Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Tincture   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Psilocybe Season - Aus & NZ
    #5481259 - 04/05/06 01:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was made in response to the maker of the Melbourne Season thread refusing to rename it to annex the rest of Australia! (hehe)

Well, the season if fast approaching and will soon be upon us. For PAN cyanescens (picky, picky picky!), subaeruginosa and other various varieties (aucklandii, tasmaniana etc) that fall under the glorious name of Psilocybe!

In the anticipation of the 2006 season, let's start getting ready people. Buy those 00 caps, get your dissicant ready, your drying chambers, drying racks, paper bags and the whatnot... tis the season to be jolly!

Feel free to post pics of previous hunts or whatever...

This season's gonna be big. I get the feeling shrooms are starting make a bit of a comeback into society and culture and are being (a little) bit more accepted as harmless, usefull tools for fun/exploration.

Post pics, your hunting habitats, times, favourite/most readily available variety, methods (drying, storing) and stories of hunts here!

This was made for you Aussies and Kiwis... so abuse it!

Shroom on
x :crazy2:

Edited by indica (04/07/06 07:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoitus
Chemical Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand
Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: indica]
    #5484600 - 04/05/06 11:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, could you give me any clues where to buy empty caps? I intend to dry alot of the stuff i find this season to save me from trip craving outside the season. Im in NZ, i thought like those hippy hearbal stores but they didnt seem to have any...

edit: whats the market term for blank gel caps?

--------------------

Edited by Coitus (04/05/06 11:20 PM)

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Coitus]
    #5484716 - 04/05/06 11:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

http ://www.theshop.co.nz/shopn/spi/1001/HPOST_1_ART_4046

Broke the link so just take away the spacee after http.

Down the bottom they are selling 00 caps in NZ.

Hope that helps.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5485385 - 04/06/06 04:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

they are sold as '0', '00' or '000' caps and are usually sold in most health food stores. They are geltatin, so if you're vegetarian or muslim, best to avoid these and go for the gelatin free ones.

Thanks to otto for putting me onto those

OfflineCoitus
Chemical Life
Male User Gallery

#5488357 - 04/07/06 01:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

no im definatly not vegetarian or muslim, thanks alot i looked for ages and came up nil so this is a big help, cheers.

--------------------

OfflineCoitus
Chemical Life
Male User Gallery

#5488368 - 04/07/06 01:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

oh yeh is 0 bigger than 00?

--------------------

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #5488446 - 04/07/06 02:08 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Why did you specify P. subaeruginosa in the title? Why can't it just be '2006 Shroom season Aus & NZ' or something? There's gonna be libs, native nz shrooms, who knows what from aussie...P. subs being the least interesting of them all.

Invisibleshroomkma
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: indica] * 1
    #5488509 - 04/07/06 02:25 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
they are sold as '0', '00' or '000' caps and are usually sold in most health food stores. They are geltatin, so if you're vegetarian or muslim, best to avoid these and go for the gelatin free ones.

Thanks to otto for putting me onto those

hehehehe
and where do u think otto got them from :P  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: :tongue2:

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: shroomkma]
    #5488867 - 04/07/06 04:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

ok ok, I'll change the freakin title.

sheesh there's just no pleasing some people lol

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5488880 - 04/07/06 04:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

subs being the LEAST ineteresting?

don't let mine hear that! :frown:

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #5488907 - 04/07/06 04:59 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Haha, ok so that was a little harsh. But I like the new title, nice and simple. Hopefully people will start posting here and let last years thread be concluded (it is 2006 now afterall).

The only reason I said that subs were the least interesting is cause they are the most common for us in this part of the world. And the effects aren't always as nice as some other shrooms. Still, hunting them is fun, I'm always stoked when I come across some subs, even if I don't pick them. They are an interesting shroom and the variation exhibited within the species is pretty intriguing. I hope we see a good range of them this year!!

Here's some sub pics just for you xk3m...and any noobs out there, hopefully these will help get you on your way.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: zee_werp]
    #5488927 - 04/07/06 05:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i find it strange how your pics of the subs you've found look absolutely NOTHING like the one's I find. Mine are a lot smaller, and it's hard to find them opened up so nicely, they sort of just look like a little umbrella. also, mine (or more specifically, the ones around here) don't have that pointy top on them. they are nicely rounded... Unfortunately, I don't have any pics, but I heard on another forum relating to subs that some guy in new zealand (far south) found some subs already in his 'secret patch' (apparently) so I'm thinking of heading out this weekend to the colder parts near where I live to have a little look-see, and I'll take my camera anyway to snap some of the areas I'll be plundering

Edited by indica (04/07/06 05:39 AM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5488938 - 04/07/06 05:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

well, these pictures aren't personally mine and I'd love to give credit to the photographer, but I don't know if it's breaking any rules. I'll just say I got it from the Erowid image vaults. They are the ones that look identical to the ones I find...

I notice yours resemble more cubensis than subaeruginosa... lol

I've read that they lump P. tasmaniana under subaeruginosa? I vote we make it a species all of its own.

I'll be sure to document the different types of 'subaeruginosa' I find.

Peace

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #5488947 - 04/07/06 06:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
Well, the season if fast approaching and will soon be upon us. For cyanescens, subaeruginosa and a couple of other unnamable varieties (aucklandii, tasmaniana etc)

Do you mean pan. cyanescens cause psi. cyanescens doesnt grow in Aus or NZ. Id be suprised if someone posts a tasmaniana pic this year.

Quote:

zee_werp said:
There's gonna be libs, native nz shrooms, who knows what from aussie...P. subs being the least interesting of them all.

Theres only been a few makarorae shots ive ever seen on the shroomery (yours haunteds an rev jim jones). Cant wait to see some NZ lib shots.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: OOISI]
    #5488982 - 04/07/06 07:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

how do you propose I differentiate tasmaniana from subs? I don't have a microscope and I'd probably find it really hard to get access to one, so what do I use to tell? Spore print?

I'm not sure if bluemeanie is the author of the shaman-australis.com page describing it, but it says tasmaniana exclusively grows off kangaroo poo and that it was incorrectly identified as active? damn. But the description sure matches the ones I find, but then again... maybe I'm just a wishful thinker.

Edited by indica (04/07/06 07:08 AM)

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #5489021 - 04/07/06 07:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I found a sub today, looked more like a mix between the pics you guys posted,  kinda like this... (note not my photo)

Looked heaps like the azurescens photos I've seen, (but I'm geussing it isnt). Very copper coloured, its shines in the light even though its drying and wrinkly.

Whats the deal with the subs in these parts anyway? Are they all native species or were they introduced? And are there makarorae on Banks Peninsusla? Might be worth going for a hunt just to get a spore print. :smile:

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

#5489062 - 04/07/06 08:38 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

dude just type in "empty capsules" on ebay. you can buy filler machines pretty cheap too. i'm gonna get myself some and a filler very soon. just hope it comes through customs alright, can't see why it would have any problems.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

OfflineCoitus
Chemical Life
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Artnotwar]
    #5490597 - 04/07/06 06:46 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

k well no one told me if 0 > 00. and Ebay + shipping + me being a student = no money so i think id rather just stick to my $3 shipping locally :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5490624 - 04/07/06 06:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Feelers... what kind of environment did you find them? And what part of NZ are you on? Far south? I need to know... I'm going to go for a drive and have a look soon, it's sounding promising. It's been fuckin cold here for ages now.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5491076 - 04/07/06 11:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I found it in a real damp bark garden(suburban area), heaps of small dead leaves - but it was growing on bark underneath. According to blue meanie pinus radiata forests are a good place to hunt - and that's pretty much every forest. I'm very new to hunting(well not for amanitas) - our fist hunt found loads of mushroom species, but not the ones we're looking for.

Im in Christchurch

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Feelers]
    #5491102 - 04/07/06 11:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm. I went for a quick look up at a local spot with pines, I didn't find anything but then again it's pretty exposed to the elements (mostly sun :P) If I get some time, I'll head out to the BIG forests to check. I'm guessing this bark garden was real shady like and pretty dark.
ANy pics?

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5491159 - 04/07/06 11:42 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

By the way, what are the temps like in your area (christchurch)

OfflineBodhibiscuit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Christchurch, NZ
    #5491590 - 04/08/06 02:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

At the moment it's around the mid teens, today was 19C - a scorcher. We've had a few rainy days but it's still a bit on the dry side. I went for a look around the some of the parks in the foothills by the city last week, there were heaps of amanitas and boletes - couldn't find any subs though. It's encouraging to hear of your success Feelers.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Bodhibiscuit]
    #5491732 - 04/08/06 03:14 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

lol I wouldnt exactly call 19c a 'scorcher', for winter perhaps, but it's pretty tame.
Around here, the temps have been lingering in the low teens due to really heavy winds (past week or so). Mornings are a lot colder and evenings are getting really chilly with the shortening days. I'm simply writhing with anticipation. I really want to go out and have a look, but I don't have a license at the moment and travelling any distance greater than outside my neighbourhood is far too risky. I'm thinking of giving some amanitas a whirl if I find any, but I haven't seen them for a while.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5491788 - 04/08/06 03:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Many of the mushrooms we found on our hunt(ie the wrong ones) were pretty dried out - so I'd suggest looking in gullys ect where its more humid. Chilly tonight, perfect for a bit of cold shocking.

The bark garden was surprisingly out in the open - I'd say sunlight probably 1/2 the day, but the soil was real moist. Its nt really what I'd call a patch - but I'll see how it goes. Had another look today and no sign of any more coming up.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5491841 - 04/08/06 04:14 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey bluemeanie has anyone grown subs indoors successfully before?

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5491938 - 04/08/06 05:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hate to butt in, but I remember hearing somewhere that subs are really difficult to grow indoors and take a lot of time and patience. I was thinking of buying one of those cool-rooms (like bar-fridges) and laying the ground with soil (keep the floor exposed to the earth underneath somehow) and throw a heap of mulch that subs grow on in there with some mycellium, then fluctuate the temps accordingly. Of couse, it's probably the most far-fetched idea ever, but if I ever get the $$$ I might embark on a bit of project. What can I say, I adore the little suckers. I reckon they're the cutest little shroom hehehe

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

#5491999 - 04/08/06 07:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the size "00" caps are bigger.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Artnotwar]
    #5492031 - 04/08/06 08:11 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

is "000" the biggest?

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5494075 - 04/08/06 08:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

bumpity

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #5494098 - 04/08/06 08:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, size 000 is the biggest.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Sheepish]
    #5494851 - 04/09/06 12:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Whats with all the OOO's?

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5494890 - 04/09/06 12:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

they're gelcaps.
google em
The weathers not letting up... which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm going to head out tomorrow to the radiatas and go pin-hunting.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5495078 - 04/09/06 01:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

a guy named Paid grew them indoors.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: P. subaeruginosa (& other Psilocybes) Season - Aus & NZ [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5495290 - 04/09/06 02:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

do you have any photo's or links, bluemeanie? I'd much like to see this.

OfflineSifika
Down UnderHunter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Auckland, NZ
Re: gelcaps [Re: Feelers]
    #5495384 - 04/09/06 03:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Feelers said:
Whats with all the OOO's?

If the sizes used for those gelcaps are anything like those used in the piercing world (piercing jewellery and needles are measured in 'gauges' or millimeters), 000 should be the largest size. :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: gelcaps [Re: Sifika]
    #5495537 - 04/09/06 05:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

some silly woman in a hippie herbal health store tried to convince me that '0' were the biggest hey were the only ones they had in stock) and tried to hock them off to me.

Heh, she gave me sus looks when I said "can I buy those in bulk?"
She said no, so I said "don't worry about it. I need heavy duty medication that you can't supply."

Walked out, I'm glad because it would have sucked had I bought 10,000 '0' caps thinking they were the biggest...

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

Re: gelcaps [Re: indica]
    #5495573 - 04/09/06 06:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Alright first serious hunt tomorrow, 9:30 (bloody early for me), I'll hopefully have a camera if I get lucky, and even if I dont there should be plenty of other species suitable for some mycoporn.
Watch this space.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5495624 - 04/09/06 07:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

you mean actives?
how long do you usually spend in these pre/early season hunts in a day?

I can hardly contain myself any more. I'm about ready to crack some skulls if I don't get some shrooms within the next couple of months lol

Offlinemoshroom
curious
Loc: Ausvicmel s.e
    #5495650 - 04/09/06 07:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

next couple of months?
im counting minutes

--------------------
Magic Mushrooms are just natures way of saying High!

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

Re: gelcaps [Re: moshroom]
    #5495925 - 04/09/06 10:40 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well my holidays just started and most of my flatmates have gone - and it beats doing study. I havent really been mushroom hunting before except for amanitas. The weathers been alright for fruiting, so we're just gonna go out and have a look. Worst case scenario you dont find any but you get some activity. :laugh:
Best case scenario: you find heaps and they're super strong because they are the most potent early on.
How many subs go you guys normally take? I read somewhere about 4 - that seems awfully low. The guy I'm hunting with said to take about 12. Any thoughts?

Invisibleshroomkma
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5496159 - 04/09/06 12:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

u eat 12
and ur asking 4 trouble mate abssssssssloooooooooty asken 4 trouble

and im tripping right now.. so im sorta getting a bit arky with sum1 saying that..
i choped 1 shroom up ( dryed from last season ) and put into a capsule
and dude
im fucken wasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd
seriiously eating 12 ur asking 4 trouble no shit... these things are fucken power full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #5497353 - 04/09/06 08:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Even 4 would smash my mind to pieces. Your enthusiasm is almost scary Feelers, you remind me of when i first started picking, took 9 and got owned.

Take it easy first time round and respect the mushroom.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: gelcaps [Re: faslimy]
    #5497364 - 04/09/06 08:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

my first season I had no idea how many you were supposed to eat, so I had about 35 wet ones, 2 powerade bottles of mushroom water (boiled) and 1 cup of mushroom coffee...

needless to say it was probably the most amazing experience of my life. I don't think I'll try that many this year.

I'm just going to be doing 1-2 '000' caps every now and again between acid trips.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5498002 - 04/09/06 10:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Haha, maybe the dude I'm hunting with must be going nuts when he takes them. He definately said take about 11 - a handfull. I'll ask him again to confirm.
How big are the subs you guys are talking about? The one I found the other day is about 2 inches tall, and the cap was probably a centimeter.

The guy I'm doing the salvia experiment with takes about a level teaspoon dried and powdered. He said he had rainbows dripping off his hands and he could flick them at the wall and they splashed everywhere. :laugh: Now that sounds cool.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5498111 - 04/09/06 11:26 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah the ones I find are about the same size.
had the same problem with rainbows... I was 'painting the air' with them
very cool

Offlineasci
HONGO
Male
Loc: oregon
    #5498162 - 04/09/06 11:45 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

interesting, psilocybe subaeruginosa seems to be one of the more common psilocybe species of australia and new zealand. does anyone ever encounter any other species. alot of people ask in my area what is the more common and easiest to find, and i would have to say ps. cyanscens. i do see other species, but very seldom.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: gelcaps [Re: asci]
    #5498187 - 04/09/06 11:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

depends what area of aus you're in. For me, the most common found is subaeruginosa and that applies in other areas of Aus as well, but it really depends what kind of environment the immediate areas is, also climate is important, obviously.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #5498369 - 04/10/06 01:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i was talking about ones this size

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5498591 - 04/10/06 02:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

when did you find those

OfflineCoitus
Chemical Life
Male User Gallery

#5498676 - 04/10/06 02:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i usualy eat about 7 subs when i trip and im pretty wasted. first time i took 12 smallish 1s about 1.5 inches average and it was a fucken good trip.

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #5498698 - 04/10/06 03:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

last year

Offlinetriple_
Mushroom!Mushroom!
Male
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #5498748 - 04/10/06 03:49 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

faslimy, they look fucking awesome. Nice finds!

I'm going on my second hunt this year. My first hunt was in 2003 and found some great subs and blue meanies, so hopefully I'll be able to find some equally good shit this time. Getting really edgy this close to the start of the season....

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: gelcaps [Re: triple_]
    #5498757 - 04/10/06 04:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

what kind of environment do you find blue meanies? (assuming pan. cyanescens)

Offlinetriple_
Mushroom!Mushroom!
Male
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #5498779 - 04/10/06 04:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

From memory, it was a manured bark garden. Can't remember any distinguishing plants or trees nearby though.

Offlinesaintpedro
nom nom nom

Loc: heliosphere
Pan subbs? [Re: triple_]
    #5498783 - 04/10/06 04:47 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey there,  I'm new to mushroom hunting but stumbled across these on a farm in New Zealand which I suspected were Pan subbalteatus.  Posted an ID request in the hunting forum and seems highly likely they are.  Any other confirmation/comments are most welcome though.  Loads of new pins coming up on the cowpats after having a heap of rain, so looking forward to seeing what becomes of them :smile: 

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: saintpedro]
    #5498919 - 04/10/06 07:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

When i eat my shrooms i usually base it on weight rather than number of mushrooms. Its too variable that way, size/varying potency/age etc.

For subs i normally east 3-4g's dry, and that is a pretty strong trip. One time i fucked up the scales and ended up having close to 8-9 grams dry and was absolutely gone. Mate completely lost it, practically broke my nose etc etc.

Now i never go above 3-4g's dried, especially with subs.

Saintpedro, what did you find them growing out of? If it was horse manure, compost, wood shavings, that kind of substrate it could be promising. Im only experienced with P. Subaeruginosa ID's so dont take my word for it but if they were growing in the aforementioned environment then it could be a possibility.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5498924 - 04/10/06 07:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Did they go blue? If I find anything that bruises blue I'll keep it (obviously get it ID'd before eating!) but its definately a good sign.
There are some pics in the old huge NZ/Oz thread I'll see if I can find it.. that look very similar to those.
Amazing the difference between them - subs are a crazyly varied. The photos you posted are similar to what I found up in Hawkes Bay.
Thats why I was wondering if "Gold Tops" was the correct description (the ones here are brown/copper coloured).

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: Feelers]
    #5498935 - 04/10/06 07:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

From my understanding P. Subbalteatus doesnt really bruise blue, although i have read the mycelia at the bottom has known to slightly bruise.

I could be wrong.

--------------------

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
    #5498937 - 04/10/06 07:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

saintpedro said:
Hey there,  I'm new to mushroom hunting but stumbled across these on a farm in New Zealand which I suspected were Pan subbalteatus.  Posted an ID request in the hunting forum and seems highly likely they are.  Any other confirmation/comments are most welcome though.  Loads of new pins coming up on the cowpats after having a heap of rain, so looking forward to seeing what becomes of them :smile: 

unfortunately no australian will be able to confirm your id as they are not interested/do not hunt anything other then subaeruginosa (mostly). no one hunts them in australia or new zealand that I am aware of. you need an American to confirm the identity as they are very active pan subb hunters. to me it looks like either panaeolus subbalteatus or fimicola, but i cant tell the difference. nice find mate

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: tryptonite]
    #5501612 - 04/10/06 11:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well went on a big mission today - came back with probably 10 smallish subs. None in the pine forest, we found all of them in bark gardens, and we looked in quite a few places.
They're annoying that they love to grow under the grass ect, so you have you rip away at the foliage to find 'em.
Got some awesome looking amanitas too - if anyone wants amanitas now is the time - thousands of them.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: Feelers]
    #5502102 - 04/11/06 02:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I went on a quick hunt around some mallaleuca shrubs and had no luck, a fair bit of mycellia, but I've no idea what sub mycellia looks like.
I didn't really search very hard, so I kind of just gave up after not seeing anything where I usually used to find them...
fingers crossed

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: indica]
    #5502338 - 04/11/06 05:16 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Still about a month off in Melbourne i reckon. Was 27 here today so it defenitely needs to get alot colder and there needs to be alot more rain before i can see there being any significant finds.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5502370 - 04/11/06 06:18 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

the rain... dammit I forgot about the rain lol.
It's been cold, but little rain...

Offlinesaintpedro
nom nom nom

Loc: heliosphere
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: indica]
    #5504130 - 04/11/06 05:36 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

They were growing out of and around cowpats, in groups of about 6-7.  Pretty spread out over the paddocks though, I found around 5 patches of them (30-40 mushrooms), but only kept a few for ID purposes.  Another trip may be in order :smile:.  There was no sign of blue bruising, although I hear they sometimes blue slightly around the base of the stem.

Edited by saintpedro (04/11/06 05:37 PM)

Invisiblewinelover
crimson jedi
 User Gallery
Re: Pan subbs? no pan foenisecii . [Re: saintpedro]
    #5506516 - 04/12/06 05:27 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

somtimes contains small traces of psilocybin , well thats my guess . Happy hunting.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Pan subbs? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5506639 - 04/12/06 07:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Still about a month off in Melbourne i reckon. Was 27 here today so it defenitely needs to get alot colder and there needs to be alot more rain before i can see there being any significant finds.

Same here in adelaide, think we have had only 1 frost, but bugger all rain, hills are still not exactly green yet with winter growth. About a week of rainy weather will kick it off once this indian summer clears off.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: trixxy]
    #5508798 - 04/12/06 06:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

"marge! marge! the rains 'r ere!"

oooooh goody.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5511088 - 04/13/06 06:01 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah look like pan subbalt - they are a big mushroom in terms of history - there is evidence of usage of this mushroom in pagan/teutonic/celtic rights in the distant past.
its low in terms of potency but its vibe is more like cubies than most wild shrooms.
I know for sure that modern wiccan/neo-pagan groups tend to hold this mushroom exclusively as having some sort of religious/spiritual significance.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan subbs? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5519948 - 04/16/06 02:04 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm this is frustating. I've spent the easter weekend hunting everywhere, but there is nothing. There are plenty of amanitas though... not quite what I'm looking for.
Any idea on how long till subs start pinning, anyone?

Offlinetripsitar
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: indica]
    #5520490 - 04/16/06 11:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hi everybody. my first post :smile:! very cool website i must say, and great that it has such an active forum!

anyway, my friends and i have been eager to try psychoactive mushrooms for some time now, and have been out looking a few times, without much luck; either we've found nothing, or what we have found we haven't been confident enough in identification to actually eat them. to back this up, everything i've been reading at this site seems to say that you should /always/ get mushrooms identified by someone experienced if you're still new to the game.

so, i've a favour to ask :smile:. would somebody in melbourne be willing to take me out hunting when the season begins, if it hasn't already (and people seem to be saying it hasn't)? we can take my car if you'd like, so it's my petrol etc. i'd just like to gain some experience so i don't kill myself or my friends in our experimentation.

thanks everybody,
-duncan

EDIT/PS: oh, and if you are interested in helping me out, a reply here or as a pm or on msn or whatever is good. thanks again :smile:

Edited by tripsitar (04/16/06 11:18 AM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: tripsitar]
    #5522529 - 04/16/06 10:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hey tripsitar! Welcome to the shroomery!
I just want to warn you that most people here might be very hesitant to take you hunting with them, as they may be wary of giving away their personal hunting grounds (although, they may be sharing them with other hunters...)
I used to live up your way and was fortunate enough to get in contact with someone who was willing to take me with him one night, he took me to a local park and showed me what I was looking for... although I'd like to point out a couple of things he did/said:

- He took us with him, but he DID NOT touch/pick any of the mushrooms! He simply showed us what to look for so we didn't pick poisonous ones. Whether this was legal/health/safety reasons, I'm not sure... but it seemed wise enough

- He stressed again and again that we should always take sporeprints... and never just trust the blueing of a mushroom as a sign of psilocin.

- Kept saying he 'doesn't do mushrooms any more' and 'I'm not some paranoid guy who's smoked too much weed' he just wanted to know that some kids who wanted to pick mushrooms were going to be safe about it and know what they are looking for.

- Suggested some cool books (although I haven't had the chance to read these yet... I've got them on hold at the library)

- Warned us that psiloc(yb)in content varies IMMENSELEY from mushroom to mushroom, (ie - big shrooms could have little psilocin, tiny shrooms could have HUGE amounts etc) and that we powder them up and do them in cap form.

Thanks, Jon! If you're around here, I'd like to say that your help has benefited us greatly, although we didn't find any after you helped us out, we are now very stocked up on knowledge since your little introduction to amateur mycology! (we're the amateurs, not you!)

Anyway, so on wit hthe topic.
I'd like to suggest trying the eastern suburbs/dandenong ranges... PM me for more specifics... I'd like to help you out from this huge distance between us... I feel I may have enough knowledge to help you (assuming that others on here are less inclined to help out an amateur!)

peace everyone.... good luck in the season as well!!!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5523301 - 04/17/06 03:35 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

success

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 05:20 AM)

Offlinetripsitar
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5523345 - 04/17/06 03:54 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

thanks mr indica, and also thankyou bluemeanie! being able to post here to make sure what i have makes me a lot more confident, and that the season's still a little while away also makes me feel better about our lack of luck over the past week or so.

i'll go read up on sporeprints - is there anything in particular about the sporeprint of a psiolocybe mushroom, or is the deal just that you just compare the sporeprint to see if it matches a psilocybe?

-duncan

PS: i live in the outer eastern suburbs, only a few kms from cow-filled paddocks etc, and an easy drive to the dandenongs, so that's fortunate.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5525844 - 04/17/06 07:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well it rained pretty hard last night (one heck of a storm) and today it's absolutely freezing cold. I'm going to go out for a look up the road in the pines...

I'll let you know how it goes.

Offlinechromokano
Stranger
    #5528272 - 04/18/06 05:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hello hello fellow explorers. new guy here.

anyone from Adelaide might have realised its been pissing down like theres no end recently. i havent been hunting before so whats the usual time it starts around here??

btw im about 10min from mt lofty if that.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: chromokano]
    #5528333 - 04/18/06 07:43 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chromokano said:
hello hello fellow explorers. new guy here.

anyone from Adelaide might have realised its been pissing down like theres no end recently. i havent been hunting before so whats the usual time it starts around here??

btw im about 10min from mt lofty if that.

nice, i'm near there too, bout 15.  But I think subs needs a good chill after the wet, and it was dry as on sunday.  From the weather forcast though it looks to be gearing up nicely for anzac day. :crazy2:.

Usual start is around mid May I presume, season pretty well is decent from june to august.

Offlinechromokano
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: trixxy]
    #5528338 - 04/18/06 07:48 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hooray for no work anzac day!

so might be worth waiting another fortnight or such? still fun to go check out spots but. im gonna haveta keep an eye on this thread

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: chromokano]
    #5531412 - 04/18/06 11:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

it's been raining for 3 days solid down here in tassie. It's absolutely pissing down now and doesn't show any sign of giving up... it's pretty darn cold out as well.
I went for a quick look in the pines the other day and this is all I could manage to find :wink:

Offlinechromokano
Stranger
    #5532426 - 04/19/06 07:06 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

^^^ nice finds...what are they?? amanitas? (prob spelled that wrong)

Offlineravingmad2
Stranger
    #5532438 - 04/19/06 07:19 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
it's been raining for 3 days solid down here in tassie. It's absolutely pissing down now and doesn't show any sign of giving up... it's pretty darn cold out as well.
I went for a quick look in the pines the other day and this is all I could manage to find :wink:

It sure is raining here. I've been for a few short walks about and it seems the actual mushroom season is almost upon us, as their are early birds out and about now. I'm hopeful that Tassie will have a good year this year.

Quote:

chromokano said:
^^^ nice finds...what are they?? amanitas? (prob spelled that wrong)

Yeah, they are your run of the mill amanitas.

Edited by ravingmad2 (04/19/06 07:22 AM)

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: ravingmad2]
    #5532711 - 04/19/06 10:15 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

They are "Amanita Muscaria" from the look of things. Its not the best photo and there are various sub-species of amanita muscaria that i am aware of such as the very similar looking Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata but to me they look like your common Fly Agaric (amanita muscaria.)

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5536483 - 04/20/06 05:43 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

ravingmad: are you from Tassie? I thought I was the only wegian here lol.
The temperatures have essentially plumetted. It's freakin winter temps here during the day, even without the rain and wind... it's getting cold. I found a lot of wood-loving shrooms that sort of look a lot like subaeruginosas but they are a tinge of yellow/green on the stem and don't stain... also a lot slimier. I wonder what these could be, no photos sorry.
The pic quality of the amanitas is shit because it's from my phone. I've got a decent camera I'll take with me on my future hunts, don't worry.

Are the var. flavivolvata edible, also? I didn't eat them, I dried them in the oven but they smelled like total shit so I just threw them away, nothing lost nothing gained in my opinion... it was just cool to find them and know what they were :laugh:

Offlineravingmad2
Stranger
    #5536644 - 04/20/06 08:51 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
ravingmad: are you from Tassie? I thought I was the only wegian here lol.
The temperatures have essentially plumetted. It's freakin winter temps here during the day, even without the rain and wind... it's getting cold. I found a lot of wood-loving shrooms that sort of look a lot like subaeruginosas but they are a tinge of yellow/green on the stem and don't stain... also a lot slimier. I wonder what these could be, no photos sorry.

Yeah I'm from Tassie. I went on a brief scout today and saw a heap of mushrooms (poisonous :frown:) that have popped up in the past couple of days and one patch that got my hopes up but didn't stain blue. :undecided:

I get the feeling it's just a matter of days till active ones are starting to be about, however I wouldn't be surprised if they already were in some places.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: ravingmad2]
    #5550141 - 04/24/06 05:25 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Do you mind me asking which region you're from? (North, South, NW whatever). I've hit the pines around here pretty much every day for the past week with no luck... but I plan on heading out to a forest near me that is in between two mountains that is always really dark and cold, so hopefully I will have some luck there.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5553974 - 04/25/06 06:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

bump damn you

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5557530 - 04/26/06 05:31 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

screw you guys :frown:

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #5557606 - 04/26/06 07:33 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tripsitar said:
i live in the outer eastern suburbs, only a few kms from cow-filled paddocks etc, and an easy drive to the dandenongs, so that's fortunate.

Forget about the cow-filled paddocks, man. Like Bluemeanie said - landscaped areas are best! Once you discover your first patch be sure to take note of details (where they are growing, what they are growing on etc.) so you get a good idea for suitable environments to look for in future. It can seem daunting, but it's really easy as.

Make sure you ID whatever you find before taking anything with the guys on this site - like Bluemeanie - who know their shit.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5572792 - 04/30/06 03:15 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

we found some subs around the reserve near the local swimming pool. The fruits were really small and of pretty shit quality. The area has been totally raped (mycellium) but it was the closest spot to us at the time. We found about 18 real small subs and divided them up between three of us and had a nice litle level 1 trip. I was very disappointed considering the guys up in melb are finding plenty. We also checked the pines, but nothing. I'll just give it another couple of weeks.

OfflineMagicalKnife
Shroomologist
 User Gallery

#5573030 - 04/30/06 04:22 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Found these in Rotorua, New Zealand:

Notice the intense bluing on the large stem.

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
?

Offlinebacyrad_botanist
Mushroom connousieur

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: MagicalKnife]
    #10404202 - 05/26/09 10:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Found some little subs yesterday not long up out of the ground that were almost black they were that dark, at first I didn't even think they were subs, but i found a few that were sorta dark but still had a golden tinge.
All of them had the characteristic shape of the young sporocarp, sorry I don't have any pics. Just interested if anyone else has found any like this?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Tincture   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder