Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: Tien]
    #5470944 - 04/02/06 02:34 PM (18 years, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Plutonium said:
Quote:

gdman said:
It's funny how people on other sites seem to get so pissed, but then again, half those people are bitter ex-memebrs here, so it sorta makes sense. It's april fools for crying out load, come on, lighten up a lil! You really thought ythan would sell the shroomery?!? Must not know him very well then, he said he found god on 12 Gs of shrooms, he doesn't even shroom (anymore)! Come on, the best characters in the community were pranksters :lol:.

yea? fuck you.
It might be funny for someone who uses this place as a social club (thanks for the eye opener). It sure as hell wasn't funny to the people who rake in pounds in dry weight. catch my drift?...especially the whole authority business.

shroomery is nothing but drama. april fools or not, that joke hit me below the belt. here is a hilarious prank...how about i drop quarter of a gram of liquid LSD in your coffee while you are not looking. ooops. april fools, bitch.  :shocked:..what youre in shock?... :eek:
..or you can play a good one on the bomb squad, call and tell them someone is about to blow up the county jail...april fools!

fuck you guys. a hardcore cultivator should never get close to this drama scene. :thumbdown:

:bitch:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: Ythan]
    #5470953 - 04/02/06 02:39 PM (18 years, 9 hours ago)

Seriously though, since Hippie3 says "any publicity is good publicity" let me send some users his way. If you're harboring deep resentment towards the administrators after yesterday's prank and want to go sit at the grown-ups table, he's got you covered. :smirk:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #5470976 - 04/02/06 02:48 PM (18 years, 9 hours ago)

it's great how they try to flame people at this "grown-up" and "mature" website, without them being their to defend themselves at all.

and it's even better that one of the people doing it was some kid that someone, without mentioning names, helped out in a big way when some douche was causing him serious problems, guess that's what you get for helping people.

better still, one of these kids at this "mature" website is running his mouth about "hacking, bringing down this site, sending an app to lay dormant and then spring up and to magically delete this site and it's archives. He would do it to but he doesn't know how.

All over a stupid april fools prank.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman (04/02/06 02:52 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: gdman]
    #5470991 - 04/02/06 02:52 PM (18 years, 9 hours ago)

People are just embarrassed that they fell for it and are taking it out on your guys.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #5471030 - 04/02/06 03:11 PM (18 years, 9 hours ago)

I am sorry Ythan but yer 12g conversion was a bit over the  top :grin: To all you other shitheads who dreamt this one up :shitstorm:well played!
WR :rasta:

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#5471132 - 04/02/06 03:43 PM (18 years, 8 hours ago)

Seriously, great prank.  It kept me entertained for the entire day.  Well, I guess the prank didn't but all the people that fell for it did.

:bow:

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #5471258 - 04/02/06 04:25 PM (18 years, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Seriously though, since Hippie3 says "any publicity is good publicity" let me send some users his way. If you're harboring deep resentment towards the administrators after yesterday's prank and want to go sit at the grown-ups table, he's got you covered. :smirk:

gee
thanks!
long time admirer of your work.
keep it up.
:thumbup:

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisiblegiz
daydreamer
Male

Loc: EU
    #5471288 - 04/02/06 04:33 PM (18 years, 7 hours ago)

wasnt the top bid 6-7 millions? if you didnt cancel that sale on ebay, wouldnt the bidder have to pay that ? if that is the case, wasnt it tempting to let the auction go and get millions, you could sue the bidder if it was a fake offer or something perhaps as a bid usually is a binding contract

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: giz]
    #5471594 - 04/02/06 05:48 PM (18 years, 6 hours ago)

Yeah we did joke about that in an admin meeting scheduled on Saturday. For a brief period, we were making $500,000 an hour! But I can literally say, we wouldn't sue our users not even for a million dollars (or six!) :grin:

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
    #5478286 - 04/04/06 08:18 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

While I can appreciate a good con job, even participate to an extent. I am really NOT pleased that the shroomery was even put up on E-bay much less the text of it's advertizement. It was not only in poor taste it was an extremely childish undertaking.I know there are admin's on this site with a very "laid back" attitude toward the membership but to toy with folks deepest fears is not funny it is cruel.
I would hope that these things are considered before the "shroomery" decides to punk it's membership again. It is things like that that make folks go to "other" more mature forums for there socialization. Real life provides enough drama w/o it creeping into one's casual life.
If ya didn't see me much before , you'll see me even less now.
Peace,
WR
[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-14/416024567--journeytocenterofearth02.j

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: whiterasta]
    #5478573 - 04/04/06 10:07 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Dude! We have thousands and thousands of members here. I'm willing to bet that 95% of the REGULARS knew this was a prank.

You cant say the Administration is playing w/ peoples minds when the only people who were concerned were noobs and a few other very gullible people. The whole thing was SO over the top, it wasnt even close to convincing. The Q&A on E-Bay should have told you it was fake right away. Plus the huge bids, and people in the know trying very hard to sell the prank as fact.

Get Over It. It was funny as hell, and except for a few loose cannons, nobody panicked.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5478612 - 04/04/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

lol... :poop:

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
    #5478850 - 04/04/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke bro! That shit was hillarious. Bravo!! :lol: :thumbup:

--------------------
:orly:

Offlinecactusphreak
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: Hippie3]
    #5487328 - 04/06/06 06:51 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Thought this was funny :smile:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: cactusphreak]
    #5489228 - 04/07/06 08:38 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It was funnier for the misspelled words than anything else.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: Phred]
    #5490041 - 04/07/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Ahahaha yo mom's DEAD, biatch! Be sure to come back for the encore presentation of "You've got the AIDS!"

OfflineBlueJay
Pan Man
 User Gallery
Loc: Christs' peace patrol
    #5490249 - 04/07/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Using God as the reason for your lie will bring great bad punishment into your life...

Shouldnt fuck with the highest power. He is always in charge even when it doesnt seem like it

--------------------
Respect all, Fear None!
The Peacemaker

Cacti are my new life.....

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: BlueJay]
    #5490260 - 04/07/06 02:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Of all the things that God created, practical jokes are his favorite.

So ha.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: BlueJay]
    #5490266 - 04/07/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

God, shmod.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: April Fools Wrap-Up Thread [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5490293 - 04/07/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

Of all the things that God created, practical jokes are his favorite.

that and the movie "Bruce Almighty".

I'm sure he enjoyed that little ditty!~

:smirk:

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag