

There is is also something I seek to understand from those who don't understand the mystical experience. If I could go back to a time, where all I was aware of was just my life as Cindy and preoccupation with the physical because , it's all I knew there was, I wouldn't be at a forum like this.

I would be off, doing something extremely selfish, or more to accrue material wealth or that was physically gratifying.

For those of you who think there is just this one physical life for you to live and then its worm food, and only the physical to be experienced, what are you doing here at this forum?

Why aren't you out there in the world, busy making more money, having more sex and hedonism, or stepping over others to get ahead?

I certainly wouldn't be here. You must have some knowing, sense, curiosity, or reason to believe, that there is something more to all this, something better to be realized that draws you here.

Anyway, I relate to what I bolded.

Quote:

"""Mysticism is usually understood in a religious context, but as William James (1902) points out, mystical experiences may happen to anyone, regardless of religious training or inclinations. Such experiences can occur unbidden and without preparation at any time, and might not be understood as religious experiences at all. They may be interpreted, perhaps, as artistic, scientific, or other forms of inspiration, or even dismissed as psychological disturbances. """

I wrote off religion in my teens. Debunked all of the things about it that made no literal sense, now I see it as metaphor at best. I saw through the fear driven control machine, the "in it for the power and money schemes", you name it, organized religion wasn't for me.

I went on to lead a very materialistic, physical sensory and selfish oriented life. That was the life for me. Designer clothes, fancy cars, jet setting friends :thumbup: I maintained a personal interest in human psychology, wanting to understand what drives people and life itself though.

Learning about reincarnation in my teens, which my catholic upbringing denounced, helped in the process of my wanting to understand all of what seemed so unfair and cruel about life. I read account after account of children having past life memories with names places and details that were verify able. More then enough to convince me.

I use to be pissed at the Catholic God that would only allow for ONE life to get it right, that would allow for one life to end at 6 weeks and another an awesome 8o years, a life born without legs or with mental retardation and others who could freely run and jump and realize great things with a high functioning mind. I thought that was all so UNFAIR and cruel. Reincarnation made sense of it, and restored how the idea of free will and self righting balance all worked. The idea that we have many chances and choices that go on for eternity put me at peace and understanding with so much.

Though I believed in that, a judgmental God and damnation was no part of it, nor was any church or religion.

Besides that, my personal studies revolved around human psychology and self help empowerment readings, like Anthony Robbins books or "Your thoughts can change your life" by, Donald Curtis. These ideas intrigued me, to think we had a lot of power and control over our circumstances.

I had been putting them to the test and the results impressed me.

Around age 17, a friends mom, who just had all boys, took to me like the daughter she never had and brought me places with her. Two of which were to Psychics. She paid. One was a very sweet, gentle passive woman, who lived in a modest town home. She did a 40 minute reading that was DEAD ON. Convinced me.

The other, was scary. She got NOTHING RIGHT, not even close and further was asking for things I wanted and instructed me to open a charge account at sears and buy things like vacuum cleaners and what not for her church, where she would do ritual prayers to help me get what I wanted. She was a Scamming CON. Disgusting. I looked at her like she was a crook, told her, "I don't think so" and that was that.

They are both out there, the genuine with something beautiful to share and the fake with something ugly in their hearts. It's a shame people like the later have so many turned off too and wrongfully judgmental of the former.

It wasn't until around age 27 that the personal "mystical experiences" started to drop in. Most of them were not of a religious nature. They were more cosmic.  To many things began happening that I couldn't explain away with dismissal.  They snow balled faster and faster, like incoming waves with greater frequency and power overwhelming me.

I had to surrender to it, OR go crazy. I had to ask what the fuck was going on, get some answer and make sense of things. I didn't intend it, I didn't ask for it and it all upturned my life so much, leaving me with head spin after head spin, I certainly had no control over it. The waves over took me and any resistance put up to them every time.

However, it wasn't bad. I was flying higher then a kite through most of it. The higher I went, the more and more I saw of the bigger picture. The more beautiful it kept becoming and the more things began to make more sense.

What helped keep me grounded was coming to learn of how many other people were beginning to have this stuff happen to them too. Had that not happened, I would have been one of the ones in the quote that wrote it all off as psychological disturbances and kept it all to myself and stuffed it.

To many others were validating it all for me to the extent that brought a reasonable sense of it's own normalacy to it.

I can't share all of the "Mystical experiences" because there are literally hundreds to thousands of them covering the last 10 years of my life. I'm now 37.  None of it was on drugs, I don't use them.

I realize that to others, the things people share of a mystical nature sound like its coming from their imagination or pure escapism fantasy. I laugh at a lot of it myself, even the things that I have experienced when I get objective about them.

It is all too much sometimes weather you can or can't relate, isn't it? I know and I do understand when some of you here want to put a halt to it. I've even had to take breaks and shut myself down for a time. Often, it gets to be too much for even me.

However, I am big on seeing a need for open environments of sharing at the shroomery because, had I not become aware of so many other people experiencing the same things, I may have thought myself a mental case. I know I'm not and I think its important for others to know they are not either.

I wanted to share my own thoughts on the experiential difference between what I intend to imagine or fantasize about and what just drops into my mind and heart like an uninvited and unannounced guest.
That's what it is like, you can be doing and thinking the most mundane thing and it comes pouring in from out of no where.

One that stands out goes back about 11 years. I was at the pool getting out of the hot tub, walking towards my towel thinking about getting ready for work, and a wave enveloped me. This was the Big daddy of all time for me in this life.

I was blinded by white bright rainbow luminescent light within my mind. I heard the most beautiful music , like nothing ever composed here, waves of absolute bliss kept running over me. There was this feeling of LOVE for all, that crushed me to the bottom of humility and AWE and reverence for it. Tears of joy streamed from eyes. Words won't come close to describing this LOVE and its for everyone and its always there. It was absolutely overwhelming.

Why it is we can't always experience it, I don't know. Knowing it's there, is enough for me to know, all is well even when it doesn't appear so. It was like my own personal rapture. When in it, or even remembering it, nothing else matters and all is forgiven and understood.

I have not been able to duplicate it with imagination or even in  fantasy. Nothing remotely close. I want to feel that again and I wish I could. If I generated the experience from my own mind, I should be able to do it at will. I think I was thinking about having to iron what I was going to where to work when it overcame me.

To have known it its in full power and essence and be able to recall it is treasure and gift enough.

Another one that happened, scared the hell out of me, and it took me years to accept. I couldn't deny what happened, but I was in denial of what it was to mean to me. It was too big. I never would've imagined such a thing and to this day, sometimes, still, I wish I could sweep it all under the rug, and go back to being who I was in forgetfulness of so much more.

Some of you think others imagine and concoct their stories. Maybe some do.:shrug:  As if life isn't difficult enough keeping on top of all that has made us who we are and the physical life alone. To add comprehension and understanding and the integrations of more to it beyond this physical life just complicates things.

Some of you think peoples "experiences" are nothing more then escapism from the physical. It's not like that.

Its not like one who is in a jail, hates it, sees what is beyond the walls from out the window and wants out. It's very different. It's like, everything is fine then, something busts down walls, YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW were there and suddenly, there is more room to roam in and more to see. 

It's not experienced like you leaving something to go somewhere else. Its experienced like MORE coming in to you where you are.

At the time mystical experiences started happening to me, I was at the height of LOVING my life, living out multiple dreams come true. There was certainly nothing to escape, yet much to hold unto and want to keep for forever and a day.

It's not what some of you think. I hope something I shared in this may bridge some more understanding and less judgement. If not, I hope it served to let others who have had mystical experience know that, I believe you and know, you weren't imagining them and that you are not crazy.

I ask that this post be used for gaining understanding to alleviate ignorance on any end or level, including any coming from me.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Care to understand more? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5496939 - 04/09/06 03:24 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Could you possibly describe the situation in your life at the time of your 'love' experience?

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5496969 - 04/09/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Some of you think others imagine and concoct their stories.

A few people probably concoct stories for whatever reason, but I don't worry much about them. I'm more skeptical about whether mystical experiences are merely a psychological phenomena or actually a truly 'divine' experience. Does this experience represent something external and real, or is it only a product of my brain? Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a valid way to discern whether it's a truly mystical experience or just delusion.

This is my beef with some mystics. They don't speak of mysticism as something which is mysterious and uncertain, but exactly the opposite. "I experienced it, so it must have actually happened. There must be some truth to this." I doubt anyone would outright say something such as this, but this seems to be the attitude some mystics have.

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5497032 - 04/09/06 03:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"Mystical" experiences are cool and what not, but it doesn't stop any of this from being only chemicals and a shift in the brain's operating frequency. Or should I say..."potentially being".

I.E.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.11/persinger.html

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #5497047 - 04/09/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I was blinded by white bright rainbow luminescent light within my mind. I heard the most beautiful music , like nothing ever composed here, waves of absolute bliss kept running over me. There was this feeling of LOVE for all, that crushed me to the bottom of humility and AWE and reverence for it. Tears of joy streamed from eyes. Words won't come close to describing this LOVE and its for everyone and its always there. It was absolutely overwhelming.
Why it is we can't always experience it, I don't know. Knowing it's there, is enough for me to know, all is well even when it doesn't appear so. It was like my own personal rapture. When in it, or even remembering it, nothing else matters and all is forgiven and understood.
I have not been able to duplicate it with imagination or even in fantasy. Nothing remotely close. I want to feel that again and I wish I could. If I generated the experience from my own mind, I should be able to do it at will. I think I was thinking about having to iron what I was going to where to work when it overcame me.

This is very close to two of the experiences I had, the differences being that I was blinded by what looked like a sphere of burning steel wool, sparking and getting brighter and brighter till it could no longer stop from bursting from it's form from within my mind - enveloping everything about me in what I could only describe as a "Rapture" feeling....  And I didn't hear music, I smelled exotic smells like flowers and ripe island fruits....    The feelings/emotions and "understandings" you got from it, I couldn't have worded it better if I tried....  :heart:

I don't talk about these "experiences" because it is not really something that I can share in words with someone and have them understand....  Not something I was expecting, not something that I would know how to repeat, nor know how to prove, it just was.... 

It sure would be nice to have that feeling/experience on demand....!    :grin:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Care to understand more? [Re: Darkcloud]
    #5497059 - 04/09/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Darkcloud said:
"Mystical" experiences are cool and what not, but it doesn't stop any of this from  being only chemicals and a shift in the brain's operating frequency. Or should I say..."potentially being".

And the Sun is merely the result of chemical, nuclear reactions, fusion, what-not. What is your point? A scientific explanation for phenomenon does not diminish the phenomenon or its value.

Did you know the interior of the Sun could hold 1.3 million Earth's? :shocked: Any sense of proportion should be appropriately blown after soaking in that fact. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: WScott]
    #5497171 - 04/09/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It came on like an Epiphany of sorts and I have had milder versions of it that still overwhelmed me to tears of joy, but nothing to match the magnitude of that one.

I was living in Kauai Hi, married deliriously happily, no kids yet. Working as a bartender. About a year and a half prior is when the spiritual awakening began for me. Smaller waves had started breaking me down, though back then, it was all so new and overwhelming, and I was most often just very uncomfortable with it, still putting up occasional resistance and denial to a lot of it too.

Yet, I was also enthusiastically and curiously embracing a lot of it as well.

I went through a two year period in Kauai that would be the minor equivalent for you guys who use psychedelics of being on them for two years straight. That island is an intensive mega watt center for spiritual growth. Ultimately, I couldn't handle the intensity of the high vibes and we left. Shortly after that, I unplugged all together for a few years. I needed serious distance and downtime to integrate and make sense of all that had happened in such a short period.

Funny how some think mystic types are escaping physical reality. As I left and there after I was escaping mystical/spiritual reality running back into the physical densities and forgetfulness, and conscious slumber where I was more comfortable.

I took a 4 year sabbatical in the other direction.:lol: I opened myself up to it again consciously again about 4 years ago and the pace has been much easier to manage.

Why do you ask? Have you had a similar experience or are you looking for explanations for it?

If I did anything to have willed it to happened, I think at the time I was reading up on this idea of "surrender". I suppose it would be like those of you who are curious to experience ego loss with shrooms. Thats what it was like for me, without the shrooms.

It took something more, because I was stubborn, VERY stubborn and putting up resistance to much that was happening. Yet, I knew I needed to be following along best I could. I'm glad I did.

This just reminded me of something that may have meaning to some. Before any spiritual awakening or mystical type experiences began, I was living in the Virgin Islands, a dream come true, was loving every day, life was surreal-heavenly and idealic.

Except, my husband at the time soon began to hate it there and wanted to go back to Chicago. I was pissed. When we met, he knew, I wanted to get out of Chicago and head for the tropics and said, he wanted to make my dreams come true. I felt like an ass for being so immature to have believed that at age 20 when we met ( was then 26) He's hating it there was the only thorn in my side and I wanted it out. I didn't know how.

I recall one afternoon, being upset about it, calling out, "God, if you exist, I feel trapped and don't know my way out of this marriage and I otherwise love my life here. I fucked up somewhere. If you exist, you surely know better about how life works then I do. I give up! I'm turning mine over to you. :tongue:

I later, felt silly about that, laughed about and forgot it. I Things stayed the same for months until BAM one day I looked up from behind the bar I was working at and time stood still. There he was. It was HIM and I knew him, somehow like a god to my goddess, he was my golden boy, he was illumed like an angel, breath taking.

We later got to talking and he was down on a sailing regatta from NJ, just split with his GF, said he hated Jersey, hated the social traps, fell in love with islands and planned to down himself.

I thought  :orly: Things happened fast, that was 11 years ago and I have been dizzy ever since. The whole package came together for me in my life. We're still so in love, have a beautiful daughter and home and great life. I had tears of joy coming from my eyes just yesterday feeling so blessed to be loved by him. I have learned so much more about how things work and so much has opened up to me.

Maybe there was something to my silly give up fit that afternoon. Maybe there is some intelligent force that is willing to work with us when we surrender to it and get our (I know best) human egos out of it's way. Whatever love we share between us just started busting down flood gates left and right.

That rapturous Epiphany happened a few years later. So much came before that too.

There is something so much more going on here you guys and its worth more then curious look sees or flat out criticisms. Surrender to it. Talk about ask and you shall receive, he's a dream, with looks that dim brad pit, a heart larger then all I know, intelligence that humbles me, wit that keeps me laughing, someone I admire and respect beyond measure, and a perfect fit.

Sometimes, I wonder if he isn't the physical  manifestation of a greater love and relationship with all can have with the Divine-not the biblical god. :thumbdown:

Sorry if I am babbling. There is a dreamy magical quality to life when you surrender to it. There is a place to be experienced here and its very real, only its not a physical place nor a place you get to through logic or the mind. You get there through surrendering to a higher love, through the heart of matter.

I can't speak for all mystic types, but I can say for myself I think many just want to show the way and share in that place with others who have found it too. There are just so many misconceptions about the mystical experience or "mystics" I would like to dispell.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5497203 - 04/09/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Maybe there was something to my silly give up fit that afternoon. Maybe there is some intelligent force that is willing to work with us when we surrender to it and get our (I know best) human egos out of it's way.

Myself, I state "I am provided for". I seem to rely on it more when I am in a state strangled by security addictions, which is extremely rare these days. It is a statement that ensures that I will always get where it is that I am going, but it keeps myself from being too attached to where it is that I am headed, or what is actually being provided.

If nothing else, it calms the analytical mind that has been taken hostage by freaked out insecurities, which means that my mind is then free to be fully applied to interacting with my situation so that things do happen for me. It really does act as a boundary to prevent myself from falling any deeper into despair, if you know what I mean....

Sort of related, I guess. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5497206 - 04/09/06 05:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Also, you need to do mushrooms sometime! I'm sure you've read around the entire site before.... :wink: :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5497275 - 04/09/06 05:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

This is a combo reply to replies.

Mush, I agree, some are probably concocted out of imagination, though why would one bother? Why not say, you imaginaged or visualized such an experience instead? That makes you sound more normal.

You really put yourself out there when you share this stuff believing in it.  People do it I think, because, the experience of it is just as real as anything else that isn't imagined. For me, it feels just as natural to share them as telling you about my day at the dentist.

If the experiences, off drugs, are experienced with the same realness, other physical experiences are, what is the difference? To me, it's all just life experience, some, I can't prove.

Example- You may not be able to prove what teeth, sensitive to cold feels like or that you even experience it but you do.

We know what its like for others and believe them if we too, have teeth sensitive to the cold. Same thing. You are really experiencing the pain. How do you prove it?

To deviate or whoever brought up the chemical thing. Of course chemicals are involved in the physical. How else is spirit/consciousness going to experience the rush of love in and with a physical body unless it floods it with chemicals. That's how physical biology works.

How else is spirit/consciousness going to show you things unless it floods your brain with chemicals that will allow you to see its symbolic pictures, or comprehend something from a higher view. Just because chemicals are flooding the systems that bring the physical experiential results, doesn't mean spirit/higher consciounsess isn't involved.

How would you comprehend a higher knowing, with nothing happening in your brain to facilitate the cognition of it while incarnate? There would be no experience to have or relate to others.

Chemicals are a part of the biological design to experience it ALL in the physical.  Even if you take a chemical to release a flood of chemicals, have any of you ever asked, what our brains even make and store those chemicals, that bring about altered states are for?

Why would our brains make and release chemicals that have you experience flowers sharing their wisdom with you, or speaking to Buddha, or visualizing yourself unlocking gates with keys and coming into far out knowings you can't even retain comprehension of when the chemical flood wears off.

Sometimes, I think people who have only known altered states and or mystical experience via ingesting a psychedelic, think the psychedelic chemical is the cause. It is just triggering the release of your own natural chemicals that stay other wise stored. How easy to say, "oh it was the heroin". What about the millions of people having such experiences without taking a chemical to trigger the rush? :confused:

Ask yourself why our brains make and release chemicals that induce altered states of consciousness? What's the purpose? Think about it, feel about it.

Of course mystical experiences happen in the physical body and mind. Where else would they happen to you? How else could they happen to you while you are consciously aware and alive in a physical body? :confused:

Phantom Cat. Thank you for sharing what you did. When my daughter first paid me a visit before she was born, she appeared to me as a golden ball sort of like what you described and it was very much sparking off.

And yes, I do wish we could command the experience of such a love at will too.

Something beyond my own ego will or mind triggered it because, I don't seem to know how to when I try to recreate the experience.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDeviate
    #5497289 - 04/09/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

To deviate or whoever brought up the chemical thing.

it wasn't me, i haven't even posted in this thread.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5497384 - 04/09/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That's more where I am at now with working with a higher intelligence then my own ego mind. I do pretty much what you are doing. I think I started doing it when I read that book you like "Keys to Higher Consciousness" and from info off an Abrahamn tape about resonance harmonizing with what you want. That tape also rammed the idea into my head that we are suppose to feel good. Thats our natural state.

When I get to caught up into narrowing my ego mind and things start going down hill, now I know, I have to let go some and make some more room for higher intelligence to make things better again.

It's effortless and easy when you can just "let go" and let the good in. I play around with stupid things too like the parking space trick. As I am pulling into a busy lot, I say, "thank you universe for opening a spot close to the front for me." I always get one. When I forget, I end up in the back of the lot. :tongue:

Or like when I drove up to Panama City Beach to visit some family vacationing there. I wanted to make it there before dinner, and this cop car was holding back the traffic to the speed limit on I-10. I was making great time doing 90-95 until I got stuck in his wolf pack. After about an hour of putzin at 70 and even getting off for a bath room break and catching up again, I had HAD IT with turtle mode. I said to myself, "time to use the higher powers".

I said, "Universe, thank you for creating a reason to get the cop to pull off this road and getting me there quick and safe." :grin: Then, I started charging up the feeling of appreciation and within a few minutes, I passed him by while he was pulling over to help a stranded driver.

Now I use the word Universe and not God. The Universe seems to love it when we feel appreciation and loves to bring to us what makes us feel it so it can feel more of it from us. Some back scratching relationship is going on. :lol: Work it! :thumbup:

I tried shrooms once when I was 17, had a hellish nightmare 8 hour long trip. Knowing what I do now, I would probably have a sweet one, however, I trip sweetly and naturally these days if no one has noticed. 

Like how in the reply before I was talking about how we naturally make the chemicals ourselves. I got the idea from a book that with intention, we could trigger the release of them. I spent years practicing that. I like it better, because, you can stop it when you want, there are no side effects, and you can make it much less intense and manageable.

Figuring out how to trigger the release of what will cause the effect you want takes a lot of fine tuning practice. I figured out so far that frequencies set them off. We can use thought and feeling frequencies set at the right pitch to trigger a release. I also use music and far out reading material to pull trigers.

I usually just get it started by remembering what something feels like and then start drawing in shit loads of energy to amplify it and then soon, the chemicals are running the actual experience and I'm off memory recall mode.

It pays to practice during meditation, opening up and drawing in an abundance of energy to juice and amplify the system with. I mostly use it to gain greater clarity, insighting, higher order comprehension in the abstract, the giggles-cosmic heroin rushes, or universal love. I'm not that good yet at maintaining the higher energy to run it all for much longer then 20-40 minutes at a time. That's probably for the best.:lol: I could easily get hooked on cosmic heroine. :yesnod:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: Deviate]
    #5497408 - 04/09/06 06:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:

To deviate or whoever brought up the chemical thing.

it wasn't me, i haven't even posted in this thread.

Sorry, It was darkcloud. Thanks for the clarification.  I was trying to remember 3 different peoples replies all in one reply. :confused::

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDavid_vs_Goliath
Informer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
    #5497745 - 04/09/06 07:54 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

How else is spirit/consciousness going to show you things unless it floods your brain with chemicals that will allow you to see its symbolic pictures, or comprehend something from a higher view. Just because chemicals are flooding the systems that bring the physical experiential results, doesn't mean spirit/higher consciounsess isn't involved

Excelent, I never thought of it that way.

--------------------
"People living deeply have no fear of death."
"Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love."
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#5498880 - 04/10/06 04:52 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The problem with mystical expirence is that it is contradictory towards others mystical expirences. There is no way to validate which one is the correct one.

Not to mention, like mythological creatures, NDE's, and other subjective forced expirences, they seem to change with the times and culture. For example, people abducted by aliens in the 50's would be abducted by strange being's (like moving tentacles, animal-like creatures), but people abducted today are commonly abducted by Gray's (humanoid beings). The difference between the two is not the expirence, but rather the culture and development of the two differing timeline's. The reason for the two difference's is the access of information has hastened. We now have immediate access (through internet, TV, magazine's, etc...) of other's abduction expirences. Where as before (the 1950's) it was mostly dictated by comic books and less sophisticated forms of media (such as radio, old film strips).

Same with NDE's, mystical expirences, etc... This is all reflected through hisotory. In fact, I recall reading about a doctor (Wilder Penfield), during surgery, who would stimulate certain parts of the brain with electricity causing "mystical" expirences to occur to the patient. Some people see gods and godesses, some people see white light and hear music, some people have OBE's, some people see a human god. Its all subjective based on belief and past expirence.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5499534 - 04/10/06 11:38 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome post, thanks! :heart:

But people invite their own critics. From a Buddist stand point, it's all different levels of avidya. Who's got more, the mystic with a belief or the critic? :smile:

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: psyka]
    #5499757 - 04/10/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for letting me know, you got a new perspective on that DvG! :smile:

Psyka, I don't think there is such a thing as a "correct" mystical experience. :confused: They are like living abstract art. Is there such a thing as correct abstract art?

Though they are subjectively experienced and interpreted, there are many people have shared in common.

I wrote in another post how I know some average, no name Joe's who communicate with a discarnate being they say calls himself Metatron. Then I saw Carlos Santana being interviewed on TV after his second to last CD release saying he was visited by a being who called himself Metetron, who helped him to heal from sexual abuse as a child and helped him with that CD to be a healing influence on people and taught him all sorts of other stuff. Then a few months ago, another friend said her 6 year old daughter told her about this giant angel who helps her with her homework, and makes her laugh. She told her mom he said his name sounded like memeton. Others who commune with this being say, he does appear Large and is funny. None of these people are aware of each other or talk to each other. Explain that?

Some seem to have common links that give some objectivity to them.

A moment of inspiration can be a mystical experience to me. Though what inspires me and what ideas come from it are different, the mechanism of an inspired moment remains the same.

Ever get that feeling where "you see something and then immediately feel transported to another place in consciousness, where ideas drop in from out of no where. Then you feel a rush of excited energy that moves you to act on making them happen". Thats what an inspired moment is like for me and I bet many others would describe the mechanism to be the same.
Inspired, In spirit
Inspiration, In spirit action

I think our chemical biology is set up to give us ways to commune with spirit/higher consciousness. It seems to come in individual waves, and waves that effect groups of people at a time.

Regarding cultural changes, consider this passage I found last night looking up the video form I need to know for my next TKD test. I thought it was funny since I came across it a few hours after I typed that I, work with the word Universe.

The universe is constantly changing and so it is the ultimate creative energy

If a universal creative intelligence was working with us, it would make more sense, if it used symbols that were congruent with changing cultural norms. That would be akin to speaking the current language symbolically. Yet, universal ones remain, like being touched by love and warmth.

In addition, considering the universe itself is a changing dynamic, it too will reflect its changes when working with us.

It's a symbiotic relationship like any other where change is taking place.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: Rahz]
    #5499861 - 04/10/06 01:17 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
Awesome post, thanks! :heart:

But people invite their own critics. From a Buddist stand point, it's all different levels of avidya. Who's got more, the mystic with a belief or the critic? :smile:

Rahz

You're welcome :smile: 

To your quote, I say, Symbiosis at play!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#5499930 - 04/10/06 01:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You might find this interesting, but it distinctly represents where our thoughts divide and branch out in different paths. I've been listening and playing along with Santana all morning, and I haven't done that in a very long time (maybe a year and a half). And now, you talk about Santana. Where I see coincidence another might see synchronicity. Where I see mathematics at work, I guess others see god. Where other's might say it cannot be explained, I say it is not yet understood. We are divinity manifesting itself... and divinity is an empty word; completely void of meaning (that statement is mystical, or critical, depending on the perspective of which it is read).

Its the thin line that needs to be distinguished and acknowledged... otherwise people become brainwashed fools believing every hallucination that enters their minds. Objectivity and subjectivity are both important. Your feelings are needed to be human, and your rational is needed to progress.

And I already explained the Metatron thing. Just do a google search. "Results 1 - 10 of about 810,000 for Metatron" Is it possible that these people accidently and passively read information of deities or Metatron's cube? It certainly isn't hidden knowledge. This is how dreams are formed. You passively store and submerge information in the sub-conscious and while you enter dream-state, this information emerges. To me, this explanation is more than plausible and highly probably based on the amount of information known.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

Loc: Texas - where else?
    #5499965 - 04/10/06 01:58 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

That's more where I am at now with working with a higher intelligence then my own ego mind.

soundz good so far.

Quote:

When I get to caught up into narrowing my ego mind and things start going down hill, now I know, I have to let go some and make some more room for higher intelligence to make things better again.

OKEY DOKEY

Quote:

I wanted to make it there before dinner, and this cop car was holding back the traffic to the speed limit on I-10.

what YOU wanted is not ego-based - hmmmm.

Quote:

I was making great time doing 90-95

circumventing societal laws put their for the safety of ALL cannot compare to your egotisitcal 'need' to arrive someplace at a specifick time. very advanced.

Quote:

I said, "Universe, thank you for creating a reason to get the cop to pull off this road and getting me there quick and safe." Then, I started charging up the feeling of appreciation and within a few minutes, I passed him by while he was pulling over to help a stranded driver.

screw the stranded motorist. "dear gawd make him have a breakdown so that I can speed to MY destination possibly endangering others and then brag about being ego-free."

--------------------
i have less ego than you do!

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5500001 - 04/10/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If any of us made it this far, its because we can be objective and rational. We need both sides of the brain to progress is right. No arguments there.

Funny about your Santana synchronicity/coincidence.:lol:

Sure information is out there about metatron. How else could I know people are talking about it.  :confused:  I questioned that when I first started hearing about him about 10 years ago. It was when I heard about that 6 year old girl who doesn't have any access to information about him that I am looking for explanations again. 

People talk. Like when you go to a ball game, you tell others about it. Like when a cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket, you tell others about it. Like when a friend helps you fix your car, you tell others about him.

People talking about similar mystical experiences isn't proof they are not having one, or copying from others. Even if you heard some guy had his car rear-ended and became aware of such things, why would you start people your car was rear ended too. You wouldn;t until or if, it actually happened to you.

How did you do the math that says, "many people who have a similar experience ONLY do so because the first was made up and all the rest copied making it up too" ?

Doesn't that sound made up or irrational and delusional?

Experiences are experiences and people talk.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#5500108 - 04/10/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The little girl's mom is a New Age believer and talks about Metatron.

It isn't hard to create a religion/mystical expirence (i.e. Scientology). I mean look at how many there are. Look at how many deities people worship. And many of the names are similiar. Does this make the mythology any more substantial or correct? Hardly.

The mind has a tendency to take information, digest and store it. Even if you are unaware of it. Mystical expirences are neuron's being triggered by a neurological event. What was so important about your expirence anyway... other than feeling high?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5500285 - 04/10/06 03:47 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"For those of you who think there is just this one physical life for you to live and then its worm food, and only the physical to be experienced, what are you doing here at this forum?

Why aren't you out there in the world, busy making more money, having more sex and hedonism, or stepping over others to get ahead?"

What an intensley negative statement. Your pretensions to an open mind are transparent and your inherant bitterness is apparent.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5500331 - 04/10/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

or stepping over others to get ahead?"

like hoping others cars break down so that one can zoom on by? ya gotta love those service-to-thers types.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5500411 - 04/10/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you are holding a bitter grudge Hue. This is the second time you have made that same personal attack on me in the last week. Should I go dig up the other recent one where you said the exact same thing?

If you have a personal grudge against me for something you are bitter about, perhaps it can be worked out in PMs. In the mean time, you are derailing my thread and are probably getting all worked up over nothing.

The question I asked that you quoted was a legitimate question to derive some insight for understanding from.  I am curious about the beleifs of those who think life is all physical and chemicals, nothing more.  If I beleived that, I wouldn't have a reason to be at a philosophy and spirituality forum. I think people who say that, may actually be at least curious about something more, for them to come here. Same as they question "mystics" I can question the foundations of others beliefs. Or, are we only allowed to ask questions of mystics and no one else?

This post is meant to serve better two way understanding for anyone open to broadening their understanding.

As the thread starter I am going to kindly ask you to quit derailing this post and take your personal attacks and problems with me into PMs. Thank you!  :sun:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: Temptress]
    #5500494 - 04/10/06 05:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Temptress said:
Quote:

or stepping over others to get ahead?"

like hoping others cars break down so that one can zoom on by? ya gotta love those service-to-thers types.  :rolleyes:

I never said I hoped other peoples cars break down. Why did you make that up? Quote me saying that or admit to lying for the prupose of misrepresenting the truth of the actual matter in a lame attempt to paint a false picture swami, I mean Temptress.

I asked for a cop to get off the road, period.  Service to others is always involved. That cop had passed by 4 other stranded cars during the hour I was behind him and only when I made the request for him to get off the road, did he actually pull over to help someone.

The Universe ONLY works to help for the good will of ALL involved. It'll will never work to hurt another to your own advantage. You are on your own when you carry il will around for others. Thats what free will is about.

I got help and the stranded dude got help as well.  WIN WIN.  :cool:

You are another who jumped in to derail the thread with personal BS, swami, I mean temptress.

If anyone cares to keep this thread on track, I'm still open to on topic discussion. I'm not surprised some wanted to derail a thread aimed at gaining more understanding of the mystic experience.

They are nothing more then experiences people really have just like any other. It's just a label for something quite common only , not as well understood, Yet.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5500541 - 04/10/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
The Universe ONLY works to help for the good will of ALL involved. It'll will never work to hurt another to your own advantage.

Then why does it happen all the time? What about those other cars that might have needed help? I'm inclined to think that the Universe simply works, as it is, a mesh network of continously interacting aspects with a sensitive dependance on the initial starting conditions of the universe.

Cause and effect, all the way, baby! :grin: Complex patterns of behavior are emergent traits of cause and effect, such as the flight patterns of migratory birds.

If someone was observing traffic, and was not aware that there were people navigating these vehicles, they might be very well inclined to hypothesize that the roads were conducting magnetic currents that led each car along its way. :lol: I'm sitting there at a red light, a line of cars in front of me and behind me, I see the light turn green, and there we go, systematically!

Which brings me to my next point! Don't you fucking hate it if a light turns green and the person that is first in line doesn't start driving in the first half-second afterwards?! Its like, jesus fucking christ, you are on the road to drive, thus, it is your primary focus to pay some fucking attention and succesfully complete the simple task of driving! Fucking pay attention! :mad:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineLife_of_a_Cell
Male
    #5500620 - 04/10/06 05:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"The question I asked that you quoted was a legitimate question to derive some insight for understanding from. I am curious about the beleifs of those who think life is all physical and chemicals, nothing more. If I beleived that, I wouldn't have a reason to be at a philosophy and spirituality forum. I think people who say that, may actually be at least curious about something more, for them to come here. Same as they question "mystics" I can question the foundations of others beliefs. Or, are we only allowed to ask questions of mystics and no one else?"

I believe in a natural universe which, although often mysterious, is understandable through empirical observation and logical inference. As such, you could say I believe life is nothing more than chemicals. This does not make me incapable of having moral values or a respect for life, and I must say that I find your claims of tolerance difficult to believe, in light of that fact that you equate empricial philosophy with immorality in the forms of consumerism and hedonism.

To me, it seems far more amazing that natural processes could lead from simple bacterium, all the way to primates weilding nuclear energies, and that thought is simply the product organic molecules and electrical impulses travelling through a massive neural network, than the idea that consciousness is the product of some divine force or that we are here by the design of some cosmic entity.

I find it very liberating to think that this is my only shot at happiness, and this life the only time I have to try and make an infintesimal shift in the direction I'd like to see the world take. It's an astounding opportunity that will never be available to me again, which is why I think it would be a petty waste to constantly chase thrills.

So, I think that what exists is observable and what is not observable must not exist. And I think that we came from nothing and we'll end in nothing, but for that flicker of time in between we get to be part of something, and by developing philosophy and debunking claims of the paranormal, we can help the human construct to progress. That's why I'm reading posts in this forum.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5500631 - 04/10/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psyka said:
The little girl's mom is a New Age believer and talks about Metatron.

I would've come to that quick conclusion too, had she not shared what her daughter told her looking for anyone to help her understand why her daughter would say such things. She had no clue why her daughter would be talking about that or about some angel named Metatron. Memeton is a close fit though. Just weird.

I know the drill. Why assume ALL people don't run it? Thats a false assumption. I put everything I experience under scrutiny myself. I also have a child who wants every noise going bump in the night explained away. I have to hunt down where sounds are coming from weekly. I find automatic sprinkler systems running, (not spirits whispering in the walls) palm branches banging on the roof, (not monsters trying to bang there way into the house) air conditioning vents humming, (not ghosts)  toys running low on batteries going off in the closet. ( Not possessed toys like chucky) My first inclination is to assume a logical and rational explanation of strange things will and can be found and if I can find them I will.  :wink:

Quote:

It isn't hard to create a religion/mystical experience (i.e. Scientology). I mean look at how many there are. Look at how many deities people worship. And many of the names are similar. Does this make the mythology any more substantial or correct? Hardly.

It's not hard to do is right. Where do you think Science Fiction comes from. Doesn't mean everyone is experiencing  or passing off fiction.

If you catch one guy selling cubic zirconium's passing them off as real diamonds, does that mean everyone who sells diamonds is automatically selling cubic zirconia?

Thats sloppy speculation, sloppy science, gross missasumption and flat out ignorance to assume such.

Quote:

The mind has a tendency to take information, digest and store it. Even if you are unaware of it. Mystical experiences are neuron's being triggered by a neurological event. What was so important about your experience anyway... other than feeling high?

Why does the brain do that?

I never said it was important.  :wink: It was just an experience I can not account for what brought it on, nor duplicate or recreate if I tried. I can say, it was overwhelmingly beautiful and awesome to experience. If I knew how to recreate it, I would again and again and again.

What was the purpose for my neurons dumping me into the experience? You tell me. I do know that anything that can bring about that intensity of peace and humility is a cool thing.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. I hope you answer why my neurons would jack me with that one while I was leaving the pool thinking about getting ready for work.

Just because something can explain how something happens on a physical level, doesn't automatically cover WHY it happens. Where we don't yet have the WHY answered, remains a philosophical, metaphysical or spiritual mystery to be understood or in the least human curiosity for some and or  something just neat to experience.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: Life_of_a_Cell]
    #5500805 - 04/10/06 06:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I believe in a natural universe which, although often mysterious, is understandable through empirical observation and logical inference.  As such, you could say I believe life is nothing more than chemicals.  This does not make me incapable of having moral values or a respect for life, and I must say that I find your claims of tolerance difficult to believe, in light of that fact that you equate empirical philosophy with immorality in the forms of consumerism and hedonism.

Thats a start. However, I did not equate empirical philosophy with immorality in the forms of consumerism and hedonism. I asked out of curiosity why would one choose moral values or to care or place meaning on chemical reactions?

I can be quite materialistic (though detached) and hedonistic myself at times. I do such things. I don't believe in moral sin and this isn't about moral judgments.

If any physical, mental or emotional harm is caused to another and it ALL is just chemicals reacting, why have it mean anything else but that, why choose to give any meaning, moral included?

Do you understand the question better now?

Quote:

I find it very liberating to think that this is my only shot at happiness, and this life the only time I have to try and make an infinitesimal shift in the direction I'd like to see the world take.  It's an astounding opportunity that will never be available to me again, which is why I think it would be a petty waste to constantly chase thrills.

If EVERYTHING is the result of a chemical reaction, what is there to be liberated from and into what else, other then, more chemical reactions?

What makes the chemical reaction that causes the experience of happiness anymore desirable then any other chemical reaction?

Why does seeing the world make a shift you would like to see, matter if your liking is just a meaningless chemical reaction?

Opportunity is just that. Objectively and empirically speaking, the feeling of astonishment comes from chemicals, not the event, right?.

What gives significant meaning to the effects you cause if both cause and effects are just chemical reactions?

Quote:

So, I think that what exists is observable and what is not observable must not exist.

So before we were able to observe microwaves and infared light, they didn't exist? :confused: If it was just a matter of us evolving science technology to detect such things, then, why should one not expect science as it evolves to further detect such things as non physical conscious causation?

Quote:

and by developing philosophy and debunking claims of the paranormal, we can help the human construct to progress.

Prior to that you said you think we come from nothing and will end in nothing. Why do you seek to work to progress your way, and humankind into nothing, if thats where it ends? Doesn't that come across as futile for everyone, no matter what it is they work at?

If what you choose to work at is more significant than another, what makes your chemical reactions making you believe that more significant then those of others that don't?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5500879 - 04/10/06 06:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The why does it happen all the time. I'm inclined to think that the Universe simply works, as it is, a mesh network of continously interacting aspects with a sensitive dependance on the initial starting conditions of the universe.

That applies!!! It may be that the guy who got help, asked for intervention as well and its all an intelligently creative orchestration. :shrug:

Quote:

If someone was observing traffic, and was not aware that there were people navigating these vehicles, they might be very well inclined to hypothesize that the roads were conducting magnetic currents that led each car along its way. :lol: I'm sitting there at a red light, a line of cars in front of me and behind me, I see the light turn green, and there we go, systematically!

I wish. Ever get behind that guy who doesn't see the light change and just sits there. Neat visual of the magnetic grids BTW. I like when some TV graphics show traffic as lazer lights moving along paths.

Quote:

Which brings me to my next point! Don't you fucking hate it if a light turns green and the person that is first in line doesn't start driving in the first half-second afterwards?! Its like, jesus fucking christ, you are on the road to drive, thus, it is your primary focus to pay some fucking attention and succesfully complete the simple task of driving! Fucking pay attention! :mad:

Hahaha you already said that. Sorry, I replied as I went down reading and quoting. Thats what horns are for.  :evil: I told my husband I wanted to make a video game called Road Rage, where you had rocket launchers, Oil slick droppers and all sorts of cool crap on your car. And then when other drivers in the game pulled shit like that, you could blast them off the road. I think people would LOVE playing virtual Road Rage.:lol:

P.S. Thanks for the cool insight and comic relief in this thread.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5501807 - 04/10/06 10:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The Universe ONLY works to help for the good will of ALL involved.

driving well over the speed limit is a dnager to all and terribly selfish. your wish was only for yourself dear sister.  :heart:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502037 - 04/11/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

And? So give me a ticket copper.:crankey::cop: And spank me too, I deserve it.:spank: Harder.......... HARDER I SAID!:crankey:

I've written here before that the only Law I break is speeding sometimes. It's no secret obviously. You can judge me for that however you want to. I will forgive you. :japsmile:

What does that have to do with the post topic anyway? Oh I know! :cool: The worst that could happen if I had caused a crash would be physical chemical reactions. :cool: They don't mean anything right? Any meaning you or I give to one is all in our imaginations right? Just ask Pyska. He'll tell you so! :cool:

See I'm a quick study!  :grin:

You on the other hand don't seem to study material very well. You made that statement as if somewhere in this thread, I said something about selfishness being wrong. Care to go grab a quote from here where I said that?  :wink:

Or are you once again, making up stuff and twisting words to incite an argument where one doesn't exist.  :wink:Your name is new, your word play tricks are old, well known and worn out. Save them for tripping up unsuspecting noobies and starting flame wars and dramas with them mmmmmmkay. :wink:

You like drama? Looking for one here? Heres one for ya-

(Forelorn Dramatic voice)I might as well digress while I am here. It's true, I am a shameful horrible selfish human being for speeding. I'm not worthy of living or your presence.:bowdown: Will you ever forgive me? I will repent for my wicked evil ways. Thank you for showing me the light of my wrongdoing against my fellow man.
I am the lowest of the lowly tis true.  I will sacrifice my car to the speeding overlords, in exchange for their forgiveness as well. To show my repentance for my wicked ways, I will spend the rest of my days standing on the highway with a sign telling everyone to SLOW DOWN:crankey: (Don't these people know they are putting chemicals at risk by speeding? :mad2:) I will forever hide from my disgrace. :ashamed:

Whoa is me, whoa is me, whoa is me.........:cryariver: :suicide:

Is that what you wanted? I aims to please :flaming:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5502047 - 04/11/06 12:08 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
And? So give me a ticket copper.:crankey::cop: And spank me too, I deserve it.:spank: Harder.......... HARDER I SAID!:crankey:

:whacker:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5502067 - 04/11/06 12:14 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

HARDER! :crankey:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5502105 - 04/11/06 12:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

*disregards noise and sputter*

is it or is it not selfish to endanger others to meet some arbitrary private timeline - yes or no?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502129 - 04/11/06 12:33 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

There may have been noise and sputter but I did not stutter. :wink:

Geez you are a slow study.:rolleyes:

I said, "I might as well digress while I am here. It's true, I am a shameful horrible selfish human being for speeding. I'm not worthy of living or your presence. Will you ever forgive me? I will repent for my wicked evil ways. Thank you for showing me the light of my wrongdoing against my fellow man.
I am the lowest of the lowly tis true. I will sacrifice my car to the speeding overlords, in exchange for their forgiveness as well. To show my repentance for my wicked ways, I will spend the rest of my days standing on the highway with a sign telling everyone to SLOW DOWN (Don't these people know they are putting chemicals at risk by speeding? ) I will forever hide from my disgrace.

Whoa is me, whoa is me, whoa is me.........

Now please quite buggin me. I am working on my slow down sign. I have to hit the pavement tomorrow with it. Chemicals are on the line ya know. :jawdrop:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5502150 - 04/11/06 12:40 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Sometimes, I think people who have only known altered states and or mystical experience via ingesting a psychedelic, think the psychedelic chemical is the cause. It is just triggering the release of your own natural chemicals that stay other wise stored. How easy to say, "oh it was the heroin".

when one is dying from a deadly poison, how silly to think it is an external checmical; it is merely the body releasing its own toxins that will kill you.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5502168 - 04/11/06 12:45 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Will you ever forgive me?

my emotional state has nothing to do with the topic which is about us understanding your view. on the one hand you talk about the narrowing of ego as a detriment to the natural unfolding; then you give an example that is entirely ego-based. it is truly hard to follow you.

whne the islamists flew their planes into the wtc, they prayed "allah, please make our aim be true. thy will be done." god granted their wish because it was free from ego and for the betterment of all else their wish would have been denied...

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #5502196 - 04/11/06 01:03 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Your name is new, your word play tricks are old

what was Temptress's old name?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502218 - 04/11/06 01:14 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I want to see a chemical break down of heroin and each individual effects on human biology, and a scientific report on what chemical is the direct cause of the high and where it comes from first before I concede.

I was talking about the chemicals you are tripping on, not the ones found in heroin that are toxic to the system. Even our own bodies produce chemicals that in excess can be toxic and kill you.

I want a full report on heroin please. In other words, Source?

The point remains and I'll gladly erase my thoughts on what you quoted and correct myself if I am wrong about how heroin works to get you high.

People go into altered states and have mystical experiences all on their own neuro chemistry.  The brain manufactures chemicals to cause the experiences. WHY?

I'm going to research it myself anyway. Maybe it was a different psychedelic I read about.

That was a lame thing to pick out too. You can pick apart everything I said, and you will never be able to stop people from having what are know as mystical experiences that mean something to them. Pick away pick away, you'll never stop it. At best, you'll just discourage people from sharing them here.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#5502241 - 04/11/06 01:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Can't stop people from having seizure's either. Are seizure's mystical expirences? How about nervous breakdowns or bouts of depression?

Why would your brain give you a "mystical" expirence? I have no idea. It probably has something to do with your biology... why the hell would a being give you a mystical expirence in direct public? What if someone mugged you while you were trippin' out?

Look. If I or other critics didn't think this was interesting, then we would pursue it. Perhaps, in picking apart I am attempting to discover truth, rather than be fooled by another sham. I have a history of being disappointed on account of blind belief. Life was much more interesting when Santa Claus existed; but when I tried to meet him, I discovered the truth. I wasn't shattered or distraught emotionally... more like disappointed that some crazy fat man didn't break into my house to give me gifts.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502252 - 04/11/06 01:26 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Do your research before you correct me. I had it correct. Read the bold.

Quote:

How heroin works
Heroin is a central nervous system depressant, which means it slows down specific functions of the brain and nervous system. Body temperature drops and breathing slows down, but the most dramatic effect takes place inside the brain. Like other opioids, heroin prompts the brain to release chemicals (neurotransmitters) called endorphins, which are responsible for feelings of pleasure. Almost immediately upon injection, the user experiences a complete cessation of all physical pain and discomfort, and is flooded with intense pleasurable feelings.

Deviate, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out who temptress is a puppet of.  :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502282 - 04/11/06 01:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Has panties pulled too tightly over brains said:

on the one hand you talk about the narrowing of ego as a detriment to the natural unfolding; then you give an example that is entirely ego-based. it is truly hard to follow you.

Where the heck did I ever say anything about it being a detriment in itself?

Where the heck did I ever say, that I am in a continuum of unfoldment and conscious expansion? I choose daily to narrow my consciousness and go into ego for various reasons. Sometimes, it just happens all on its own when I am tired. I also choose daily to broaden my consciousness and let go of ego stuff.

Both have a purpose, neither is inherently right or wrong. Each serves a goal and what you choose depends on the goal you are after. Sometimes, either isn't a choice, like when tired or like when inspired.

Where did you get this false idea that I am some religious moral self righteous person?

Where did you get this false idea that I belong to and follow a specified religious, philosophical or spiritual teaching or path?

I can be a demon, an angel, a helping hand, a dickhead, a guiding light, a dark hole. I can have changes of mind and heart and perspective because I am free. Capiche?

Try all you want to paint me into some box that isn't true of me and then judge me for going outside of it. That's an old trick. :thumbdown:

Keep using them and I'll keep exposing them.  :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502293 - 04/11/06 02:00 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That's cool psyka. :cool: Same reason I am asking questions. :wink: Maybe we are just a lump of cells and chemicals. I have no empirical evidence I can repeat to prove otherwise. I have enough experiential evidence to lean towards there being something much more to all of this for myself to go on.  Even if its sub atomic quantum energy, so be it.

I appreciate the perspective you shared. I even enjoyed coming from it myself. Its interesting to believe. It changes everything.

There are two people who posted here with zero intent of gaining any new understanding here. There only intent is to pick me personally apart. I know you are not one of them. I respect your  contributions and integrity with your participation in this thread. :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5502294 - 04/11/06 02:02 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Try all you want to paint me into some box that isn't true of me and then judge me for going outside of it.

you painted the box; claimed it as some sort of undertsanding then contradicted yourself.

what exactly are we supposed to attempt to understand?

--------------------

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5502298 - 04/11/06 02:05 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I want to see a chemical break down of heroin and each individual effects on human biology, and a scientific report on what chemical is the direct cause of the high and where it comes from first before I concede.

I was talking about the chemicals you are tripping on, not the ones found in heroin that are toxic to the system. Even our own bodies produce chemicals that in excess can be toxic and kill you.

abzoultely amazing! (or perhaps not :frown:) nowhere did i mention heroin and yet - ah nevermind...

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502304 - 04/11/06 02:19 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Temptress said:
Quote:

Try all you want to paint me into some box that isn't true of me and then judge me for going outside of it.

you painted the box; claimed it as some sort of understanding then contradicted yourself.

what exactly are we supposed to attempt to understand?

Nope, you painted that box. :wink:I've got thousands of posts here coming from all sorts of perspectives and understandings and many contradict each other.  I've never been consistent and don't plan to be as long as I continue to choose to keep exploring the depths and heights of myself and existence.

Where did you now miss that I said I am free to explore all facets and levels of consciousness.  "Consistency = truth" is your bag swami, not mine, never was. What's true and right in one place is false and wrong in another. Consistency only holds true of predictability in the objective physical realm. In the abstract realm and in the subjective realm, it's all true.

A person exploring multidimensional consciousness will deal with many contractive views and understandings. My mind isn't linear or bound to a single perspective or ideology or understanding. Capiche?

What are we suppose to understand you ask? Nothing if you don't want too. If you are open to understanding differing opinions and views and experiences then there is much here to help people understand something where before they may have been mis-judging it.

I grew in understanding from it. :shrug:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5502315 - 04/11/06 02:36 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Temptress said:
Quote:

absolutely amazing! (or perhaps not :frown:) nowhere did i mention heroin and yet - ah nevermind...

Oh, I mind, lets take a look. You didn't mention heroin is right. I was talking about heroin for an example and how external drugs just release a flood of our own natural chemicals.

Then you went off topic with some irrelevant reply about toxic poison killing people as if it had anything to do with the statement I made. 

Thats another one of your tricks. To get people to reply to irrelevant responses so you can either

A. Figure people will assume it fits and make what they said look foolish as if what you called silly relates to what I said being equally silly. No its not. Its scientific fact.

B. To drag them off topic and into an area easier to get them to stumble in. Then you use that to try to discount the original topic. I didn't fall for getting into a discussion about how toxic poisons work. And , what you said in reply is meaningless because it's irrelevant to what I was talking about.

But thanks for giving me reason to back up what I said with scientific data. :thumbup: :cool:

People can figure out for themselves why you thought it relevant or what you meant by it.

Quote:

Quote:

Jiggy said;

Sometimes, I think people who have only known altered states and or mystical experience via ingesting a psychedelic, think the psychedelic chemical is the cause. It is just triggering the release of your own natural chemicals that stay other wise stored. How easy to say, "oh it was the heroin".

Quote:

temp said:

when one is dying from a deadly poison, how silly to think it is an external chemical; it is merely the body releasing its own toxins that will kill you.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5502341 - 04/11/06 03:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

seems we are supposed to learn that god cares more about some hurried housewife finding a parking space than for a cardiac patient to recover as he failed to respond to those sincere requests.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #5502591 - 04/11/06 07:26 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Temptress said:
seems we are supposed to learn that god cares more about some hurried housewife finding a parking space than for a cardiac patient to recover as he failed to respond to those sincere requests.

Wow, Swam, you're not even trying to hide yourself anymore.

In my opinion: To assume that God "cares" one way or another is folly, and is based on the age-old (foolhardy) belief that God is a likeness of man... as if God thinks like we do... reasons like we do... cares like we do. It just isn't so.

Things work out as they will, and sometimes it's in your benefit. To recognize POTENTIAL benefit--and to work with that potential--allows you to take advantage of this potential benefit due to your own conscious realization of the situation at hand.

Let's say I'm playing racquetball (hahaha, stay with me now friend...) and my opponent hits a line-drive straight at my head. If I'm exercising my awareness, I will maneuever myself in a way that allows me to either a) avoid being hit by it, or b) hit it back.

On the other hand, if I am NOT exercising my awareness of the state of my surroundings, I will be beaned in the head.

Jiggy might have failed to notice the cop all together, sped down the road, and got pulled over. Her awareness allowed her to keep the cop in check until it was no longer necessary. Perhaps her literal thoughts and requests are just her way of keeping herself in tune with the situation.

So, then, what if that racquetball was a train coming toward you, and you were tied to the tracks? Is it just as easy to evade this situation as it was to evade the racquetball? All it takes is awareness, right? Wrong. It takes awareness coupled with a certain state of reality. It is one's awareness OF the state of reality that allows one to benefit from potential outcomes of that reality.

Sincere requests (or, as I like to call them, "awareness enhancers") on their own may not be enough to stop a speeding train, or cardiac arrest. But what if you can MacGuyver out of the situation with a clothespin and chewing gum? When a situation COMPLIMENTS one's awareness, these two things will work together to reveal a solution.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #5503621 - 04/11/06 01:43 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You get it JC. I shared that story not because one is supposed to believe anything about what some God out there I don't even believe in cares more for.

I believe our own consciousness (limited as it may be in the physical) is a spark of a greater universal intelligent creative energy.

By harmonizing yourself with it, which means awareness moved out of the ego self identity and into the universal beingness identity, awesome things begin to be realized that otherwise wouldn't.

I've been studying and testing out the laws of how working with this universal energy works for over a decade now. I've discovered stuff, nowhere near all there is to remember.

Take the guy in cardiac arrest "praying to live" example. First off, he is probably praying only because he is afraid of dying. FEAR, is not resonant with this higher intelligence. No resonation, no higher power within to heal with.

He also is probably feeling like a victim of something that happened to him. No realization of taking responsibility for his self as his own first cause,  means that again, he isn't in resonant harmony with IT. No higher power within to heal with.

He also probably thinks he was here to become CEO of the bank he works for and wants to live for ego power status reasons. When he was in resonance with IT before birth, he may have chose to come here with a soul group choosing a family dynamic and to help those in his personal life realize patience in the physical by being short fused bastard (which is what also lead to the cardiac arrest which fits in with the bigger plan). They did come to realize it, his life purpose was fulfilled , time to go. See how neatly it all works?

If he was in resonant harmony with IT, he would know that and that if he wanted the healing modalities to kick in, he would need to make a new a life purpose choice not based on an ego desire, to stay longer. Even some who achieve that conscious awareness in such a state and realize they can make a choice to stay, sometimes, are ready to leave and no prayer of another is going to change that.

They are offered choices in the dream states or NDE. If they go, they chose too. Be at peace with it. 

The power I speak of when in resonant harmony with IT is higher awareness. In that awareness we make different choices and when in resonant harmony with it, it works to fulfill them.

House wife, man in cardiac arrest, those are human ego definitions. They mean NOTHING to IT. It doesn't even recognize those definitions. It just sees IT in all of us. When we become IT, in awareness we now have ITs co-operation working through and for us. 

I've been exploring how all of this works and putting it to tests for at least 12 years now and I have made some discoveries. Still much more I am working on. Still much more to figure out.

Being in resonant harmony with IT means being
IN universal love,
joy,
forgiveness,
understanding
good will
appreciation for all that is
and peace.

Thats ITS natural state of being.

How many people do any of you even know in that state ever, let alone for just brief periods?

And people wonder why others don't believe in any higher creative intelligent power. Why should one believe in something they have not realized for themselves? I understand that.

Ever notice that when people are in that energy of resonant harmony, from their POV, things are going their way? Even if they weren't they are so freaking happy and at peace, it doesn't matter. The view of everything changes when in it, and so does your understanding of life. Thats being in the higher awareness where there is nothing to fear.

I've learned that being in fear tenses everything up so tight a form of energetic paralysis kicks in. No power can flow through. If power isn't reaching the light bulb, how are you going to see with it?

Same with all of its negative derivatives, that tighten things up and cut off power flows.  You can still get power when in those states, only thats what we know as energy vamping and using other peoples power against them to feel powerful. Thats lame and what most people habitually run on-power theft to feel IT, because they lost their resonant harmony connection with IT.

I fall into old habits of doing it to sometimes. I also fall into old habits of giving my power over to others to be used against me. I also fall deeper into ego and loose access to my own sometimes.

It's NOT easy to surrender to it. Ego puts up a lot of resistance because it wants to be head honcho. Ego intelligence is a moron in comparison to Universal intelligence. Surrender. Let go. Then pay attention to what you can see with its sight. Pay attention to what can be done with its wisdom and know how. IT wants to show you all of the wonders of existence. The beauty of itself. When you deny it, you're in the dark to all of those things save for what power you can thieve.

Don't use me or my actions as an example of results. I'm still testing stuff out, like seeing how how well it follows me into ego. I test to see if it comes in more, with ego in a different self understandings that are broadened. I test to see what the chain of break down is when I go into resistance. I test what the mechanisms of what happens when I give my power over to others in fear. There is so much to test and figure out how it works. In other words, I'm not always in resonant harmony with it.

I'm leaving out a lot of what I have discovered simply because I could write books on it. I hear people say things like, I did once believe and I did try to work with it and nothing happened so its bullshit. Unfortunately, we are taught wrong from birth how to work with it and are moreso, taught how to work against IT, "the self".

Who here thinks someone talking about IT should be able to put up a few simple lines that cover it all? No one I am aware even is close to having it all figured out yet.  If it was that easy, the whole world would be in Joy, universal love, forgiveness, understanding, appreciation for all that is and peace ALL of the time. Look around you. It's easy to forget and difficult to re-member the pieces back into the whole self that is just a spark of the IT.

Give up on if you want. Free will. Some of us here are yet working to rebuild the whole self. We are not bad people out to deceive or hurt others. We are not out to become fraudulent scam artists. We are not in support of waging war and ignorance in the name of some God. We just want to return to the ongoing realization of the love we came from, the love we ar when in our true being. Helping each other to remember is a part of that, what some of us "mystic heads" are doing here.

FYI, its what all of you are doing here who come here. You just having become aware of that yet.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5503896 - 04/11/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

First off, he is probably praying only because he is afraid of dying. FEAR, is not resonant with this higher intelligence.

as opposed to say - fear of not arriving on time or having to walk another hundred feet because of no parking space. i see the radical difference.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5504250 - 04/11/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

No, you don't see the radical difference. I will show it to who ever has eyes to see it with.  :smile: :sun:

Wanting to be surrounded by family, the joy of giggling nephews, the smile on my daughters face to see here cousins again. It was about a love of family coming into more of it.  If I utilized ways to safely close gaps between love and more love, I not only can, I did.  :cool:

Saving myself from the walk isn't what the parking spot diddy is all about. I work out 30 minutes a day at home, take Martial arts, play golf, tennis, mountain bike, walk the neighborhood, swim regularly. Lazy I am not. I do that one because its just fun, like an inside joke between me and the Universe. It's a silly way of experiencing resonance with IT in the physical.

You looked for a fear base and found one in your imagination. It was never there. All love.

Here's another funny one for anyone interested.

When I last spoke to my sister-in-law making plans for the hook up at the hotel, I told her, "I'd like to get there before 5, however, being realistic, if I we get there between before 5 Divine intervention will have had to take place. 5-6 is realistic if all goes smooth. If I'm not there 6, figure something went afoul and go ahead to dinner.

So, walking into the hotel, my watch says, 5:50. I was hoping I would catch them. I get to the front desk and their clock says, 4:50. I was like wtf? The lady said they are an hour behind Tampa.
:rofl2:

Make of it what you will. :wink:

Then my brother came by on his way up from the beach and all was well and we had a Fabulous time. I even won the sand building contest. I made a kick ass Mayan Temple.  :smile:

Off to finish planting more stuff in a new garden. Looking forward to seeing what you chose to pick at next. Studying cynics so I can understand them better is a hobby of mine.  :thumbup: If no one wants to add to the topic, I'll be happy to keep studying you through it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

#5504667 - 04/11/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wanting to be surrounded by family, the joy of giggling nephews, the smile on my daughters face to see here cousins again.

i see. the cardiac patient wanting all that and more is in fear while you claiming those extra few minutes above others safety is about love - how very copernican.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5504807 - 04/11/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Temptress said:
Quote:

Wanting to be surrounded by family, the joy of giggling nephews, the smile on my daughters face to see here cousins again.

i see. the cardiac patient wanting all that and more is in fear while you claiming those extra few minutes above others safety is about love - how very copernican.

It's not that simple. There is a difference between wanting something and being in fear of loosing what you want. Granted the cardiac patient is hypothetical. I drew from other cases I am aware of which is where I learned how it works, and applied them to possibilities of the hypothetical.

I had no fear of not being there. My life ussually kicks ass where ever I am. I had no attachment to either being there or not. Just would've extra kick ass.

You can want as much as you want, sincerely, genuinely and truly. If you fear loosing it, or "what if" you don't get it, that's a sure sign, there are ego identity attachments to it. When you are in your ego physical identity belief and not your universal self identity, you have no higher awareness and cut yourself off from your own universal power source.

If you want while in your universal  self identity, you are in joy, peace, understanding, forgiveness, good will, appreciation for all that is, and all without attachment to anything. When there, you already feel like you are it all and have it all, all that really matters anyway.

Weather you get it or not doesn't matter much. You could take or leave it and all is the same, maybe just a tad more amped up if you get it. When in that mode, that's when you usually get it. If you don't, (for other reasons that may be in play) you don't even care. It's easy to let go of what you never held unto in the first place.

Where ever it is you think cardiac arrest man thinks he got jipped or was left to the buzzards, I see and understand something else at play.  I see a person with that attitude who jipped himself of coming into realisation of his universal. This stuff is just flesh without spirit, buzzard food.

Like I said, I didn't cover all of the details of how this stuff works, of what I have figured out so far, because it would take books. I gave a general overlay and some more just now.

This may simplify it-

How can the universe put something new in your hand, when you are holding tightly unto something else?

Before it can, you have to let go of whatever it is you are holding tightly on too. People only hold on tight when they are in fear of loss. To get anything new, you have to let go of the fear and let go of your grip, and let the universal love and good stuff flow in. It won't even matter anymore at that point if you get the new or not.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5505129 - 04/11/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Believers in the Paranormal, Mystics, whatever you care to call those who know that there's more than the physical realm to this world are not creating something out of nothing - simply taking advantage of what's already there.

All the others can claim that these tools of reality dont exist all they want, it's none of my concern that they're losing out.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineDeviate
    #5506414 - 04/12/06 01:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

None of it was on drugs, I don't use them.

funny because i had always assumed you were an LSD enthusiast due to the rush lyrics in your sig. anyway it's refreshing to find someone here who doesn't use drugs.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5506465 - 04/12/06 02:12 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Trippen out on my own and others thoughts and life itself is plenty enough for me. I don't require or desire any assistance there. :lol:

I grew up in the 70s and my older brothers played a lot of Rush. I picked up an appreciation for them back then, from them. My brothers however, were using drugs while listening to them.

Music was my drug of choice in my teens.

The lyrics in my sig are just a cool ideal to me. I wish!

I hear Ya Foster.  That's why my post is entitled Care to Understand. It was created for those who do.  :smile: 

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDeviate
    #5506475 - 04/12/06 02:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yes, i know those lyrics. i used to listen to rush back when i did drugs haha. they have a lot of nice lyrics. but ever since i quit drugs ive been experimenting with that idea that "life is enough" and its really working out quite well. it makes me wonder what i was smoking when i thought i needed drugs.

Edited by Deviate (04/12/06 02:24 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5506630 - 04/12/06 05:35 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
it makes me wonder what i was smoking when i thought i needed drugs.

Perhaps you were smoking your own weak mind?

Drugs are great. I don't need drugs, but yet I do them. Best of both worlds. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #5510365 - 04/12/06 10:44 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I am merely stating the obvious. I am derailing nothing. Your philosophy is at the expense of others. Note: You are not your ideas. An attack on your ideas is not an attack on you. Another note ideas = ego, values, and beliefs.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (04/14/06 07:15 PM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #5519539 - 04/15/06 10:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i think dialogues are a great form of learning.  you get so much more information and new concepts when there is a disagreement.

I only feel bad for those of us that are as of yet unmentioned who get lots of mystical experiances but doesn't end in love and light or more personal power other than acceptance.
  The majority of my personal mystical experiances for instance lead to greater levels of confusion and acceptance of confusion, then even greater confusion again.  all of this causing stress because i've seen alot more poeple damaged by going with the flow then going against it, and when the stakes are more then just then just the mistakes of an animated peice of dust thats not going to have to live with it very long anyways, you don't want to be the person that gets tired and falls.

i guess i'm just feeling sorry for myself.  i had a mystical experiance 2 days ago in which i believe i discovered the path to a cure for autism and was getting shit loads of information from several non-physical sources and how long term patterns in my life were being manipulated for the good of all.
  i'm going to do what i was instructed to do, but i realise now that i was just temporarily psychotic. by the way all this hit me while i was mopping the floor and thinking about being at a party.  it gave me a headache for two days from the attempting to "come down".
  and i knew even when it started not to trust it because shit like that happens to me a dozen times a year more or less.  the fucked up thing is every so often one of these visions or episodes or whatever works out the way i expect it to so i never know what to believe anymore.  also i get completely contradictory mystical experiances.

whats more is although i do get mystical "loving"(insert positive expression of your choice there) experiances, i get alot more that tell me that "love" isn't real, or that things that i percieve as loving are actually harming or restraining me under the banner of feel good.

so i can understand what the critics are saying.  just thought i'd throw my two cents in, i don't mean anything by it other than i felt like that point of view was left out.

edit: also suprising left out:  mushroom/DMT/LSD/salvia entities which assuming they're real are defintely way more complex/intelligent than anything a human can relate to just as often as not present not love and understanding to poeple but bizzarre thoughts that go beyond anything that a human should be shown.  i would think of special interest on the critics side would be that the higher dimensional beings from drug world generally present pictures without any rational human concepts or feelings and devoid of practical or emotional use.
can anyone here imagining smoking a huge hit of salvia and asking the wierd dimensional viney thing to be put back in a world where they had a parking spot? :smile:  i don't think i'd even be able to hold on the memory of what a parking spot was much less be able to communicate it to that thing.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (04/15/06 10:33 PM)

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: Care to understand more? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5519821 - 04/15/06 11:24 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"can anyone here imagining smoking a huge hit of salvia and asking the wierd dimensional viney thing to be put back in a world where they had a parking spot? i don't think i'd even be able to hold on the memory of what a parking spot was much less be able to communicate it to that thing. "

The words that you would most probably be saying would be: "Parking spot? What is 'parking spot'? Who?...Ok" and then you'd go on with your trip... :-)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag