Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Tincture   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineravingmad2
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: indica]
    #5532438 - 04/19/06 02:19 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
it's been raining for 3 days solid down here in tassie. It's absolutely pissing down now and doesn't show any sign of giving up... it's pretty darn cold out as well.
I went for a quick look in the pines the other day and this is all I could manage to find :wink:

It sure is raining here. I've been for a few short walks about and it seems the actual mushroom season is almost upon us, as their are early birds out and about now. I'm hopeful that Tassie will have a good year this year.

Quote:

chromokano said:
^^^ nice finds...what are they?? amanitas? (prob spelled that wrong)

Yeah, they are your run of the mill amanitas.

Edited by ravingmad2 (04/19/06 02:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: ravingmad2]
    #5532711 - 04/19/06 05:15 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They are "Amanita Muscaria" from the look of things. Its not the best photo and there are various sub-species of amanita muscaria that i am aware of such as the very similar looking Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata but to me they look like your common Fly Agaric (amanita muscaria.)

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5536483 - 04/20/06 12:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

ravingmad: are you from Tassie? I thought I was the only wegian here lol.
The temperatures have essentially plumetted. It's freakin winter temps here during the day, even without the rain and wind... it's getting cold. I found a lot of wood-loving shrooms that sort of look a lot like subaeruginosas but they are a tinge of yellow/green on the stem and don't stain... also a lot slimier. I wonder what these could be, no photos sorry.
The pic quality of the amanitas is shit because it's from my phone. I've got a decent camera I'll take with me on my future hunts, don't worry.

Are the var. flavivolvata edible, also? I didn't eat them, I dried them in the oven but they smelled like total shit so I just threw them away, nothing lost nothing gained in my opinion... it was just cool to find them and know what they were :laugh:

Offlineravingmad2
Stranger
    #5536644 - 04/20/06 03:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
ravingmad: are you from Tassie? I thought I was the only wegian here lol.
The temperatures have essentially plumetted. It's freakin winter temps here during the day, even without the rain and wind... it's getting cold. I found a lot of wood-loving shrooms that sort of look a lot like subaeruginosas but they are a tinge of yellow/green on the stem and don't stain... also a lot slimier. I wonder what these could be, no photos sorry.

Yeah I'm from Tassie. I went on a brief scout today and saw a heap of mushrooms (poisonous :frown:) that have popped up in the past couple of days and one patch that got my hopes up but didn't stain blue. :undecided:

I get the feeling it's just a matter of days till active ones are starting to be about, however I wouldn't be surprised if they already were in some places.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: ravingmad2]
    #5550141 - 04/24/06 12:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Do you mind me asking which region you're from? (North, South, NW whatever). I've hit the pines around here pretty much every day for the past week with no luck... but I plan on heading out to a forest near me that is in between two mountains that is always really dark and cold, so hopefully I will have some luck there.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5553974 - 04/25/06 01:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

bump damn you

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#5557530 - 04/26/06 12:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

screw you guys :frown:

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: tripsitar]
    #5557606 - 04/26/06 02:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tripsitar said:
i live in the outer eastern suburbs, only a few kms from cow-filled paddocks etc, and an easy drive to the dandenongs, so that's fortunate.

Forget about the cow-filled paddocks, man. Like Bluemeanie said - landscaped areas are best! Once you discover your first patch be sure to take note of details (where they are growing, what they are growing on etc.) so you get a good idea for suitable environments to look for in future. It can seem daunting, but it's really easy as.

Make sure you ID whatever you find before taking anything with the guys on this site - like Bluemeanie - who know their shit.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5572792 - 04/30/06 10:15 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

we found some subs around the reserve near the local swimming pool. The fruits were really small and of pretty shit quality. The area has been totally raped (mycellium) but it was the closest spot to us at the time. We found about 18 real small subs and divided them up between three of us and had a nice litle level 1 trip. I was very disappointed considering the guys up in melb are finding plenty. We also checked the pines, but nothing. I'll just give it another couple of weeks.

OfflineMagicalKnife
Shroomologist
 User Gallery

#5573030 - 04/30/06 11:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Found these in Rotorua, New Zealand:

Notice the intense bluing on the large stem.

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
?

Offlinebacyrad_botanist
Mushroom connousieur

Re: Psilocybe Season [Re: MagicalKnife]
    #10404202 - 05/27/09 05:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Found some little subs yesterday not long up out of the ground that were almost black they were that dark, at first I didn't even think they were subs, but i found a few that were sorta dark but still had a golden tinge.
All of them had the characteristic shape of the young sporocarp, sorry I don't have any pics. Just interested if anyone else has found any like this?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract, Amanita Muscaria, Amanita Tincture   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies