Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTEXACE
A Few Questions????
    #549526 - 02/13/02 01:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Allright so me and my friend have followed the pf tek pretty damn well. So we mixed our vermiculite and BRF and put them in our half pint jars. So now we have been pressure cooking 6 at a time. Well the first 12 we covered with foil like the PF Tek for Dummies says. And the next 12 we are gonna use lids. Allright so the ones with lids we put in the pressure cooker but left the lids a little loose. Not to were they would just fall off but a little loose. Should we have done this??? Also, when it came time to take the ones with lids out of the pressure cooker I think my friend forgot to tighten them. So when he put them into the container where we are keeping the sterilized jars (which we have sprayed down with lysol many times) they werent tightend. So I had a friend tighten them an hour or 2 later.

1) So what I am asking is if we pressure cook these jars and put them in a sterilized container is there anyway contaminents can get into them.

2)Also, with my friend who forgot to tighten them, do you think they would be contaminents in those. They are tightened now, but they jsut werent right when they were taken out of the pressure cooker.

3) The reaosn we are pre-sterilizing them is to have them all sterilized by the time the spores get here. So if this is wrong I would like to know or if this is allright that would be nice to know too.

4) And is it ok to leave the lids of the jars a little loose while pressure cooking them?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A Few Questions???? [Re: TEXACE]
    #549529 - 02/13/02 01:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

1. Not necessarly, but, it wouldn't hurt.
2. I dont know how long they sat for, or, if they wern't cooled down enough (if not they may have sucked in unsterile air while cooling) but you should be fine.
3. That is fine. The best thing is that you can see if any contamination before you innoculate your jars and you'll know its your sterilizing not your innoculating. Tests jars are always good.
4.Yes, but, I tighten me up just to save me the hassel.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation