Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
a great way to make syringes
    #547273 - 02/10/02 11:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

here's what I do: This is sort of a mixture between a few techs out there, and some of my own idea's.

i first take a new jar, and poke a single hole in the lid(called my spore jar), and fill in almost to the top with natural water and boil for at hour, along with other tools(tweezers,scissors,scraper).
i then use the oven tech for my transfer. I have just now come out of the shower, and are ready to make the syringes. I abtain my print and wipe the outside of the baggie with bleach and water(9/1)(hands sterile ofcoarse). i makesure to be as clean as possible, and work as quick as I can. I get the jar with the sterile water(cooled off to room temp with tape over hole). I open the print bag and get my sterile tweezers to obtain the print, then open the jar and cut a peince of the print off. This saves time. It drops right itno the jar and the lid gets put back on.
swish the jar around and then you have some sterile spore solution!! This method works everytime, and I have not contaminated any syringes ever with this method. you can simply remove the tape, and insert the sterile syringe through the hole and draw up the liquid. you will be working over the oven ofcourse.  good luck:)

glacius

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSurf Bum
Re: a great way to make syringes [Re: Glacius]
    #547285 - 02/11/02 12:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

do the spores come off the baggie pretty easily once they're in the water? cuz when i scrape mine off into the water they always just sit on top the water like they don't wanna mix for some reason, someone told me another weird way to inoculate jars is to take spore prints on oven sterilized toothpicks and simply put them in your inoculation wholes, might not work as good as sporulated water because of it not being able to cover as much ground, but i figure if you put 5 wholes in your jar just to cover a little more ground it won't matter to much, i always keep my jars in a very sterile environment while incubating also...

--------------------

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: a great way to make syringes [Re: Surf Bum]
    #547332 - 02/11/02 12:35 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have always expereinced that as well. the spores dont want to mix, but they are so small, it just doesn't matter. I have never had problems, and always get spores throughout the entire mixture, and it always turns out.

--------------------
addicted to reason

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #547334 - 02/11/02 12:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Makes sense. What is your procedure for sterlizing the syringies?

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

#547335 - 02/11/02 12:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Cool! I do the same thing for making syringes!

It's good for multiple syringes.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: a great way to make syringes [Re: ]
    #547336 - 02/11/02 12:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a little concerned that the tiny bit of papper that the print is on will increase the odds of contamation.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (02/11/02 12:57 AM)

Offlinenobodycares42
addict

Re: a great way to make syringes [Re: Jammer]
    #547347 - 02/11/02 12:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I would just scratch that part and scrape the spores in.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #547509 - 02/11/02 04:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

great tek - very similar to mine - but i wouldnt trust the back of the print medium - everytime ive just cut a but off ive realised that the person who made the print has had their grubby fingers on the folded outside of the print and they contaminate...
Also you can fold the print and rub it together - this sprinkles the spores quickly and effectivey and avoids having to use an instrument to scratch them in

--------------------

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: a great way to make syringes [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #547928 - 02/11/02 01:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I sterilize my syringes in the same pot as the jar, then suck boiling water in and out a few time. Even though I have never had cantam from this method, the paper still does pose a threat. I'll use the sprinkle method. Can i just open the bag, and sprinkle in the jar with a sterilized butter knife or something?? I agree, i'f you want to make multiple syringes, this is a good metrhod. a jar can hold a hell of a lot of water. I usually get five of six syringes worth, at least!!

--------------------
addicted to reason

InvisibleAzulAgave
    #548517 - 02/12/02 12:48 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have a hotplate/stirrer to mix in my spores and to make them "sink". I have also used syringes to sink the spores by squirting them with the syringe. This will create an unstable air enviroment for the solution but I have encountered no contamination problems. I also like to make a batch spore solution and keep it covered and use my syringes to draw from it over time. The spores seem to settle on the bottom of my flask or beaker and once again I use the syringe to blast the spores off the bottom of the flask. So far I have been lucky and had no contam problems other than losing one or two jars in a dozen jar batch.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale