Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Hunting locations only mentioned Bay Area and north of it.
    #5475887 - 04/03/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Is it worth getting into mushroom hunting if I'm in the San Fernando Valley or an hour north of it? I'm looking for edibles as well as actives. The FAQ mentions CA, but only from the Bay area to Oregon. Thanks guys.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting locations only mentioned Bay Area and north of it. [Re: Solidcell]
    #5476392 - 04/03/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think actives do, but chanterelles grow down there. simi valley area, etc...where there's oak trees.

Has it been raining down there in San Fernando lately?. Surely there are woodchip landscaping areas in the valley. Is there any mushrooms of any kind in woodchip areas?...Can you take photos?

Ya never know...there's a first time for everything

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Hunting locations only mentioned Bay Area and north of it. [Re: auweia]
    #5476426 - 04/03/06 08:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ya know, with all the recent shit going on, new species, Azures, cyans in march, etc i wouldnt be surprised if someone found some further south.

The fibs were in Monteray this year.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Re: Hunting locations only mentioned Bay Area and north of it. [Re: sui]
    #5476601 - 04/03/06 08:51 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yea it's been raining here consistently. Today it's been non-stop. I've seen LBMs but nothing that I'd stop to take a picture of. If I see anything I'll be sure to get it.

Yea, plenty of people have woodchips in their landscaping, and just wherever.

Thanks guys.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #5476622 - 04/03/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

make sure to take pics and get specimens identified here before consumption.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#5476673 - 04/03/06 09:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, those little brown mushroom could be deadly Gallerina. Please don't eat any of them until identified, but please do take photos, as many as you can. In all angles, including gills.

Even if you don't think it's worth it, I hope you have the time to stop and take a photo anyway. You're not the first to ask about southern Cali.

There are people here who represent the entire state of California for identification, and anything unusual out of the southland could be of great interest. Nobpody can say until we see something

Quote:

Solidcell said:
Yea it's been raining here consistently. Today it's been non-stop. I've seen LBMs but nothing that I'd stop to take a picture of. If I see anything I'll be sure to get it.

Yea, plenty of people have woodchips in their landscaping, and just wherever.

Thanks guys.

OfflineTheShroomNinja
Humbled Bastard Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Twilight zone
    #5476731 - 04/03/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i find alot of shroomies, some i havent even seen before around here, i needa cam. i went to this cow feild and foudn like 5 kinds growing all together and a bunch of lbms...

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Re: Hunting locations only mentioned Bay Area and north of it. [Re: TheShroomNinja]
    #5477558 - 04/04/06 12:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Oh man, I just ate a whole handful of LBMs!!!  j/k, but thanks for the warning, you guys really do care! I feel loved :grin:.  I'll go looking in the fields a day or two after it stops rainging.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

#5479375 - 04/04/06 02:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, today I was walking past a building that had woodchips for ground cover, but no shrooms. A little further and I see these hedges like in this picture: http://www.hedgesonline.com/images/Buxus_sempervirens.JPG
The ones I saw had about a foot clearance under it. I took a peak under it as I was walking by and to my surprise, there are about 4-5 mushrooms growing underneath it. I don't have a camera on me, my roomate took it for the week, but I can describe them for now (when he gets back, I'm sure there will still be the same ones growing in that spot).

I saw 2 that hadn't torn their veils, and 2-3 that were flattening out. The ones that hadn't torn looks like button mushrooms except for they weren't that white of a white and they had what looked like cracks (I didn't kneel down to get a better look because there were plenty of people around). The ones that were flattening out were a little more off white and the cracks were more more present. It seemed that the brown that offset the white was deeper closer to the cracks.

I'll be sure to go by the spot again with a camera when I can. It only stopped raining around midnight and it's been drizzling on and off, so once it's stopped raining for another day (hopefully it doesn't start again), I'll look in more open areas.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#5479735 - 04/04/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

hmm..doesn't really ring a bell for me, maybe try to find those at Mykoweb, fungi of California >

http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species_index.html

There's alot of photos to go through there, and maybe something will look familiar..There als an LA myc society > http://www.lamushrooms.org/reading.html

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

#5479857 - 04/04/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the links, but I don't have 3 days to go through all the pictures, haha. I'll go by and take some pictures this weekend.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom