Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHaZe
Wasting our lives? * 1
    #549495 - 02/12/02 10:48 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Are people actually content with modern life? I look at what?s ahead of me? and simply wonder if it?s worth it? Of course I?ll go to University (delay the inevitable) and then what? give the next 30 years of my life to some occupation I?ll grow to hate? Where?s the f?n logic in accepting to be shit on? When did this society decide they had enough freedom? (Now all they do is take more of it away)

Our priorities are wrong, and its dividing people (Further separating the classes) The rich have become the powerful. Their life is worth more then others, and it doesn?t matter what kind of a person they are? or how they acquired their wealth (just that they have it)

We?ve devoted our lives to improving life for the future, and I say that sarcastically. Does any one really think technology will improve our lives? Sure medical breakthroughs are important, and they should be continued? but why prolong life?
(Who wants to be 100 years old?) I?ll happily leave this earth whenever my body calls for it.

I look at "heaven", as the desire for something we've DECIDED is unobtainable on earth. People have faith in a god that they?ve never seen, but none in the world around them. Let?s just continue on with our so-called lives, and one day he?ll reveal himself? maybe we?ll be enlightened.

So basically what I?m trying to say is that we?ve got 2 decisions. One you accept life for what it currently is and hope to get something out of it. Or you can fight for what you want? what you deserve. The evolvement of technology won?t bring happiness? it won?t eliminate crime, or hunger. (With it you accept greed, & hate as human nature)

We need to evolve mentally, and spiritually? we must improve ourselves before we can change the world.

Edited by HaZe (02/12/02 10:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZylo
journeyman
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: HaZe]
    #549570 - 02/13/02 12:21 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, I hear you on this and can understand and apperciate where your coming from. Here is a few thoughts that I have relative to this subject. And from my own personal experiences.

I agree, that medical breakthroughs are great for us, I do want to live a long and healthy life! The problem is most people don't lead healthy lives physically or mentally. You need both. I know my mom for example is the principal of a school, and we live in a nice house with 3 new cars in our driveway (Oldest is a '99) My car. Anyhow, she is overweight, comes home tired every day, and is not happy. She gets stressed out at her job and just doesn't enjoy life. To me, this is not worth it. Her physical health is not there. Her mental health is not there. Someone could offer me 10 Million Dollars, or great physical and mental health. I will take Health EVERY single time. Money means nothing to me. You need to have a job that you fully enjoy and I feel it needs to be something to compliment who you are and which allows you to give back to something you believe in. An example is that I am in University to become a Sports Physiotherapist. I play a lot of sports, and I concentrate mostly on Tennis. With this job, I will be encouraged by other athletes and see their dedication and accomplishments which will motivate me to excel in my sports. Also I'm giving back to the sport by helping other atheletes, This helps me mentally and physically, I love talking to people about sports. My thing here is, the job pays nicely. But that is NOT what I care about. It's for my health and lifestyle. Some people love to paint, make music. Paramedics and lifeguards save lives. Whatever makes you happy. Some people absolutley love teaching, for my mom however, it just stresses her out and makes her plop down and not want to do anything when she gets home which hurts her physically and mentally.

Next I want to talk about freedoms. We do not have a lot of freedoms in this world. Which is unfortunate, since most of us are from Canada and the U.S.A. which I think are one of the top countries for freedom. Even here we are told what to do. How to act. What to do with our money. Get this. You have to pay land taxes.... Um WTF is land tax. Bullshit I have to pay someone else to build a house. You can not own land in In my opinion.... If so, I should be paying the Natives that live here. They owned the land first before the goverment. I would rather pay the Native americans (Who were fucked aswell by our government).

For personal freedoms.... ALL drugs should be legal. Nothing pisses me off more than two things with this issue.

First, some people will say "Drugs are bad, they are illegal, and I'm happy"

Second, some people will say "Legalize Marajuana, it's harmless" and they say hard drugs like Crack and Heroin should be illegal...

Um, hello, Fuck you both. It is my personal right to choose what I want to put in my body. Do not tell me Pot is good and Heroin is bad. They both kill you stupid fucker. If you want one to be legal. Legalize them all..... it is personal choice. I think at least, you should be able to do WHATEVER you want in your own home. I pay enough god damn money for it.... I should be able to do whatever I want. If you want to raise goats for sacrafice. Fucking A! Go for it, just not around me... All drugs should be made legal. Obviously you do not have to sell them in stores. But I should be able to grow mushrooms in my own house and eat them myself with friends and consenting adults...

Also, I hear in England somewhere, they have installed some new camera's for the police to use throught the city. they are 360 degree cameras and can zoom in like nobodies business... No matter where you are in the public area's of the city. You can be seen 24/7 by the police. Yes, they have caught a lot more criminals since they see where they go when they leave... Just watch the camera's and follow them around. They can't go anywhere... BUT, I do not like this. I am willing to make the risk of crime or whatever so that I can not be seen 24 hours a day. That freaks me out... To think no matter where I am, I am being watched.... Monitored.. that freaks me out more than the though of some scary guy mugging me.... I am willing to risk it for my personal freedom. I think if the police can spy on us. I should be able to install camera's into Official Government buildings, and spy on the pentagon and what they are doing in Area 51... Why do they get privacy and we don't???? OOOH. I it's for my own good? How the hell do they know what is "For my own good"..... They are pulling this bullshit for their own good... they want to hide everything from us. And they want to SEE and SPY on EVERYTHING we do. They want to control us. Monitor us. Make sure we do what they say.

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT. FUCK POLITICS. FUCK THE POLICE. FUCK THE ARMY. FUCK RACISM. FUCK CRIME. FUCK COUNTRIES. (We are all Human's of earth) DO NOT DIVIDE US BY race/geographic location/ethnic background/language

Do not tell me what I can and can not do to myself.

Do not tell me that I have to pay for insurance on my house (My loss if it burns). SO FUCK OFF.

Do not tell me what I have to look like to be accepted (Unfortunatley and sadly, this happens not just by the government, but by everyone around me) They are constantly judging everyone and not even knowing it. I talk with my friends who complain to me that everyone judges them. Then 5 minutes later they are looking at a stranger and telling me he looks like an idiot..... Unfotunatley this happens to everyone, and everyone does it no matter how hard they try not to.

I do not like this world. We have so much potential as a human species to get along with everyone and better ourselves spiritualy and physically. There is to much hate in this world. But that goes with being human...

You can not change the instincts of a wild lion. You can not ask him to not eat you . He will kill you if you touch him.

You can not change human instincts and tendancies either. I believe we are born with hate. When I studied psychology in University, I had a large debate with my professor who firmly believe "Hate" was a learned human trait, and not something we are born with.

But, take this into consideration... When a human baby is born... It is handed to the mother.. Why? Because that baby will BOND with the mother. It trusts the mother, and DOES NOT trust other people. We are born with the human instinct to NOT trust people we don't know, and to fear them and have negative feelings towards them. That eventually grows into anger and hate later in life when we feel those emotions.....

Well, that's all I have to say about that.

I love everyone, I love people, I always give people the benefit of the doubt, I honestly try not to judge people before I meet them (Even though I slip up and catch myself).

We can not ever eliminate prejudice unfortunatley... I try my hardest not to judge people, I try to be tolerant of other peoples flaws. I try to hold back any negative thoughts and emotions and I try to hold my breath when I have something to say that is negative. I try to show love, compassion, understanding, hope and show everyone that I care about them. And anger is not the way.

Now after having said that. I have this to share with you...

the past 2-5 years, I was a HaRdCoRe PunK Ass living on the streets. I did not listen to this sissy shit that is on the radio now.. that's not punk. No I listened to the Dead Kennedy's, Oi Polloi and various other bands. A lot of old school. And I went to all the local concerts, I got into fights almost daily, I've kicked the shit out of a lot of people iwth my fists/boots/chains/sticks/ spiked bracelts on my fist everything. ANd of course, I have had my own ass beaten in a lot of times.

The point of this is, I have had my share of Hate, I know in my heart it does nothing. Not once did I ever feel pleasure before/during/after a fight. It only spawned more anger in me and hatred. I walked around in a bad mood all the time. My friends were not real friends when push came to shove.

I have new friends, a new attitude on life. And I love everyone. I have no hate inside of me anymore. I let that all go within the past 2 years, instead of hating someone who is rude to me, I pity them inside. And I try to understand them. Usually I find they are only angry because something in their life is hurting them inside (The way it was with me years ago). And I try to sympathize with them, and I am nice to them. And I often find that their anger will disapate as they see I am not the enemy they thought I was. I accept everyone that i can and try to show them that I don't care what they look like or who they are. I will hang out iwth them, and accept all their beliefs and values and morals...

Well, that's all I have to say right now I guess...

Try not to judge people. The government and the media/magazines/commercials do enough judging for us about what we should look like/ eat, how to act etc...

Do not judge. Accept, understand and show kindness..

Remember these words if nothing else.

"You will only pass through this world once, therefore any good you can do, do it now, for you shall not pass through this world again."

I live by those words.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #549782 - 02/13/02 07:33 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Primitive people had to fight for survival on a moment by moment basis...watch out for that sabertoothed tiger!
Now we have technology that enables us to have more time to think and explore ourselves....but is it really any less of a survival game????

Hasn't the battle just moved from the tundra and plains to inside of ourselves????
Are we any less in danger from what is inside of us than we were when man was in an "eat or be eaten" stage of daily life???

What's the answer???

Like you said-do we surrender to the machine or accept and try to achieve....????

You're right on with the idea that the change starts inside of me....... .......Tannis

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: Tannis]
    #550035 - 02/13/02 12:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Our base survival instincts are no longer suitable for the modern age. Dynamic systems in our unconscious are there in order to give us the drive to survive, get food, stockpile energy and resources. However, now that we have such a high population and all this technology, we no longer have a need to follow these urges that were designed for us to survive in the past. They have got us this far but now humanity needs to leave them behind and adopt new systems founded on mutual cooperation. If the world shared a long term goal of the kind of society that it would like to see in the future, we could all work towards it. What we have instead is politicians who still subconsciously feel the need to gain and retain power and wealth at the expense of others. More and more people are starting to wake up and see that such a change is nescessary, so falling asleep again would be the worst thing that you could do.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: Tannis]
    #550038 - 02/13/02 12:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My horriscope mentioned this for this next year, saying bout how no matter what i strive for, when i get there, will it be enough? Working long hard days to survive, for the same outcome as if we were just dead. The rich don't have to survive, the poor do. I think this may also be what hurts us, the people who just cant survive, they dont know what to do kill themselves, kill others. The ones who dont want to work because they see the truth go and rob banks to survive.  We've always had to work however, no matter how long, but it was usually for ourselves, and not money to buy food. Either way its all the same, i guess this is what makes our lives so unique, we work and work, then when is time to relize WTF am i doing, you experiance alot of stress, and work your ass off to retire, then when you do you kick back and have some fun before you die, and learn some shit with your old age and wisdom. God's probably saying; The air's on me this time, you need your own food :wink:)

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: Zylo]
    #550077 - 02/13/02 01:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hello!!!!!! are we thiniing with the same brain???? Wow, You touched on just about everything I was thinking! I am in the same boat. I know many many people with an overabundance of the almighty dollar, and very few if any are truly happy. I too am going to college. However I am going to find out what WILL make me happy in the long run. And also to learn things that my mind is hungry for! I also do not give the first shit about money! Obviosly I don't want to live on the street, but if I have enough for food shelter and clothing I am happy. Simple as that! I dont want all this bullshit like 10000 watches, 50000 cars, and a million dollar house. That is just not me. I want to live in a place where I can go outside and see nature (not a city skyline). I want a job (notice I didn't say career) where I can be happy with what I am doing and in turn hopefully make others happy as well! And if I want to do something else one day, I will do it because the idea of working your whole life in the same building makes me sick. People change so why should'nt what you do change with you? Hopefully I will meet someone that can enjoy these things with me, but if that person does not come along, I will be ok because I am the only one that can be responsible for my own happiness! (think about it!) Escape can be found in this world! You just have to have the gusto to say F*#! you man, I'm going to be happy! Sure there will be bumps in the road, but If you do that nothing can stop you!

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #550214 - 02/13/02 02:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think the only thing we can do as individuals is to do what we think is right. If you truly believe that pursuing a career and money and material objects is not the way human beings should be living their lives then DON'T CONFORM! Do your own thing. The only way any social change will happen is if people make it happen. Its all too easy to be dragged along in the societal machine, and I for one always try my best to not be affected by the mainstream idea of how to live my life. Only I can decide that.

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #550224 - 02/13/02 03:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Amen!!!!

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #550281 - 02/13/02 03:50 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat.

Eventually you get pissed off.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: Zylo]
    #550446 - 02/13/02 06:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

hahah oh shit man.....beautiful. Seriously those are my thoughts too. I'm also at college and I'm looking for a degree in microbiology..why? i want to work to find a cure for diseases. When i got to college i had no idea what i wanted to do, i opened my eyes and realized i wanted to be part of something that i knew was good to the core. I try my best everday to be nice and show compassion to people. I feel those feelings of fear and anger every now and again... but i stop and think....why am i feeling this?? this is stupid....imagine if i was that guy. Being angry in your life isn't worth it!!! I want to try and help other people to become understanding too. We as humans are so incredible intelligent...but we fail to actually acknowledge our intelligence and the good it can bring. It seems like everyone out there acts on their first impulse.....come on people....think...and love =)

OfflineSplat
Deviant
Loc: Santa Cruz CA
    #550456 - 02/13/02 07:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Isnt it rediculous that we all feel so similarly and yet hardly ever speak out about these concepts? Makes you wonder how many people would share the same views if they thought and spoke openly. Big buissness wouldnt have that though.. wouldnt be profitable. Amen to MTV.....

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: Splat]
    #550604 - 02/13/02 09:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The funny thing is when asked individually I bet most people would agree with most of what has been said in this thread. But when they are put in social situations with potential competitors they forget all about their idealism and look out for themselves. I guess we need more people to act on their beliefs and not care what other people think.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: Wasting our lives? [Re: mm.]
    #552319 - 02/15/02 08:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Like I said----the battle is now off the plains and tundra and is in the mind....none of us has had to battle the beast in the streets but all of us are battling our thoughts...

Some are searching
Some feel they have the answers
Some want to teach
Some want to impose their thoughts on all of us
Some just say fuck it

The battle in the brain rages on.....
Happiness?---Is that when everything goes right?
Peace?---Is that when not everything goes right and we feel ok anyway?
Acceptance?---Is that peace even if the dogs gets beat?

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #552608 - 02/15/02 01:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I hear ya, but I can't see that we can really change it without external help. At the moment I have quite a bad outlook on life. Through circumstances that I have created my personal life is not a very happy one. I'm badly "under achieving" at college...basically because i'm not going, at least not very often. It is a hopeless cycle, i am in a computing course which at the moment is the last thing I really want to be doing. I don't find it interesting at all, and if I continue on this line I will end up doing it for a living (the very last thing I would wish to do).

It feels like i'm tied to the situation through the commitments I have made to my parents. They see it that the reason i don't go to college is because i am depressed and not really motivated in the least bit to go, which is true, but more to the point - I'm not going because I don't want to be there. I'm trying to change my reality, i'm basically trying to become someone else. I want to travel around the world by foot, i want to connect with nature and other people. I just want to experience life.

I don't want to follow the life template that society has created, by that I mean that I don't want to go to college, go to uni, get a job, get married, get life insurance, have children and try to force the same thing on them. Who says that's what life is about? When I look around my town I see a lot of unhappy people, I see people stuck in a rut. I don't see that this type of life has any real point. Few people enjoy this type of structure. I often wonder how people would act if they were born into a more natural environment. If they were never told how to live, how would they live? I feel sorry for the children I see. I understand how beautiful a child is, I see how we are all born beautiful and it makes me feel bad to see how we are manipulated into this cycle without even the knowledge of a greater purpose. I see the beauty of the natural world and makes me sad to look around the towns and cities I see. It hurts to look around, this is not what we were born to do. Why do we have to work for other people? Who the fuck has the right to tell another human what to do? This system discards the people that don't fit in. When I was waiting for the train to college the other day an old man walked into the station, he is an alcoholic and lives in a homeless shelter, everyday he walks to the station and sits in the warmth and drinks Tenants Super. That is his life. Nobody is going to give him a job, that will be his life until he dies. When he talked to me I could see the sadness and lonliness in his eyes. He is just another guy that rejected the system, and now he is being punished for it.

I don't know what we can do about it, I think we have probably just fucked ourselves with this system. It would take a huge planet hurtling towards the earth to change it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract