Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: (psilocybin / psilocin extraction) [Re: deeptraveller]
    #6280496 - 11/13/06 11:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have done many honey oil / butane extractions with crappy bud / leaf. Works well.

But I don't recommend doing it to mushrooms. Unless the polarity issue gets solved. Even then the butane will always extract fats & oils

I tried this about 6 months ago with 10-15 dry grams of psilocybe cubensis z-strain.

I used a film container with Lighter fittings & special filters attached to it, Butane & Evaporating dish,

First blast got a amber coloured liquid, I gave it another blast until the liquid leaving the canister was clearer.

The evaporating dish with the liquid was then left in the kitchen on top of my food drier with windows / doors open.

After 5-10 min most of the butane had gone, So I washed all the mushroom goo into the centre of the dish with a little more butane.After this evaporated I turned off the drier, At this point it was still goo / tar. & let it finish naturally overnight.

Next day I looked at the pile.....Same thing still goo / tar.
So I put it in the drier for another hour and it was still tar, I had some shit to do so I put it in a cupboard to check o later.

Later that night after forgetting about it for a while I had a look at it.
I pushed it around with my finger a little ,It was still a pile if gooey stuff.
I licked my finger oh my god did that taste fucked up. I tried to scrape up some more to eat but the taste was so bad I was only able to eat half of it.
After an hour or two of no effects I washed the rest of the goo / tar off the evaporating dish.

Unfortunately I chucked out the mushroom powder so this was a total waste.:shrug:

Quote:

deeptraveller said:
step 14: When gas will leave you receive absolutely dry crystals or salts(until as I have evaporated all gas available in my jars I have added a little  water and 190 proof in a jar...but about it later)..... It is pure substances!(And I think that it is safe for health)

Do you have pictures of the final result, I could not get your document to work

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibledeeptraveller
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: russia
Re: (psilocybin / psilocin extraction) [Re: UnderNose]
    #6282179 - 11/14/06 01:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

UnderNose
thanks for your experience....everyone were right, I have drunk this rubbish and have felt nothing

during all reaction I received only transparent butane (I used many layers of the condensed filter....I have decided that it cannot detain the substances necessary to me)

Before I have added waters and 190 proof I saw only a certain similarity of a thin transparent mica which floated on a surface of butane:

fu**ing image_links(forgive me for my "French" :smile:)..... I have made it

after addition of water and 190 proof(the oil which is taking place in a solution with butane, began to get thick):

please pay attention, what buttered trace remains after my finger... I am confident that the crystals of professor Fanaticus is possible to smear  too(it only on his photo they look beautifully)

PF crystals
http://dump.ru/files/2/2481681269/

p\s\but I think that early to bury this method. It is possible to apply it to preliminary clearing a mushroom powder from fetid oil (such smell had my colorless extraction). And then to do extraction with use 190proof.  It is necessary to try to estimate quantity lost psilocybin / psilocin if at all something could be lost from a mushroom powder together with oils after extraction by butane.

--------------------
we makes only that we makes...... this is very amusing idea if you under mushrooms_try this if you are not afraid
I have told it or have thought?

Edited by deeptraveller (11/14/06 02:57 PM)

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: deeptraveller]
    #6298534 - 11/19/06 02:48 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Know this thread has many less Chemistry oriented followers.  I'm eagerly looking forward to where this leads.  :smile:

Good luck!

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleKerbouchardS
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Toddo]
    #6338017 - 12/05/06 09:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

quick question... so if I add a little bit of powdered vitamin C pills BEFORE boiling the everclear it will help it( the potency) preserve longer and not break down so much during the extraction?
How much vitamin C do I use for a small extraction.. say 7 grams of powder.( yes I know it's not normally worth it for small amounts)

--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #6339340 - 12/06/06 03:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

One 500mg pill should be more than enough. Add it to the everclear before using it in the extraction. You might also want to filter off the binder and other crap in the pill. You can get pure ascorbic acid in many health food stores, that would be better. Mine has it in bulk, so you can get just as much as you need, which is very little.

-FF

OfflineChemiker
Stranger
Male
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: hIgHdRoLoVeR]
    #6339423 - 12/06/06 04:52 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

For the extraction of psilocybin and psilocin from mushrooms 100 mg of dried and pulverized plant material are added to 9 ml methanol. This mixture is ultrasonicated for 120 min (maximum temperature of the mixture 50^C). Then the volume is brought to 10.0 ml with methanol; the mixture is centrifuged and the supernatant is used for the HPLC determination.

Musshoff, F. et al. Hallucinogenic mushrooms on the German market — simple instructions for examination and identification. Forensic Science International. 113, pp. 389 - 395. (2000)

Quote:

Mushroom samples were freeze-dried, sealed in plastic, and stored either
at -5 “C or at -60 “C. After grinding, 250-mg portions were stirred at room
temperature with roughly 7 ml of methanol for 12 hours, filtered through a
0.5 pm Teflon filter, rinsed with additional methanol, and diluted to exactly
10 ml. An injection volume of 10 microlitres produced satisfactory peak size at 0.1
a.u.f.s. The instrument was calibrated with psilocybin and psilocin standards
obtained from the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

Beug, M W. and Bigwood, J. PSILOCYBIN AND PSILOCIN LEVELS IN TWENTY SPECIES FROM SEVEN GENERA OF WILD MUSHROOMS IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST, U.S.A. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 5, p. 271 - 285. (1982)

For an excellent psilocin and psilocin synthesis:

Shirota, O. et al. Concise Large-Scale Synthesis of Psilocin and Psilocybin, Principal Hallucinogenic Constituents of “Magic Mushroom”. Journal of Natural Products. 66, pp. 885 - 887. (2003)

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: Chemiker]
    #6346812 - 12/08/06 03:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

There are a lot of reasons why methanol is used for extractions that are going to be run through a HPLC, but there are also a lot of reasons that make methanol an inferior solvent for home extractions.

Water, ethanol, dilute acetic acid, and aqueous ethanol mixtures are the best solvents for simple extractions where final purity isn't as big of a concern as efficiency.

-FF

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: fastfred]
    #6351499 - 12/09/06 05:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

**Preface** If you dont know what fractional distillation is read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation

if you live somewhere that 190 proof isn't available, use volitization to your benefeit. Be like the old moonshiners, get a beaker for numbers sake we will say 1000ML and some mcormicks cheap ass vodka which is 80 proof or 40% ethanol. Also get a stopper for the beaker that has a hole in it or a hose connetor on top. Some copper tubbing or glass( but thats more expensive) that is curvered in a spiral and a receptical to collect your precipitated alchol.

Pour the alchol into the beaker(1000ML), place the stopper in it, Attach the copper tubing, place the colleting glass under the end of the tubbing.

Boil the beaker over the flame until approx 40% of the liquid is evaporated, condensed in the copper tubbing, and drained into the glass.

Acording to high school chemistry, ethanol has a lower boiling point than water, so it will be the first to evaporate. So, what you have collected is a much purer alchol than what you started with. Unfortunatley this is not a perfect world and ther eis a problem with this.

"Raoult's law assumes that a component contributes to the total vapor pressure of the mixture in proportion to its fraction of the mixture and its vapor pressure when pure. If a component changes another's vapor pressure, or the volatility of a component is dependent on its fraction, the law will fail.

Dalton's law states that the total vapor pressure is the sum of the vapor pressures of each individual component in the mixture. Vapor pressures increase with temperature. When a multi-component system is heated, the vapor pressure of each component will rise, causing the total vapor pressure to rise in turn. When the total vapor pressure reaches the ambient pressure, boiling occurs and liquid turns to gas throughout the bulk of the solution. Notice that a given mixture has one boiling point, when the components are mutually soluble."

Although, according to wikipedia this does not keep you form purifying the soulution until the 95.6% purity level.

Anyways this is by no means a tek or anything like that, just a little info i had in my head that i thought might help someone.

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Edited by xburn (12/09/06 05:52 PM)

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Durango, Colorado, USA Flag
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: xburn]
    #6398512 - 12/23/06 02:39 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

im wondering if one uses an electric stove, would a double boiler would be necessary? or is the double boiler use for a reason other than keeping the solvent from the flame?

Offlinerogermarklar
TranscendentalJournier
Male

Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: SurReality]
    #6400948 - 12/24/06 02:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

try homegrownharvest.com

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: rogermarklar]
    #6403681 - 12/28/06 12:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rogermarklar said:
try homegrownharvest.com

what does this have to do with psilocybin extraction? SPAM?

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: (psilocybin / psilocin extraction) - sediment tested: can be discarded [Re: SurReality]
    #6403766 - 12/28/06 01:42 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

geko has had a 100ml jar full of shroom extraction reduced from about 2-3 liters of ethanol, And there is some sediment sitting in 2/3's of the liqued witch was the crystals geko syponed out then refreezed and repeated till no more crystals.
And that jar has been siting around for around 7 months and no discoloration of the liqued or any decrese in potenct either.
So as long as its kepet in ethanol with a small amont of water in a cold as fuck dark place it will be fine for a long time.

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery
Re: (psilocybin / psilocin extraction) - sediment tested: can be discarded [Re: geko127]
    #6403869 - 12/28/06 03:30 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

geko127 said: And there is some sediment sitting in 2/3's of the liqued witch was the crystals geko syponed out then refreezed and repeated till no more crystals.

i was wondering if u could liquify the crystals, though i dont understand how u did it,

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: (psilocybin / psilocin extraction) - sediment tested: can be discarded [Re: SurReality]
    #6424081 - 01/04/07 11:57 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

WOW... I can't beleive this thread is still going strong.

OfflineNo_Life_G33k
Now with 10%less noobness
 User Gallery

Re: (psilocybin / psilocin extraction) - sediment tested: can be discarded [Re: thenewguy05]
    #6429486 - 01/05/07 11:26 PM (15 years, 22 days ago)

well, still going perhaps.... :wink:

Has anyone compared an Everclear Extraction with a two stage everclear and a 70%ethanol extraction???

Or has anyone tried adding ascorbic acid to the everclear or the ethanol???

One last Q:  anyone think that a freezeing step might aid in the extraction(ala the Lemon extract thread)???

--------------------
Hot Water Pasteuriztion - A How To Pictorial
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4527808/an/0/page/0

Make your own shroom chocolates
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4500682/an/0/page/5

guide with pix.

Make Your Own Magnetic Stirrer! How-To Tek w/ pix
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5865949/an/0/page/3

Offlineecnelison13
Stranger thanFiction

Loc: doin time in the universa...
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction. [Re: No_Life_G33k]
    #6432121 - 01/06/07 08:17 PM (15 years, 21 days ago)

i've been thinking about this lately (i do alot of thinking) and i have decided if i was ever to pretend to do something like this i would take the fresh fruit and freeze it. the water in the fruit would swell upon freezing and the cell walls would break open making the target compounds more available for extraction.

--------------------
"You can kill the revolutionary, but you can't kill the revolution."

Offlineudok
Stranger???
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction - Ascorbic acid [Re: ecnelison13]
    #6475955 - 01/19/07 11:59 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Source:
Determination of psilocin and 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid in plasma
by HPLC-ECD and pharmacokinetic profiles of oral and intravenous
psilocybin in man.
F. Hasler , D. Bourquin , R. Brenneisen , T. Bär, F.X. Vollenweider 1996

Quote:

Standard solutions of Psilocin and 4HIAA were prepared in water containing 25 mM of ascorbic acid and stored in light-protected vials at -25°C. These solutions were found to be stable for at least 3 weeks.
Ying and Ming (1994) used ethylenediaminetetraacetate disodium salt dihydrate (EDTA) to protect dopamine and related compounds from oxidation by scavenging metal ions which are considered to potentiate autooxidation of indole compounds. However, EDTA completely failed to protect psilocin and 4HIAA and also experiments with sodium sulfite and sodium hydrogen sulfite were not successful. Finaly ascorbic acid used in concentrations higher than 10 mM showed to be an effective compound to stabilize the phenolic analytes. Stress tests with unstabilized aqueous psilocin and 4HIAA standard solutions and solutions containing 1, 6, 10 and 25 mM of ascorbic acid were performed. All solutions were stored in an ultrasonic bath under light exposure to accelerate the oxidation rate of the analytes.

Fig.: Comparison of psilocin recoveries from a 10 nM aqueous standard solution(A) and an equimolar psilocin solution(B) containing 25 mM of ascorbic acid.

note:
Molecular mass of ascorbic acid = 176.13g/mol
*25mM = 176.13 * 0.001 * 25 = 4.40325 g/l

Edited by udok (01/20/07 01:49 AM)

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction - Ascorbic acid [Re: udok]
    #6506325 - 01/28/07 11:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Geko done a simple 95%-Ethanol 5%-water extraction on a shit load of Ps Subaerginosa way back last season.
Anyway after soaking & simmering, The shrooms were fillterd through a piece of cloth so they could be squeezed out, And then filterd untill clear through a buchner funnel.
Then simply place the shroom extract in the freezeer, And the alkaloids will freeze out and settle on the bottom.

If ya want them to dislove simply warm the shroom extract up, But DO NOT BOIL.

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: all you need to know about psilocybin / psilocin extraction - Ascorbic acid [Re: geko127]
    #6510865 - 01/30/07 03:34 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for bringing that excellent article to my attention udok! It's quite a rigorous experiment and well researched. Those Swiss sure don't mess around when it comes to psychedelics.

Everyone should take a look at that chart. That's the difference between using a preservative (vitamin C) and using nothing. "B" is the preserved sample (25 mM ascorbic acid).

It's too bad that they didn't have any luck with the EDTA, but I would point out that they were trying to use it in plasma samples. A normal extract would have little in common with plasma. I still think it's worth a try.

-FF

Offlineudok
Stranger???
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Keep in mind - Short notes about use of ascorbic acid [Re: fastfred]
    #6547584 - 02/09/07 03:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In solution, ascorbic acid is sensitive to heat, and is decomposed by light and oxygen especially in alkaline solutions. (Fe and Cu catalyze the process)
Decomposed ascorbic acid is of yellow color. In cool acidic solutions it is more or less stable for a few days.

More ascorbic acid can catch more oxygen (through oxidation).

Vitamine E + vit C ??? Think about....

--------------------
And on the 7. day the creator designed the psychedelic drugs. Holy shit. Thats intelligent design far beyond my scope. :wink:
Namaste

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale