Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: David_vs_Goliath]
    #5472508 - 04/02/06 09:51 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

God does not have proportion.
The Kabbalists have presented the finest metaphysical notions (IMO) that describes God withdrawing/retracting the Infinite Being to create a 'Void' or a 'vacuole' the 'size' of a Singularity. Into this Singularity in which God's Infinite Being voided It's Presence (Tsim Tsum), the Pure Ideas began to manifest 'without' (yet, paradoxically, bounded omnidirectionally) God. The Big Bang (at 10 to the -43rd second) resulted in dirctionality and proportion as soom as one-dimensional 'emanations' left the Singularity.

Thus, while God is Present in Immanence, giving rise to, or perhaps making existence possible and sustaining existence by continual willing (or, intentionality - the only invariant feature of Consciousness), God's transcendent being is found at the Heart of Hearts of human consciousness and at the boundary of curved space, where that 'vacuole' continues to expand omnidirectionally within the Infinite and Transcendent Being of God. Unless entropy is allowed to cause a slowdown, stoppage and reversal, the universe could expand indefinately (but, there must be a point to creation, and collapse might mean the 'oscillating theory' that Hindu sages have long-maintained, with each new Big Bang resulting in novelty - for God.

My 2 cents.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5473566 - 04/03/06 04:49 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

I disagree; leave it as "Philosophy and Spirituality", you've already done enough by having the order of the two words switched around. :wink:

The main distinction between the two forums is simply the style in which we post. This thread in particular belongs here if the poster wishes to discuss the topic in the style in which is appropriate for this forum.

God knows there are thousands of threads whose topics would fit equally well in both forums. The forum wasn't really split so that different topics could be discussed in different forums, but so that the same topics could be discussed in different manners. :grin: I'd also be entirely willing to split hairs as to whether or not "religion, mysticism, and paranormal" have ANYTHING at all to do with spirituality:stoned:

As for the term "Morality" itself, it doesn't apply to this forum in any considerable way, not enough to have a phrase that does apply to be replaced with it. Also, where is the great distinction between "Morality" and "Ethics"? The term "Philosophy" is pretty inclusive in this regard. :smirk:

If the only problem is that some people might mistakenly post a topic in this forum and it is discussed in a manner that they did not intend on, then our moderators should gladly rise to the occasion and move it; hey, after all, that is why they are (suspossedly) here. :lol: As the thread starter has expressed no discord concerning the (lack) of discussion of his idea, then it most certainly belongs here.

Let's not further reduce the amount of traffic that filters through this forum by removing the term that represents its essence. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDeviate
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5473604 - 04/03/06 05:33 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I'd also be entirely willing to split hairs as to whether or not "religion, mysticism, and paranormal" have ANYTHING at all to do with spirituality.

the number 2 definition of spirituality in my dictionary is "of or relating to religion or religious belief". i don't see how anyone could possibly argue that religion and mysticism don't have anything at all to do with spirituality.

Edited by Deviate (04/03/06 05:37 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5473613 - 04/03/06 05:44 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

What are you talking about?! And why are you trying to maintain straight edges when these boundaries are so fuzzy?

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5474014 - 04/03/06 10:04 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

I like the tension which is given with the two aspects (which were once one), P&S. I would love to see spiritual subjects discussed philosophically or philosophical subjects spiritually. And yes, moral, like ethic is a part of philosophy, and I wouldn't like any nutshell here in this corner :wink:
I only would propose something like "Philosophy & Spirituality - Battleground" bash, wherever you see falsity!
and "RM&P - Flowergarden" be careful where you step.

Something like that :grin: :heart:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5474033 - 04/03/06 10:09 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

actually I think the initial post on this thread makes much sense. reading parallel worlds by michio kaku you can see that the latest bigbang theory is based on the concept of inflation. the universe would inflate from a single point expanding like a balloon. where did this single point rest before inflating? the answer proposed is on the surface of another balloon. so there would be multiple universes on a complex equation of death and rebirth. does it sound like life?

a seed blooms and expands

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: a_h_w]
    #5474073 - 04/03/06 10:30 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

The balloon analogy is to visualize the expansion of 3D space on the 2D surface of the balloon. How did he come to the answer that the singularity was positioned in (or popped out of) another space(universe?)?

The big bang theory is not a theory about the "real" origin of universe: it does not say where everything came from. The big bang theory does describe what happened after the universe came into existence.

OfflineDavid_vs_Goliath
Informer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: Annom]
    #5474951 - 04/03/06 02:50 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

I agree with the current heading of Philosophy and Spirituality and yes spirituality does fall into the religous relm. I take a course which incorperates the two and they contrast at times but also completment each other very nicely. Just my two cents

--------------------
"People living deeply have no fear of death."
"Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love."
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: recent realization (Big Bang) [Re: David_vs_Goliath]
    #5475441 - 04/03/06 04:26 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

I think what was before the big bang must have been God.

It could have been God.
We really can't say, with any honesty, what was actually before the Big ole Bang. Although, we're free to guess.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom