Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Going To The Army [Re: Krishna]
    #5465086 - 03/31/06 06:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Civil conflict is as old as man and completely independent of weaponry. Hobbes illustrated this beautifully in Leviathan. There is no correlation between the frequency of disputes and advances in weaponry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDICK
Stranger
Re: Going To The Army [Re: Scott Bennett]
    #5465099 - 03/31/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i havent read non of the other posts.. but this is the best advise youll get since its first hand experience

I joined the Marines last year and had to go through the same shit. Look  they tell you all this shit bla bla... The recruiter is just trying to fill a quota and hell both tell you thats the best descission youre making and that youre lucky since you 'barely' made it... You might even hear other recruiters tell you that if it were them, they wouldnt even take a second look at you. Its all mind games... Get used to them cause where youre going its gonna get a LOT harder... I mean prepare for a reality check. Well that USMC I dont know about army... I know its alot easier plus I heard that the DI's are only dicks to you the first couple of weeks and then they become your best buddies.

Whatever.

Anyway, yea if you wanna make it.. just dont smoke. Youll get tested again once you report to basic training and youll do this thing called 'MOT' Moment of Truth. Basically you confess all your shit in front of a couple of commanders, officers and all the nasty recruits around you. Like I said, this is Marines... But we go through the same shit and more... So Im just telling you what might happen and worst case scenarios. Worst case scenario is if you lied in 'mot' and flunk the piss test, they ship back home period. Just cause you smoked or kill somebody doesnt disqualify you. They really dont honestly care. Fuck there was this guy who confessed to like a hundred drugs and felonies. Of course hell probably be a grunt the rest of his military days.

YOUR RECRUITER LIES

Face it... Hes probably the coolest guy right now, but the sad truth is hes lying to you 70%+ of the time.

Play hardball while you still can... If you score good on the asvab ask about 'bonuses'. Fuck ask about bonuses even if you dont. Make him meet your standards as much as you can. If he doesnt listen, say "so navy/marines are next door right?" It sounds funny but thats the way it is.

Hell why dont you join navy or marines instead?? Army has the shit end of the stick. Marines get the toughest training but theyre all around kickass. Navy is gay unless you go for the SEAL challenge.. In which case, good luck to you bro... Youre about to face the toughest military training in the world. 1+ years SEAL training AFTER you graduate from the navy.. most fail... There was this one case that not a single navy graduated into SEAL cause they quit.

Its that hard... But hey, youll be a SEAL

Good luck to you... I wouldnt really recommend anyone join the military cause well, youre fighting for bush.

If you need anything just PM me... I can tell you ways to pass training , become squal leader, not get the shit end of the stick in training...  :thumbup:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Going To The Army [Re: spud]
    #5465100 - 03/31/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i'd agree, but i'd also say as we merge to a 'global' economy, the necessity for inter-regional conflicts should decrease. i'm a pretty firm believer in Bakunin's hypothesis that the very presence of the State dictates a 'protect our borders & grow' mentality - but both according to neo-liberal rhetoric (re free-trade) & according to the anarcho-libertarian principles i subscribe to, this concept of national conflict (and really, identity) should fade away. however, the budding neo-liberal models started failing miserably, and took the cue from Keynes to stimulate their economies - thus the military-industrial complex growing to the influence it has today. if it weren't for this strong influence, i'd venture to say humanity would (albeit slowly) move beyond social conflict. however, so long as this influence persists, there is a large profit to be made in arms-trafficking and war-mongering in general...

--------------------

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Going To The Army [Re: Liz]
    #5465177 - 03/31/06 07:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
I don't know why anyone would want to enlist and be sent to a place that we really don't have any business being in, where we're getting our asses kicked day in and day out :shrug:

It is a good opportunity...just depends on how you look at it.

As far as the drug testing goes...this is fail proof - get yourself a detox kit (look around and read 3rd party reviews), after detoxing yourself...just dont do drugs until after your test, instead exercise a lot...and keep very hydrated during the time frame between detox and testing. you will make it in just fine.

keep your eyes open, dont be stupid and smoke up in a war zone :wink:

Pluto

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Going To The Army [Re: MushyHead420]
    #5465198 - 03/31/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

if you look on the ingredients of all the 'pass your drug test' drinks, you will find that they all have the same thing: creatine and b vitamins.

so go to your health store, buy creatine and b vitamins, and you'll have enough to pass 100 drug tests for the same amount you would spend on one of those drinks. Just drink lots of water and take a large dose of each supplement the day of the test.

PS: the army is whack and you're gay for joining.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #5465261 - 03/31/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

कृष्ण,LOL said:
aggressive military action does not keep anybody safe.

it stirs up more trouble in the world, serves to enforce unequal and unsustainable systems of distribution.

ever since Keynes, the western world has used militarization to stimulate their economies - having little-to-nothing to do with security, it is little more than a huge waste of human and natural resources...

Oh hush allready.

You can't use politics as an excuse to whine at people who have military jobs.

If you're so upset about things, then run for office or join a lobbying group.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Going To The Army [Re: Konnrade]
    #5465854 - 03/31/06 11:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

My advice is to smoke three big fat bong hits, look in the mirror and ask yourself 'Do I really want to put myself in a situation where I may be forced to murder other human beings?'.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Going To The Army [Re: Konnrade]
    #5465974 - 04/01/06 12:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i don't mean to "whine" about military jobs. i just think it is a fabricated sector of our economy, invented to stimulate the stagnation that we currently find ourselves in, and one that leads to a lot of (direct) suffering in the pursuit of profit.

as for running for office, or joining a lobbying group, i don't really see it as having the slighest of use. i'd rather get together a 'collective' of consumers, and set up a grocery/bio-diesel/recycling/whatever co-op than worry about State-based politiks.

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#5466004 - 04/01/06 12:33 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'd vote for you. I like a lot of your ideology.

You're a communist, right?

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Going To The Army [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5469416 - 04/01/06 10:31 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PLUR, LOL said:
I'd vote for you. I like a lot of your ideology. 

You're a communist, right?

:lol:

I had to bump this thread just because of that.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale