Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomNewbie
Stranger
Loc: Chicago
Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me!
    #547206 - 02/10/02 11:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is going to be fairly long and i apolagize, but i really need some help here. I'm 16, male, 5'8, 180 pounds. That takes care of the physical aspect. I smoke a lot of weed, but that's all i've tried. My friend (who has shroomed a couple times) says he's getting a bag, and wanted to know if i would do it with him. I'm not gonna lie, i'm scared shitless. I mean, i think hallucinations would be cool as hell. But i'm just so scared of a bad trip. Another thing i'm scared of: I've been diagnosed as having mild depression. I'm supposed to be taking a light dosage of Zoloft daily but, i dont think i'm depressed so, i'm not taking it. I read in a post that a bad trip could effect one's mental health, permanently. Is it worth risking? If so, how much should i take? I heard something like an eigth is good but, i dunno. I need answers. Somebody please reply to this, because were supposed to be doing it sometime next weekend. Thanx in advance!

--------------------
"Watch the leather man. hehehe"

(Dazed & Confused)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me! [Re: ShroomNewbie]
    #547275 - 02/10/02 11:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

There is a possibility that the mushrooms could have some effect, good or bad on you're deppression, so no-one here can make that descision for you. I'm sure if I bothered to go to the doctors and report my various mental states I'd be diagnosed with something to :wink: (not trying to trivialise you're condition thats just my belief). Depression though is only a mild neurosis and as far as I can tell it is only those with a history of schizophrenia that may have problems with psychedelics.
If you're scared I suggest you familiarise yourself with effects by reading trip reports at levels (weight) which you plan to trip. Read plenty of them, try to understand why some people freak out while others sail through unscathed.
Finally on the day of reckoning make sure you're in the best of moods and that you're happy with you're surroundings.
READ UP SOME MORE!!! :smile:   

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Edited by Roger_irrelevant (02/11/02 12:35 AM)

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

Re: Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me! [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #547504 - 02/11/02 04:05 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Just found out that perscription drugs for depression may contain some form of MAOI (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors). When a MAOI is used in conjunction with a Tryptamine (psilocybin in mushrooms) the potency is roughly doubled, this could lead to a very intense, scary and possibly dangerous trip.
I have no experience with MAOI's this is just some info I'm regurgitating for you're benefit.
If you can't stop taking you're medication for a while then I would advise taking an extremly low dose, mabye a gram and see how it goes.
Check this link for more info on MAOI interactions
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois.shtml

--------------------

Edited by Roger_irrelevant (02/11/02 04:08 AM)

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #547529 - 02/11/02 05:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If you have any deep problems in your life then I woud not advise tripping - if you are generally happy and you like yourself and your life then do it and dont be scared .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
    #547542 - 02/11/02 05:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It's great that you are looking for advice instead of pluging into it like I'm sure many people do. I think you should do a bit of research (I'm sure you have already though!). read a few reports on this site and (should you need more than the huge database they have here, www.erowid.org) familiarise yourself with what sort of effects the drug can have.

Don't be scared about it though! There are measures you can take to minimise the chance of a bad trip,
http://www.shroomery.org/triptoys/psychedelicfaq.html
if you havn't read that, it's a good introduction to the experience.

It really depends on yourself though, remember: set and setting. peace.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #547709 - 02/11/02 09:56 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

NEVER TRIP IF YOU ARE TAKING ANTIDEPRESSANTS!!!!!!!!

MAOIs---will increase the affects
and if you have ANY unresolved issues, anxiety, depression,

OR if you are scared shitless to dose---the shrooms WILL eventually bring all that stuff to the surface and will magnify your worst feelings and fears....

I speak from experience....and I just had a bad trip nine days ago.... the bad effects are starting to wear off but last week I was depressed, anxious, and even suicidal.... and I was taken off Zoloft years ago and pronounced "cured"....

...the shrooms found stuff the doctors obviously missed....

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

Re: Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me! [Re: Tannis]
    #547852 - 02/11/02 12:06 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yeh well Tannis while i sypmathize with you're situation, the comment "the shrooms found stuff the doctors obviously missed" to me shows the power and worth of psychedelics as a whole. Yes they must be approached with caution, and fear, well thats just natural. We all have low points in our lives thats the nature of things, if you've got issues that are unresolved and bugging you then best not trip for now but once experienced with psychedelics you can look forward to some very profound life affirming experiences.
Do take care with dosage especially when there is a possibility of prescription drug interactions, in these circumstances the risks far outway the benefits.

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #548000 - 02/11/02 02:19 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

it's natural and GOOD to be alittle scared, if you wern't then you would proably take way too much and mess yourself up and proably give up on the shrooms(mabey not though,Just my opinion) I look back 12 years ago on my first acid trip and I still cannot believe I took it, ittook alot of nerve but I said to myself this is what you bought this for so why not, you've read all abot it and you know it's not gonna kill ya' just eat it relax and have fun, it turned out FANTASTIC!!!! btw, my gf just got into trippin and stuff. we decided that since she had only smoked weed before and since she was very very scared of freaking out her first time, that she should roll a couple of times on ecstasy before she tripped, this helped her out alot since rollin is intense like trippin, does not last very long, and makes you extremely happy.and when I smoke weed when i roll I get hallunications ( she does too)not intense one like when i do lsd or shrooms. just a thought mabey you could roll one night early in the week since your suppose to trip this weekend or you can just say fuck it and trip balls!!!!!!

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinetoo_many_weirdos
it's a jungle inhere
Loc: Ithaca, NY
    #548019 - 02/11/02 02:41 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It's rare to have a bad trip your first time
i'm fairly positive that zoloft is not an MAOI...so no problem there.
take 2 grams dry or less.
If you don't think you are depressed then you are probably just fine. if you are happy then who's to tell you that you are depressed?
in the end it's your own choice. make sure you are in a positive mood and have something that you hope to gain from the trip.
hope you have a good time.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #548052 - 02/11/02 03:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, here's what you should do.

First, don't take too much for your first time! 1 to 1.5 grams is probably sufficient for your first trip. It won't be mind-blowing, but it will give you a nice glimpse into what hallucinogens will do to you.

Second, just try to relax. Bad trips from shrooms are rare as it is. Chance is in your favor with your first trip, as long as you use a little common sense. Don't worry about bad trips, and you'll be fine.

Basically you just need to do them in a comfortable place with friends you trust and with the right state of mind. That's what "set and setting" is all about. Having a bad set and/or setting is probably the biggest (if not only) factor that leads to bad trips.

(yeah I know I'm rambling on here...)

So:
- don't take too much
- try to be physically/mentally rested
- trip in a comfortable place (friend's house?)
- have only good, trusted friends around
- do your best to make sure you won't be interrupted by family/parents/ect while tripping
- try to minimize the number of people who aren't tripping (sometimes it's easy to become distrustful of "those people" while you're tripping)
- not entirely necessary, but you might want to abstain from mixing any other drugs (weed...) with the shrooms. weed especially has a damned good ability to send a trip into outer space (or if you're already there, into the unknown) and you may not be ready for the resulting intensity

Other than that, just have fun!

PS: Don't try to fight the trip! If you think you are getting uncomfortable (mentally, I mean) just lay back and let go of everything. I've avoided my share of bad trips by doing that when I feel myself beginning to turn scared. It works, trust me.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (02/11/02 03:12 PM)

OfflineShroomNewbie
Stranger
Loc: Chicago
Re: Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me! [Re: trendal]
    #548083 - 02/11/02 03:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, first off i'd like to thank everyone for the advice. Let me just explain more clearly that even though i have been diagnosed with mild depression (which i dont believe i have), and i have been perscribed with Zoloft...I AM NOT TAKING IT. I've been stashing the pills in my room, because i refuse to take them, because i dont think i'm depressed so, i'm not on any anti-depressant. After i wrote this last night, i looked around for a while, read the stories, and now i'm fuckin psyched. Shrooming sounds really cool, fun, relaxing, and if done correctly a great experience. I'm planning on doing it this weekend. Once again, thanks for all the help. I'll let everyone know how it goes sometime this weekend. Wish me luck! (even though statistically i hear i wont need it)

--------------------
"Watch the leather man. hehehe"

(Dazed & Confused)

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#548493 - 02/11/02 11:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

first time I did acid was february of last year, only after smoking pot a few times and having donr no other drugs ... I was so excited to do it that the possibility of a bad trip never even came into my head and I had an absolute blast ...

after having done countless drugs and countless trips I still find the perfect dosage for me to be 1.5 to 2 gm, no more, no less. i get really beautiful, clean and calm visuals that aren't too intense, a perfect euphoria which puts E to shame (because the shroom euphoria feels soooo much more natural) and I'm still able to do almost anything I could do sober, except better

On saturday I broke my trend of bad trips and ended up having one of the best trips of my life ... during the peak I was able to talk to my friends parents perfectly and play pool (better than I ever have in my life) etc etc while still trippin out nicely ...

so even after how many trips I've taken, I always seem to return to this dosage, it's just so goddam perfect

btw, this may not happen to everyone and might not happen to you, but often on the comeup you will feel nauseous or disoriented and you might mistake the drunken feeling and the start of the visuals for a bad trip ... but this is normal! (for me at least) Often I would think "I'm having those feelings again" and would scare myself into a bad trip, but then I just realized that those feelings were normal and when they subsided I was the happiest person on earth, the peak is just awesome ...

I dunno these are just some random tidbits I thought I'd put in

have fun, and about your depression, your results will vary ... I was heavily depressed for months until the day I finally did acid, and the depression went away (I also threw away the anti-depressants they put me on [trazodone]) ...

so go in with a good mind and there isn't a possible way to bad trip, provided the set and setting are ideal (they don't have to be perfect, and I've had great trips around parents) but just make sure you are somewhere where you have NO restrictions, because restrictions will fuck with your trip and might make the bad trip possibility a lot higher ... this is what I learned ...

you'll love trippin, I know it ... after the good trip on Saturday I have another new beautiful outlook on life, and I probably will never buy another pill of E again because I realized how much greater tripping is ... I've tripped roughly 30 times on different drugs but the trip I had on saturday was definitely one of the best ...

OfflineSUVhater
Stranger
Re: Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me! [Re: HB]
    #548504 - 02/12/02 12:17 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

my first trip i took a half eighth and it was cool i felt all happy and shit.

Since then i take a FULL 1/8th EVERY time. All my trips are very cool and i always do it with friends. Ive tripped about 9 times now about 3-4 weeks apart and 2 times have taken 6 grams instead of the usual 3.5 but i didnt notice enough improvement to warrant the eating of more shrooms. Since im growing some now I may take more in the future.

Remember to keep yourself around friends and dont trip around strangers or people wo you dont like. Keep it POSITIVE. Have Fun you should be fine on half an 1/8th.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: Should I Try Shrooms? Please Help Me! [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #548713 - 02/12/02 08:37 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

....and the crowd is cheering about that really nice serve.... Now back to you---Roger.....

...Tannis

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
    #548760 - 02/12/02 10:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Good to hear that your trips have turned nice for you again, Blue....

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #548769 - 02/12/02 10:07 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Great to hear you're back in the zone, eh blue! I have a good friend (my original and oldest trip buddy!) who was not sure for a while if he would ever use shrooms again because of a string of depressed (although not "bad") trips.

And he just told me a day or two ago that after reading about my latest trip and deciding to give shrooms one last try....he's back where he used to be. I love when that happens to people :-)

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #548821 - 02/12/02 10:43 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

...Hummmm! 1.5---2 grams huh.....
Maybe I've been taking too much....(3.5----4.4 grams dry and very potent.....)

....I agree----restrictions DO mess with your mind....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate