Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4501166 - 08/05/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Re I call BS,

Heres your proof and thanks for the hearty welcome, you are a brainy smurf indeed. Couldn't you just say rather than "I call BS" something like "please post some further information". Or has all civility disappeared from the net.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Atman]
    #4501251 - 08/05/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Civility? On the Internet? What are you talking about?

--------------------
When you get the blanket thing you can relax because everything you could ever want or be you already have and are.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: harpd]
    #4501921 - 08/05/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I called BS on him, not you, why should I be civil to the guy who wrote it.

And I still call BS, notice he says THEORY. And notice how its based ONLY on the bluer part of the mushroom.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
    #4502478 - 08/06/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I will take your response to be that you are questioning CB Golds' findings and not being rude to me. (at least I hope that is the case). Sorry if I was overly sensitive.

Yes it is a only a THEORY explaining why smaller mushrooms are stronger.

What is not disputable is that Christiansen & Rasmussen's finding of increased potency of psilocybin etc from the smaller shroom specimens. These guys are respected reasearchers in their fields.

Thats what I find to be interesting. Look it may not be the case for other species (ie cubensis), but for the liberties it appears to be so.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
    #5464901 - 03/31/06 05:41 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Quote:

trainboy55 said:
isn't that like saying THC is THC? i don't know many pot smokers who would agree that 'weed is weed'.

Not at ALL. Mushrooms are a fungus that produces (in simple terms) by replicating. Mushrooms are made up of the mycelium they grow from, exactly the same. You can cut a peice of mushroom tissue, the smallest speck you cant see, and shoot it into grain and you'll grow clones of that mushroom. Try sticking a peice of bud into soil and see what it gets you. Your comparing plant to animal.

I split my harvest, and keep aborts seperate, and I can tell you after dozens of people trying aborts and fully mature mushrooms, and anywhere in between, that there is no correlation to the size of the mushroom, and its potency. All these rumors come from people trying desparatly to find a way to tell by looking at the shroom if its good or not..does it have a closed cap, is it blue, what size it is, blah blah blah. NONE of it means SQUAT. You cant tell a single thing for sure about a mushroom by looking at it (extreme cases not included).
Gone through a number of piles that look like this in my time growing:

BUT I also believe anything you believe can greatly effect the trip, so if you really believe itll be stonger, then you'll feel it more and it will. That doesnt mean theres more chemicals, just your brain is more open to recieve everything, IMO.

hey can you pm me a pic of that bong if you have any from what i can see it looks almost exactly tyhe same as mine almost heh nice pile of shrooms.. damn i wish i had shrooms out the wazoo like that.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5465006 - 03/31/06 06:07 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

All I know is that smaller mushrooms have more alk than bigger ones per gram.
Aborts may be a different story, but im sure they are damn good, I have tried them and they are atleast as good as you would expect. Per gram, they work just fine.

Offlineshafty
fungus is urfriend
Male
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: demigodz72]
    #5466040 - 04/01/06 12:42 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

i ate two grams of aborts once and was very suprised at how strong of a trip it was. but it could've been my expectations of the trip. this is something that will be argued about for the rest of shroom-cult existence.

Offlinetime2
Stranger
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: shafty]
    #5466903 - 04/01/06 09:44 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

The only way you can find out is testing it right?  Whoever grows on here.... Grow some and pick all the aborts and weigh it... take the aborts and journal your trip... Then weigh out the normal ones to the same size and eat them the following week.... That should clear things up a little :wink:.

But I also believe what a few others have said.  If you think the Aborts are 10x more potent you are going to have a 10x more trip.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Atman]
    #5476129 - 04/03/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i wouldnt quote that source - that is almost like quiting McKenna's inergalactic spore-travel theory...
Some people are certain that aborts are more potent - i dont necessarily think that is the case but until someone does a proper study to determine when the most alkaloids are converted in the life cycle of the mushroom its hard to say.
There are many more serotonin -like alkaloids in Psilocybe mushrooms other than your normal psilocybin/psilocin/baeocystin - but whether these have any effect is unknown.
I do believe that substrate has a big part in it though - tripping on woodlovers is a very difference experience tripping on dung lovers.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5476381 - 04/03/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What is true, is that small mushrooms are more potent than the larger ones. Im not too sure about aborts. All I know is that they work just about the same as any size....

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Poll: do aborts give you a different trip? [Re: stemmer]
    #5476522 - 04/03/06 08:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

zXC

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 03:33 AM)

Offlinepsilocyber433
Stranger
    #10596502 - 06/30/09 07:30 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Im not an expert on this but where as humans develop cells as we grow mushrooms already have 100% but they just swell to make the shroom grow so i wonder whether its small but still has the same potency as if it were big??

Offlinetalane2005
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lawrence
    #10643588 - 07/08/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

welp, just downed a ton of aborts so here's hoping! :eek:

--------------------
See you later, Space Cowboy...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck