Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Observations regarding HPPD
    #5491032 - 04/07/06 09:00 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well first of all I'd like to ask a question. Is there anyone here that DOESN'T have HPPD to some degree?

If the answer is no then I'd have to say I'm very disappointed in the psychedelic community. Just because I don't think we've properly displayed the risks and long-terms effects of psychedelic drugs to new users. I suppose we kind of hide the fact that it causes a permanent perceptual change, just to enusre that the psychedelic population grows.

I have a few observations on HPPD as well.

1) I have had HPPD-like symptoms since I was a child. When I would look up at the sky I would see these little translucent balls that would fly up and then descend. Since I have used psychedelics these symptoms have only gotten more complex, and more frequent. They also appear on more surfaces than the sky. I have talekd to others who are non-psychedelic users and they have told me that they have experienced similar things.
2) After a migraine headache, my pre-psychedelic HPPD-like symptoms would act up. One time I saw a block of static on a friend of mine's face.
3) HPPD symptoms seem to peak for me when I have low blood sugar, or I'm fatigued.
4) If I tell myself that it doesn't exist it goes away periodically.
5) If I cover one eye it seems to go away periodically.
6) If I try to focus on it, it usually goes away periodically.
7) HPPD symptoms seem to peak for me when my eyes are unfocused. I also never seem to have any symptoms at night.

I have some more questions for the community.

Does Marijuana aggravate your HPPD?
Does your HPPD get worse with frequent psychedelic use?
Do your symptoms ever lessen or go away?
Do you have any ideas in ways to lessen symptoms?
Do you have any suggestions to the source of the problem?
What drugs seem to cause the worst HPPD?

--------------------
Manitou

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: HuckleBones]
    #5491042 - 04/07/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Also, another observation is that HPPD seems to be all in the head. If you don't acknowledge it too much it doesn't seem to rear it's ugly head as much. Perhaps spreading the knowledge of HPPD will only be detrimental?

--------------------
Manitou

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5491055 - 04/07/06 09:05 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Many of our Ayahuasca drinkin' friends have this.

I have some mild effects of MAYBE a HPPD influence. when I approach sleep, I will get some very complex CEV, nothing like a trip, just very pleasant, and detailed visuals, I actually enjoy it.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5491064 - 04/07/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HuckleBones said:
Also, another observation is that HPPD seems to be all in the head. If you don't acknowledge it too much it doesn't seem to rear it's ugly head as much. Perhaps spreading the knowledge of HPPD will only be detrimental?

But if they are informed about it, they will know what it is if it happens to them, and they would know what to do. If they know it can be controlled, then if anything, it can be more easily controlled. Know what I'm sayin' ?

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5491080 - 04/07/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I know very little of any way to control HPPD that is effective every time though.

--------------------
Manitou

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

#5491100 - 04/07/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What makes you think HPPD perceptions aren't simply expanded perceptions? You say yourself that you had similar experiences as a child.

I see "bubbles," and I have ever since my first LSD experience. They swim in the air, and I think they're really there. I don't see them unless I look for them, though. Is that HPPD? If so, I wouldn't really call it a disadvantage. I also see trees vibrating at sunset, as though they're not really solid. Of course, James Redfield describes exercises and meditations to get to the point of seeing this in his book Celestine Prophesy, so again-- is it real or HPPD?

--------------------

Offlineflamebolt
Just some guy
Male
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: Gliders]
    #5491161 - 04/07/06 09:44 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

HPPD can occur before experience with psychedelics
HPPD is usually brought on by psychedelics
i believe everyone who uses a psychedelic will have HPPD, the case might be a minutia and unnoticable, but i believe everybody has it.
HPPD goes away on it's own after ceasing drug usage. Sometimes it can take a couple years, but it generally goes away.
HPPD usually doesn't interfere with daily life.
Marijuana doesn't usually make HPPD worse, but it won't help it go away.
The rate at which HPPD goes away after drug usage depends on the person, how heavy a user they were, how frequent, etc.
I indeed had minor HPPD after a january shroom trip. it went away within four weeks afterwards.

--------------------
roses are red
violets are blue
mushrooms are awesome
give me a few

Offlinessjwizard
Stranger
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: flamebolt]
    #5491192 - 04/07/06 09:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

im confused i see this abreviation alot. excuse my ignroance but what the hell is HPPD?

--------------------
All statments, Imagery, and Ideas contained therin any postings are meerly retold sotrys of fictional acts created by a figmant of the universe imagination.

OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: ssjwizard]
    #5491217 - 04/07/06 10:05 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hallucinogen(ic) Persisting Perception Disorder. Minor hallucinations, perception changes, changes in the quality of thought, etc...persisting long after the psychedelic trip has ended. Google it or something, there's plenty of info on the subject.

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

Offlinessjwizard
Stranger
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: Psilocyan]
    #5491223 - 04/07/06 10:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ya i posted that and imediatly saw the related links at the bottom and went DOH, anyways ya i read up the info on it i feel better now. good to know what it is just incease something arises.

--------------------
All statments, Imagery, and Ideas contained therin any postings are meerly retold sotrys of fictional acts created by a figmant of the universe imagination.

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: flamebolt]
    #5491227 - 04/07/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If HPPD occurs before the use of hallucinogenics, then it's not HPPD. The "H" is the determining factor here, which cannot take place before ingestion of said substances.

--------------------

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #5491341 - 04/07/06 10:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i feel that i have HPPD to an extent after a summer-long, near-daily DXM binge. as other users said, it doesnt really interfere with day-to-day life. it only springs up if im sitting still and zone out, i notice some static and i also notice certain "boundaries" (something in my peripheal vision may seem more "pronounced"). the latter is very hard to explain...

hasnt really gone away or lessened and it's been nearly a year since i've last touched DXM (technically two, my last dose was only ~150mg). ive heard from others that DXM can cause quite a bit of HPPD, which i believe. like i said, it isnt distracting or anything. if anything, its a nice little reminder of whats out there, infinite possibilities.

it has seemed to bring on some change in thought process. again, not in a negative way. things just seem to be more "open" now, and i've got a greater appreciation for and interest in those great mindfuck topics - human life, space, nature, etc (as well as music).

weed? yeah, that doesn't really help to make HPPD go away. if anything, it brings out the static/haze in a warm, fuzzy, euphoric way. no objections to that, i easily fall into the "tripping"-type mind set with one bowl.

that's my rant, take it for what it's worth  :sun:

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #5491359 - 04/07/06 10:51 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ever heard of floaters? They are little things in everybodys eyes that float around and can appear in your vision, especially if you are looking at like the sky or at a white wall or something

they arent from psychedelics

that being said, i definitely still have some mild lingering effects, things crawl shift bend a lot

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: Help on the Way]
    #5491567 - 04/08/06 12:19 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Floaters are actually caused by the vitreous humor clumping and shadowing our retina. Its more of a standard change in perception with time, as opposed to perception of things changed because of hallucinogenics.

I prefer to think of at as shifted perception, or even enhanced perception. No one really knows what reality looks like anyway, there's really little difference between someone who sees "normal" and someone who can manifest fractals and patterns in their vision.

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

Loc: USA
    #5491666 - 04/08/06 12:55 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I've had some HPPD symptoms a few times. I think i noticed them after i quit being a daily weed smoker. Like when id be half awake during school i would look at the whiteboard with black marker letters- the letters would come out very clear and everything else was blurred.

After mushrooms though, in that same type of situation, the black letters would start to slightly move freely- still stay in place of their entire word, but appear to be floating.

ALso, after smoking bud yesterday for the 1st time in about a month i felt like i was on a small dose of shrooms for a while..i would begin to think the way i do while on shrooms, but those anxious thoughts.

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Edited by knowhereman (04/08/06 12:57 AM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: knowhereman]
    #5491747 - 04/08/06 01:25 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

lol I used to think those 'floaters' were dust on my eyeballs dripping down hehe :laugh:
when I was a kid I used to 'chase' them around the sky if I was bored on long car trips. Damn things are so evasive.
Since I first used psychedelics, my vision has been acting up a little. If I let my focus relax, everything in my field of vision stretches or begins to wave a little. It disappears immediately when I re-focus my eyes. I've had only one acid 'flashack' and that was a couple nights ago. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

I also notice it happens a lot more frequently when I'm at the computer, or perhaps it's because my eyes are focused on the same object without moving much or having to change distance perception for long periods of time.
For me, (assuming it's a very mild case of) HPPD RULES!

OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
    #5492096 - 04/08/06 07:12 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadConductor said:
I have some mild effects of MAYBE a HPPD influence. when I approach sleep, I will get some very complex CEV, nothing like a trip, just very pleasant, and detailed visuals, I actually enjoy it.

That's about exactly what I have. I occasionally can have CEVs, and when I go to sleep, if the room is completely dark, I can gaze into the black space and those subtle CEVs are semi-present. I'm not sure what it is, or if it's related to my psychedelic use (which is spaced out fairly well, usually psilocybin), but when I read that I was just like "ah that's me." :mushroom2:

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

Offlinefunnybunny
Saboten Bomber
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Spain
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: Psilocyan]
    #5496499 - 04/09/06 12:59 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I have had HPPD-like symptoms since I was a child. When I would look up at the sky I would see these little translucent balls

I think those balls are not due to HPPD or anything related. They probably are air bubbles in your corneal liquid.

InvisibleChikitta
    #5496550 - 04/09/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yes. Years ago before I tried any psychedelics, I used to just smoke a lot of weed. After experimenting with mushrooms and some RCs, the high I get from weed is completley different. If I smoke a lot now, my entire field of vision will be covered with fractals.. almost to the point where it's impossible to read or watch TV. This never used to happen before I tried any psychedelics.

Can't really comment. I've never really used them that frequently.

Sort of, but very slowly (talking months).

No idea. I don't want to lessen them anyway.. I really enjoy it  :smile:

For me, 2C-I. Ever since my first experience at 15mg with it, something clicked in my brain that seems to provide me with constant (sometimes its really mild, other times very vivid) fractal CEVs. I love it though.. the only time it's annoying is when I'm trying to sleep.

Offlinemrbenfield
Stranger
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: Chikitta]
    #5504052 - 04/11/06 03:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i believe i have hppd from pot. if i unfocus my eyes, or stare for a while evrything starts to wave and move and drift. the thing is that is only from weed, and i might be trying shrooms soon, would that make it worse? also could that just be caused by left over THC in my system?

OfflineColdCash
The WonderfulWizard ofOzloops

Loc: Canada, British Columbia
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: mrbenfield]
    #5507838 - 04/12/06 11:57 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yes

Yes, mostly mushrooms though.

From time to time they lessen, but never go away. LSD made them quiet down for a short while.

No, and I don't much care to. I have no complaints about my small bit of HPPD.

Do you have any suggestions to the source of the problem?
Mushrooms definately make my HPPD more pronounced.

Mushrooms.

--------------------
It was a techno D-day - a techno D-day!
Way out on Omaha beach!
Where the troops believe in a life of freedom,
And this is all about free speech!

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: Observations regarding HPPD [Re: ColdCash]
    #5508170 - 04/12/06 01:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

My friends always talk about flashbacks, but I've never really had one. The brain tends to act funny at random times though and I understand how this could easily be confused for a flashback.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate