Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrbenfield
Stranger
first trip questions... i want this to be perfect
    #5472104 - 04/02/06 08:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ok so im tripping for the first time this weekend. there are two or three things i need to decide. i want this to be absolutely perfect, or as close as i can get.

ok so my current plan is to come home from school on friday, relax and meditate, then go to a punk/ska show that night. then a friend is coming home with me, and we plan to trip in my basement.

problems: 1.) my friend is doing them for the visual effects, and i am doing them for the spiritual experience.

2.) would the days activities affect the trip?

alternatives: i could just come home that night and just trip alone, but i would be in my computer room all alone, with music and a visualizer program, and possible interaction with my parents (eek!)

or i could do them the next day alone, with the option to walk outside ( if my parents leave that is)

with the alternatives parents are a problem, and could cause me to freak out.

if any of this made sense, what do you think i should do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: first trip questions... i want this to be perfect [Re: mrbenfield]
    #5472140 - 04/02/06 08:19 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I have kind of an add-on question, which you didn't specifically address, but an answer would probably benefit you and myself, since I'm in a similar situation.

My friends are just down with the "being fucked up" part, but for my first trip I reaaaally want to connect to nature. Any suggestions? I was thinking I could just go do my own thing after a while if I'm feeling brave, but I wouldn't want to be tripping for my first time lost in the woods. Maybe I'll just wait for a subsequent trip to connect with nature. Or maybe I'll just go with it and hope it happens either way...

Offlinegumball
Stranger
    #5472148 - 04/02/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i cant suggest this enough - regardless of your different intentions for the trip, especially for your first trip, if its between tripping alone in an enviornment your at all concerned about i.e. parents and tripping with a friend where you know you will be alone all night, go with the friend.
i've had experiences where conditions were ideal, and while i didnt expect for any reason my parents to come in the room while i was tripping, the fact that they were home and it was a possiblity freaked me out and i started loosing control.
go with your buddy where you know your gonna be free. i dont think your trip will be affected much by you and your friends different intentions.
have fun and dont worry :smile: curious, what are you planning on dosing?

Offlinemrbenfield
Stranger
Re: first trip questions... i want this to be perfect [Re: fazdazzle]
    #5472150 - 04/02/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

im in pretty much the same situation

Offlinemrbenfield
Stranger
    #5472154 - 04/02/06 08:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

an eighth of P. Cubensis

Offlinegumball
Stranger
    #5472163 - 04/02/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i still say go with your friend. an eighth can be a heavy first dose. my first was an eigthh, and honestly i wish i would have started out lower. since then, i've tried 2.5 and 2g trips and i found them not nearly as magical. i wish i would have started lower and built myself up.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: first trip questions... i want this to be perfect [Re: gumball]
    #5472175 - 04/02/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Actually I have another question, which might help out mrbenfield too. When you are tripping how hard is it to remember your intentions? I would assume most first-timers are just wowed and forget to do anything they thought they wanted to do.

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

#5472203 - 04/02/06 08:31 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

although your shroom purposes are more noble, at least he just doesnt want to get just fucked up.

the events of the day will not affect you, but dont sit in a basement your first time. save them for the afternoon (hopefully it will be sunny, depends on where you live). you and your friend should go to the beach or the woods or a park or something, and just trip.

preferably away from people, but my first time was on a beach and i was fine, did a whole 1/8 and all. people did talk to us, but who cares, to them we jsut look high, not trippin :wink:

save them for nature and enjoy the earth, you wont regret it.

ps - also maybe smoke some grass during the comedown, that real fun too.

happy shroomin  :regularshroom:

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Offlinegumball
Stranger
    #5472218 - 04/02/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

what do you mean your intentions? do you mean what you want to get out of the trip, or what you want to do while tripping?
i never really go into the trip wanting/expecting anything. i did once and found it only led to dissapointment. let everything unfold as it will and you will be rewarded.
if you mean what you want to do, as far as entertainment for the trip, music, movies etc, i always plan them out before i dose. make a playlist of what you want to listen to.
dont get too hung up on thinking you need to "DO" much. the trip alone will occupy you. you have all the time in the world to do what is to be done. :smile:

sorry if i completly misunderstood your question btw :smile:

Edited by gumball (04/02/06 08:33 PM)

Invisiblehoboblues
Male
Re: first trip questions... i want this to be perfect [Re: gumball]
    #5472259 - 04/02/06 08:39 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

FRIEND. Trip with your friend. I was bored one day. I had a little less than a 1/2 eighth of shrooms from the weekend before. So, I decided to take them, with both parents in the house during the day. While coming up, I sat around playing guitar.. it was actually quite pleasant, even when I was nearing peak. Until... my father came in the room I was in and tells me I have to drive him to pick up his car.(He had gotten it fixed) I didn't want to give away the fact that I was tripping.. I didn't look him in the eyes at all, and basically cowardly did as he requested. Driving him sucked.. a lot. He was correcting every minor thing I was doing, really starting to get to me. I sucked it up, though, and just did what he said. I didn't say a word the whole ride.

I'm really not sure how I didn't freak out. It definitely could have been much, much worse.

If you don't think you'll be comfortable around your parents while tripping, don't do it. I highly recommend avoiding that situation.

--------------------

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#5472263 - 04/02/06 08:40 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That does tend to happen. Just get out anything you want to interact with before hand, aka musical instruments, drawing materials, movie... so that you can spot them and remember.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: first trip questions... i want this to be perfect [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #5472363 - 04/02/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I was talking about planning activites, not...revelations or whatever. I'm not going to expect a certain outcome, but I'm just wondering if I'll forget or be too occupied to sit down and meditate or something along those lines.

I dunno I'm not too worried, I'll take whatever comes my way... I was just curious.

ps who is that playing guitar as your avatar, pinballwizard?

Edited by fazdazzle (04/02/06 09:07 PM)

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#5472395 - 04/02/06 09:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That is actually me, playing the song "Pinball Wizard" at our school talent show a few years ago. :thumbup:

Offlinessjwizard
Stranger
Re: first trip questions... i want this to be perfect [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5472463 - 04/02/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

ya you could get distracted and forget to do things. if you worry about doing them then your gona mess up your trip. set some things you may want to play with or a video to watch ect ect before hand. shrooms as many belevie are NOT incapacitating at normal doses IE if you decide you wana get up and find a snack you will be able to. you will probably forget to do some things. but aslong as you dont push your limits you will probably remember most of what happened altho some details will definatly be sckued or seem wrong thats totaly normal. personaly when i trip at home i grab my big fuzzy blanket and throw it on the couch. set the TV to the trance channel. throw a bunch of big pillows with diffrent textures to them around and get out some slinkys and other non dangerous amusing stuff to play around with. many a night ive found myself lieing in a pile of pillows with my wife laughin my butt off rubbing a pillow cus it feels "funny" or staring at a blanket cus it "looked at me funny" idk just me. above all else REALX take it easy and go with the flow.

--------------------
All statments, Imagery, and Ideas contained therin any postings are meerly retold sotrys of fictional acts created by a figmant of the universe imagination.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate