Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
Grain to grain
    #549548 - 02/13/02 01:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I like doing grain to grain transfers because you get such fast colonization times. I've gone two generations deep so far and I was wondering how long I can keep doing these transfers without having to make a fresh batch of jars from fresh spores? When will the strain start to degrade? Thanks...bassplayer74

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Grain to grain [Re: bassplayer74]
    #549576 - 02/13/02 02:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Generally it?s recomended not to transfer more than 4-5 times, but in the home cultvation that?s not a big issure.

Revert to spores either when you?re not pleased with the resulting fruits or when you get contamination.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #549675 - 02/13/02 06:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

By grain to grain, do you mean you scoop some of your colonized grain from one jar into several uncolonized jars?

If so I want to try that. Does this reduce only the colonization time of the new jars or is the risk of contamination reduced as well?

Thanks.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Re: Grain to grain [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #549680 - 02/13/02 06:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The risk for contams is in the transfer....oven tech , glovebox, same as usual.....Keep It Clean! Colonizes very fast.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #549927 - 02/13/02 12:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You can create two or three generations of stock grain to innoculate from. Keep the parents and grandparents nice and cool. If you start to get more than 10% contamination, chuck the children and use the parents or grandparents as needed to keep the front line going.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Grain to grain [Re: Seuss]
    #550527 - 02/13/02 10:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Very interesting. I'll try it this weekend.

How much do you transfer into each jar? I use pint jars.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#551400 - 02/14/02 04:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

???

--------------------

Anonymous

#551452 - 02/14/02 05:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

One pint jar can innoculate 10 pint jars. But higher innoculation rates would be better. 1 pint innoculating seven.

You have to be absolutely certain your 1 pint is free of contaminants, or you lose all the new jars. It is best to give the donor jar a good shaking after complete colonization, and let it recover before shaking again to transfer. Any latent contaminants, or hidden contaminants should show them selves before you transfer. USE CLEAN DONOR MYCELIUM for all transfers.

It speeds up colonization, and exponentially increases mycelium. Seven pints can lead to 49-70 pints.

Yes be as clean as possible when transfering. I tend to just pour broken up grain from one jar into seven awaiting jars. Quickly, carefully, and CLEANLY.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Grain to grain [Re: ]
    #551511 - 02/14/02 05:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the response. Sounds almost too good to be true. I have a batch cooking right now which I plan to try this on.

--------------------

Anonymous

#552141 - 02/15/02 03:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It is too good to be true, but its true

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#554738 - 02/17/02 09:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Tried it. This is amazing. I am a believer! Thanks all for another great idea.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation