Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: dblaney]
    #5484571 - 04/05/06 09:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

the slaves will always have more power than the slave driver.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5485848 - 04/06/06 09:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:

This I'm not so sure of...if ending all of society's ills was as easy as stopping one piece of legislation, I'd bet something would have been done by now. I think it is a piece (albeit an important piece) of the puzzle that we have to complete.

well i never said it would fix the world, i simply said it would not be difficult, simply making the drugs legal would set everything into play. Businesses would say "Hey I want to sell peyote!" and Native Americans would say "No, peyote is sacred....." and desire for people to simply grow their own.... and through all this hub-ub of activity all the things we're debating such as exactly how, why, where, things will be regulated, how better health care and education will come up... it will be taken care of by itself.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: leery11]
    #5485852 - 04/06/06 09:34 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Oh okay, I thought you were referring to legalization as a cure-all for society, but you're talking just about the drug debate.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5486178 - 04/06/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I saw the slave thing on PBS special about ramses, they showed the long row houses the slaves had. Your correct though I dont think there is physical proof the slaves were jews, but all the same the dates match up with the bible, and where else was egypt going to get their slaves at that point?

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: blaze2]
    #5486199 - 04/06/06 11:19 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

From anywhere else in Africa?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: Redstorm]
    #5486262 - 04/06/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The issue is how do slaves build a pyramid... the people were sort of "slaves" by our standards but they believed in their cause fully and did it willingly to honor the Gods.
this is what i heard, anyway.

hence the perfection of the pyramids.... slave labor yields bad products, just look at made in China stuff!

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (04/06/06 11:46 AM)

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: leery11]
    #5486483 - 04/06/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
The issue is how do slaves build a pyramid... the people were sort of "slaves" by our standards but they believed in their cause fully and did it willingly to honor the Gods.
this is what i heard, anyway.

hence the perfection of the pyramids.... slave labor yields bad products, just look at made in China stuff!

good point! so with that in mind . is there real evidence that slaves built the pyramids, i would assume the pyramids were built long before the bible occurs,,...made in china stuff is just made by cheap materials, the Chinese don't know that 1200 dollars a year isn't allot of money, however they are happy to be working and making a living....

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: Cosm]
    #5493178 - 04/08/06 02:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Egypt had to cross the sahara to the west or mountains to the south to get the rest of the slaves in africa, why would they do that when not far north and along better roads were the weak sheperds and tribes of early Jews?

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: blaze2]
    #5493204 - 04/08/06 02:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
Egypt had to cross the sahara to the west or mountains to the south to get the rest of the slaves in africa, why would they do that when not far north and along better roads were the weak sheperds and tribes of early Jews?

Interesting point. The slaves, for one thing, could have been Egyptians themselves, lower, poorer classes. Also, weak shepherds wouldn't make good slaves. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5493219 - 04/08/06 02:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Democracy =! Slavery

thats a way of writing Democracy does not equal Slavery.  actually it would be Democracy != Slavery

but whatever.  just shows how stupid you are so there.  :thumbdown:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: kotik]
    #5493263 - 04/08/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
but whatever.  just shows how stupid you are so there.  :thumbdown:

:lol:

Nothing like refutation by demonstrating an incorrect usage of a symbol. :rolleyes:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Democracy =! Slavery [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5494632 - 04/08/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

blaze2 said:

Interesting point. The slaves, for one thing, could have been Egyptians themselves, lower, poorer classes. Also, weak shepherds wouldn't make good slaves. :grin:

im sure some were other egyptians, but I'm also sure that the sheperds werent weak physically just militarily.  Everybody back then had muscles(exepct the highest noble class of course), so yea they would make good slaves.  strong as they probroly were from carrying water, animals, rocks, building houses, and pretty much doing everything with elbow grease they still wouldnt have had much chance of evading trained soldiers on horseback and in chariots.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom