Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinediableria
Stranger
are these dried mushrooms safe to eat ?? (pic) help!
    #5477585 - 04/04/06 12:39 AM (18 years, 17 days ago)

hello, this is like my first harvest ever , can someone please tell me if these guys are safe to eat?? they look way lighter in the picture than they look in real life, I guess it's cause of the camera flash, some of them look a little dark purple/black but it's cause they were dropping spores by the time I picked them, but again Im not sure if they are safe to eat, I dried them with damprid in a desiccant chamber made by me, please help!!!!!

note I ate like 4 grams on sunday and i got a really bad trip the first 2 hours, i was panicking but i think it's cause i ate too much, mostly caps. but idk please help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesudont
Stranger ThanFiction

Loc: Chicago
Re: are these dried mushrooms safe to eat ?? (pic) help! [Re: diableria]
    #5477727 - 04/04/06 01:24 AM (18 years, 17 days ago)

It's not possible to tell from the pic, but if they weren't rotten when you picked them, and they dried quick enough, say in a few days, (did you air dry them first?), then they should be fine.
Do they have a rotten smell? Are they soft, or gooey? If none of the above, then they should be fine. You're probably just seeing spores. Cut them open length-wise with an exacto or a razor. If there's no ugliness inside, don't worry.

--------------------
sudon't

sudo rm -R /*

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: are these dried mushrooms safe to eat ?? (pic) help! [Re: sudont]
    #5478539 - 04/04/06 09:57 AM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Live bacteria is killed by drying. Dried mushrooms won't make you sick. It's normal to feel a bit of nausia when tripping. If it is really bad, try boiling the mushrooms into a tea, then straining off the mushroom material and drinking only the tea. Raw mushrooms are non digestable and sometimes that triggers a reflex in our systems that makes us want to puke. It can ruin your trip, that's for sure.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: are these dried mushrooms safe to eat ?? (pic) help! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5479581 - 04/04/06 03:31 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

the pic doesnt help much.
i mean come on, if you got them from yourself......NOTHING to worry about.

espically since there are no signs of contam anyways.
as roger said - its normal to feel nausea on mushies :wink:

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale