Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
diffrent uses of mycology
    #4392349 - 07/11/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've heard a little about using mushrooms (mycilium) to treat polluted soil (genetically altering mycilium to treat specific metirials and intreducing them to the contaminated soil)
but i'm still not sure if its just in theory or some people out there are actualy messing about with such things...
or was it genetically altered bactiria?

does anyone know where i can find info on this subject?
or anything like that (using myclium for terraforming and such)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: diffrent uses of mycology [Re: Simisu]
    #4395043 - 07/12/05 05:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If I remember right, Stamets was doing a lot of that with oyster mushrooms....

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4405103 - 07/14/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: diffrent uses of mycology [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4405260 - 07/14/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thanks mattymonkey that's exactly what i was looking for!
now i can search further because i know the actual WORDS i was looking for (mycotechnolegy: mycofiltration, mycoremediation, mycoforestry and mycorestoration)

i was pretty sure there would be info about this on the shroomery but i guess its more reserved to the scientists which probably have little use for this site (too bad though)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4405280 - 07/14/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i am very interested in these uses, as this is really the direction i want to be going with the cultivation i am learning..

the ability to clean up water from cattle runnoff..
transform petroleum in soil to mushrooms that contain none..
what else can these mushrooms do.. it truly amazes and inspires me..

good luck with your quest, and please keep us updated

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: diffrent uses of mycology [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4405627 - 07/14/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah... the more i read up on these shrooms them more i want to know!
i'm 23 years old and i have no idea what i want to do with my life but this looks like a good option (plus it might even be lucrative in the long run which is not that bad)

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #5467703 - 04/01/06 02:18 PM (18 years, 17 hours ago)

ummm... i've had to dig this thread to link on IRC...
it's worth a bump i think (some interesting reading if you follow the link)

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5468138 - 04/01/06 04:30 PM (18 years, 15 hours ago)

It's not a myc but..

Here in holland we use a bacterium on stable manure (piss & poo) which performs the great trick of converting fixated nitrogen into elemental nitrogen. It sounds uneventful but this almost eliminates ammonia and nitrate emissions, which is to great benefit for the enviroment, because we not just are pumping excess fixated carbon into the carbon cycle (greenhouse effect thru fossile fuel) but also pump excess fixated nitrogen into the nitrogen cycle (acid rain/toxic smog thru artificial feed/fert products) Farmers can actually buy baggies of de-nitrifying bacteria to lower their NOx and NH3 emissions.

Sewage purification plants extensively use microbial detoxification on a grand scale.

There are micro-organisms that eat away at tars, chlorinated aromatics and which fixate heavy metals, and they are experimented upon.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: diffrent uses of mycology [Re: Asante]
    #5481648 - 04/05/06 05:31 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

holland is very advanced in that respect!
i've also heared about your approach to antibiotics (which over here is still sadly considered to be a "cure-all") which is much more healthy and regulated over the population...
sadly i can't see how farmers over here will care about such problames as nitrate and ammoniea emmisions :smirk:

i'm also aware that bactiria is being used for suage controll/treatment but i was always under impression that this was naturally accuring bactiria?
it's a very interesting feild actualy (i've been thought some of these processes at the army... i don't remember much though and sadly i never got the chance to actualy use that informaition. all that came of that education was me spilling an ocational berral of oil into the seuage treatment pools of my base to prevent mosquitos :shrug: )

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5485521 - 04/06/06 06:18 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i'm also aware that bactiria is being used for suage controll/treatment but i was always under impression that this was naturally accuring bactiria?

As a teen I once got a tour of a sewage purification plant. They have large basins, including one filled with porous rock housing aerobic bacteria in great numbers which in X hours can detoxify a quantity of water. There must be stuff on this online ^_^

Yup, antibiotic abuse is staggering. If you look at the bird flu virus, if it goes pandemic there is a reasonable chance it will be resistent against antivirals because japanese doctors have overprescribed Tamiflu to just about every kid with a minor cold.
Antibacterial antibiotics (like tetracyline, a real oldie) are routinely fed to factory farm animals to save a buck.

We will pay for this by millions of humans laid dead by some future treatment resistant epidemic. :sad:

Antibiotics and antivirals are strategic chemicals in our war on disease, yet they are treated like feed additives in factory farming :mad:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: diffrent uses of mycology [Re: Asante]
    #5485527 - 04/06/06 06:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A really *different* use for mycology would be to collect crotch fungi, cultivate them and use the lyophillized spores to launch a terror campaign of Jock Itch Letters :grin:

No seriously, thats a crime :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate