Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrbenfield
Stranger
controlling bad trips
    #5480348 - 04/04/06 07:43 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

is it easy or even possible to turn bad trips around? i am tripping this weekend, and am slightly worried it would end up in a bad trip. i have a sitter, and have heard that telling yourself to "breathe, relax, and let go" works. can you make it a good trip that easily?

thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: mrbenfield]
    #5480351 - 04/04/06 07:44 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

change of envirnment, different music, ect.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: barfightlard]
    #5480378 - 04/04/06 07:53 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

re-posting this from older threads.

Quote:

Personnaly, I tend to take the opnion that - you are responsible for your own trip, and it should not be upto those around you to try and baby you through your trip to make sure nothing goes wrong. That isnt to say you dont try and help out someone if they are starting to freak out - but, I really do think that in the end of it - you are responsible for yourself.

For me, I've found that even while on high doses / near lvl 5 trips / etc - I can usualy talk myself out of a bad situation, or do things to calm myself down without placing the burden onto those around me. I've also found that if things are starting to go bad for me, having 'help' from other people dose more harm than good, and I'm better at getting myself out of a 'bad trip' more than other people - but, thats personal I suppose.

Anywho, some tips/things I do.

If you are feeling uncomfortable - I pretty much have a mental check-list of things that /may/ be making me uncomfortable. ie:

- am I cold?
- am I hot?
- do I have to go pee, fart, or shit?
- am I thirsty?

I've found all of the above have been sources of anxiety for me in the past before. All I knew was "something is wrong?!" - my body was trying to tell me something, but I was to high to figure it out. Instead of freaking out, I pretty much went down a check list

- am I feeling cold? - try putting on a blanket or a sweater to see if it helps.
- or, am I hot? - try taking off clothes / etc
- go sit on the shitter, maybe I'm uncomfoy because the pain in my gut is just gas - no need to freak out.

Some times, I've been too -?!$?' to know what exactly it is - so I'd try all of the above until I got myself back into a comfy happy space. I remember first going through this at an outdoor party. I was terribly uncomfy, getting pretty anxious and not knowing why - so I just started to do things like - try and pee, put on a blanket, find water - and all of these things helped.

My body was trying to tell me things - but my mind wasnt able to interpet them 'automatically' like it normally dose - so I had to put my brain into manual, not automatic

Then, there are the obvious ones : change setting and/or music. Are you feeling closed in, closterphobic? maybe you need to go outside - instead of running around the house freaking out, step outside and see if that helps. Are things simply too intense and your brain cant keep up? cut out stimulation - turn off or change music, turn off the lights - or, if that makes it worse - turn them back on. I've often found that if I'm feeling anxious, it can simply be because its TOO bright and I'm getting stimulation overload, and a bit of darkness can do wonders. Some times,. maybe the music is too fast or too angry - turning it off, or changing it to something more relaxing can help.

Try and remind yourself of things like
- It's ONLY a drug. It /WILL/ end.
- "I've read trip reports of people who went through this - they are fine now, I will be fine too"
- Mushrooms (or LSD) are not fatal, they cant killl you

the 1st time I felt a mush trip starting to go bad, my initial thoughts were "OMG, I've done too much, this is never going to end, I am going to die, I've lost it" and started to panic abit. But, I forced myself to stop, and started to remeber all of the things I read about mushrooms, all of the trip reports, etc and was "wait no! I will be fine", and quickly snapped out of it.

- Dont fight the trip, dont try and end it - trying to do these two things will just create more fear, fusturation and anxiety.

- Dont sweat the small stuff - cant find your keys? cant find your wallet? - unless you're 100% reliant, life depends on those items - just let it go. Its not worth spazzing out over.

I remeber awhile ago, tripping with my BF, we were out in a park and he asks me for my lighter (had just bought an expensive butane torch one). Anywho, I couldnt find it - we start to panic for no real reason, running around trying to find it - and just having things get increasingly annoying. Then, I was just "fuckit, the lighter isnt worth getting upset over", stopped myself and him from looking for it and just carried on enjoying our trip. Turns out it was in my back pocket - and I found it shortly after stopping to look for it. But, letting little things like that ruin your trip is NOT worth it.

Dunno, maybe its because I've tripped solo so often - I just find that it really should be the trippers responsability to look after themselfs while tripping or on any drugs really. The only exception to this is if someone is supplying you with something for the first time.

ie: first few times I do E, or shrooms with a friend who's doing it for the first time. I'll put extra effort into looking out for them, but there comes a point of 'ok, if this is your 1000th time, you should know how to handle things by now'.

and check this thread

Offlinemrbenfield
Stranger
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: kaniz]
    #5480409 - 04/04/06 08:02 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

ok, thanks. after i trip i i wll let you guys know how it goes.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: mrbenfield]
    #5480450 - 04/04/06 08:14 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Seems like your dwelling on it to much.

Take a gram and wait about an hour to feel its effects - then just decide from there, eat more or enjoy.

And as Bellylard mentioned - change the setting, put on/turn off music, go in a different room or go outside, etc. Switch the situation up

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: controlling bad trips [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5480491 - 04/04/06 08:25 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

On only my second time tripping, I took an 8th of really potent Hawai'ian fungi and was in a totally weird situation and totally alone. I made the mistake of instantly regretting eating the whole 8th and eventually trying to puke it up. After getting some of it up I thought maybe I wasn't tripping anymore, but really I was coming up on what would be a terrible trip. The whole time I tried to fight it and it just kept getting worse and worse. Eventually I walked down to the beach and just lay there baking in the sun, in utter despaire over my life and humanity in general, feeling like no one could possibly understand the emptiness I was feeling at that moment. It was like going through hell. But I was able to keep talking to myself and trying to keep myself out of those awful mindfucking thought loops that you get into in bad trips.

It was the worst day of my life, but it was so bad that the come down felt amazing, like a complete renewal of self, and it was one of the happiest evenings of my life. I tend to look at bad trips differently because of it: I think that if you are in a bad place, you should not fight it at all, and just let it carry you through your own mind, as long as you can physically control yourself and keep from committing suicide or something (a thought which actually crossed my mind). In the end, a really bad trip has as much meaning as a beautiful trip, and you shouldn't just try to ignore it: you should listen to what your mind is saying and let it flow even if it feels like you're going insane or going through the pits of hell. In the end the come-down will be a fucking beautiful thing and if you're able to reflect on all the despair and emptiness you felt you will become more susceptible to the simple joy of being.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: Lion]
    #5480545 - 04/04/06 08:41 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

great advice from kaniz.

pre-trip preperation can almost ensure a good trip. read up about set and setting, and make sure you have your set the most positive it can be.

don't underestimate the power of a beer to calm you down.

worst case scenario, have a xanax or two around...that will ease you down.

--------------------

Offlinesuperbob57
The Hobbit from the Shire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: Taco Chef]
    #5480655 - 04/04/06 09:09 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

beer and mushrooms dont mix they throw the whole trip into craziness..
same with weed if you not use to it....smokeing weed helps me but im an everday toker so weed is good to smoke during a trip...but beer ohhh god makes it so you cant even stand up straight...Don't underestimate the power of beer and mushrooms...talk about a sloppy trip.... :thumbdown: be safe...

--------------------
If I run full blast, I'll never get tired and If I slow down I get stuck, so I opened my mind and let the wild things in and there not going away but getting stronger, day by day, I will find the source of all things it's only a matter of time and I will be one with the universe once again my friends...I will never find the end but the start of a new begining...-J.R.S.A Man Of Experiences:lsdabc:...IV:syringe: 4-aco-DMT "Where Fools Rush In, and Angels Fear To Tread..." NN-DMT Pure Magic Wizard Dust!:wizard:
folio]http://www.redbubble.com/people/khaotehk/portfolio[/url]
https://youtu.be/C1_YHJDRgqE
:chesire: I miss you, I love you my Angel Aimee Renee Orme March 14th 2020. Always and Forever will are Love will go on, Forever & Always are Etched on my Heart. ❤

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: controlling bad trips [Re: superbob57]
    #5480903 - 04/04/06 10:06 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

my trips have all been relatively negative, but have all had a great outcome.

I feel now that I could have a good trip, since my last one really opened my eyes to things about myself.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: controlling bad trips [Re: indica]
    #5481286 - 04/04/06 11:58 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

The thing is that, once you try to really be in control, that bad trips start to happen.

Gotta just go with the flow.  Relax, everythings gonna be O.K....

so the walls are bleeding and you're witnessing this cracked out jackel laughing at you and for some reason you're getting the idea that you've actually encountered this entity every night of youre life while you sleep.  You get that deja vu feeling... Whatever, its just the trip doing its thing, maybe its real, maybe its not, move on to the next crazy fuckin thing going on.  :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (04/04/06 11:59 PM)

Offlinemjw0
Hamburgerler
Male User Gallery

Re: controlling bad trips [Re: Ginseng1]
    #5481307 - 04/05/06 12:10 AM (18 years, 16 days ago)

What i try to do is the minute things start going south, or a negative thought enters my mind, change it immediately. if you ponder something bad for just a few seconds, that might be enough time for you to not be able to get it out of your head for quite some time. stay positive. clean your environmet up before tripping. ie, your house. try to be around people who commonly annoying.

--------------------
All posts are works of fiction. I do not consume or harvest mushrooms.

Offlinemjw0
Hamburgerler
Male User Gallery

Re: controlling bad trips [Re: mjw0]
    #5481309 - 04/05/06 12:11 AM (18 years, 16 days ago)

sorry.... try NOT to be around people who are annoying. Avoid those motherfucks.

--------------------
All posts are works of fiction. I do not consume or harvest mushrooms.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5481370 - 04/05/06 12:43 AM (18 years, 16 days ago)

they were mistakes number 2 & 3 I made.

Number 1 was trying to control it.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #5481653 - 04/05/06 05:42 AM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

mjw0 said:
if you ponder something bad for just a few seconds, that might be enough time for you to not be able to get it out of your head for quite some time.  stay positive.  clean your environmet up before tripping.  ie, your house.

:thumbup:

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5481658 - 04/05/06 05:49 AM (18 years, 16 days ago)

imho, trying to "control" your trip is probably not helping.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
Re: controlling bad trips [Re: kotik]
    #5481781 - 04/05/06 07:07 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Realize there aren't 'bad' trips, or 'good' ones for that matter. There is only tripping. What denotes them as 'bad' or 'good' is your own mental projection. For example, a bad trip for you, might be exactly the kind of trip someone else likes, and vice versa.

When you start giving titles to your trips and putting them in categroies like bad vs. good, you're bound to be stressed out because you don't want to experience those awful feelings of your so-called bad trip.

Once you've disregarded any feelings towards the categories of your trips, you may find that they'll flow more nicely. You'll be able to focus more on either having a good time, or actually learning about yourself and from others rather than spending a large portion of your time worrying about whether or not you're going to spin into a bad trip.

There's lessons to be learned and things to be seen everywhere.

:peace::thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds